This mod adds the following improvements:
- A beautiful new fog of war!
- New textures for Grassland,Plains and Desert with regional variations;
- New textures for Marsh, Tundra and Snow without regional variations;
- Recolored rivers and water;
- Re-textured flood plains;
This Mod comes in the form of a pseudo-DLC, and not as a traditionnal mod. Hence, follow these instructions to properly install it.
- Delete any mods or pseudo-dlc that provide alternative textures in : "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods" and "steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC". I cannot ensure the cross compability.
- Download the archive on CivFanatics.
- Extract and Move the resource folder to ..\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC.
- Navigate to: My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and delete the following folders : Cache, Logs, ModUserData
- The mod is now ready to use. It will be launched for all games you start, regardless of the expansion or other mods installed.
I have reused the water color palette of Estebanium's Terrain Texture Mod.
All new textures were made using Midjourney.