[GS] ArtDef and new unit

Ieke

Chieftain
I think I'm going nuts. I created a new Civ and all is going great except for one thing, I can't change the graphics for the new unit, it shows up as a Warrior and when the unit goes into combat the game pauses/drags way longer than it should.

I have gone through a few tutorials here and nothing is working. I have the ArtDef folder and I have copied the Artdef file from other mods and even from the base game folders. I change the unit type to my unit but nothing. I have the mod art Dep in my game properties..oh ya I'm using Modbuddy.

Can anybody please list or show how to do this. I just want to use the Hoplite Artdef file/graphics.

Thank you much!!

Ok, still not working. Now it won't cook the ArtDef. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

I'm going back and looking at the ArtDef posts again.

I'm doing something wrong. I changed and I'm trying to mirror the Spearman graphics just to get this thing to work. Do I have to add this in "in game actions" or "frontend actions"? Right now I have the Mod Art Dep File in FrontEnd Actions.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Yishai_Modbuddy.PNG
    Yishai_Modbuddy.PNG
    103.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Yishai_Modbuddy_02.PNG
    Yishai_Modbuddy_02.PNG
    104.8 KB · Views: 53
I add in both game actions and frontend actions, make sure you add (Mod Art Dependency File) out of the box property instead of mod.art.xml file:
upload_2020-9-4_15-53-57.png

If nothing works, try to get a fresh units.artdef from the game files.

I did just that and used a fresh copy of the ArtDef file. It finally worked!

A Big thank you!!

Top Bottom