Artic Map(52x52)

Chieron

Warlord
Well, just build my first Map in Civ4..

It is one of the Artic - the North Pole is the Center of the map.
it's relatively accurate (Britain and Japan are moved a bit and some regions are more icy than they really are, others are not)
Size: 52x52 (TeamBattleground, Huge)<-custum maps sizes would have been nice :(

Civs:
England(Victoria)
Germany(Bismarck)
Persia(Cyrus)
Russia(Peter)
Mongolia(Genghis)
Japan(Tokugawa)
America(Roosevelt)
Monty,Napoleon,Alex and Mao also would be option after editing (they are dummies for now, as i don't know how to remove them [or how to add civs after starting the game]) :crazyeye:

The scenario is complete except the fact that some civs already know each other (most annoying: Roosevelt and some others..)--i'd be glad to undo this contact, but i don't know how.. :confused:

concerning my ignorance in some points, i would really like some help..

--------------------------------------------
€:
-Contacts removed
-dummy Civs removed (along with Nordpol City)
-all Civilization have English names now--so the scen. should be entirely English now.

Attachments

• Arctica.zip
    15 KB · Views: 287
Nice map, i like the idea. I'll probably do some civilization edit if i play it but thats pretty easy.
Regarding contact with other teams,
If you open the worldbuilder file in notepad, you'll the that under each team there is a list of contacts with other teams.
Like: BeginTeam
Tech=TECH_HUNTING
Tech=TECH_MINING
ContactWithTeam=1
ContactWithTeam=2
ContactWithTeam=3
ContactWithTeam=6
ContactWithTeam=7
ContactWithTeam=8
RevealMap=0
EndTeam
(this is russia)

If if you want the civs to dont have contact with eachother at the start, delete all the "contact with team X" EXCEPT the number of the team your editing.
I see the worldbuilderfile is in german, and my german is rather... non-existing

Nice! This would be a great map for some nothern civs. Like norway sweden finland canada ect ect... You could incorporate the map with a mod with these new civs. Or make you own! Also, there is a polarbear unit that would be perfect for this map:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=150297
Just make it capable of moving to impasable terrain so it can move on the north pole.
Also.. why is there a village in the middle of the north pole?

Top Bottom