Article: How well did they create Australia in Civilization VI?

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
That was an interesting read, although I disagree about the potential for an indigenous Australian future civ.

Regarding the Outback Tycoon scenario: I live in Tasmania, and it seems that Tassie is probably just truncated because it allows the scenario to be a little more compact. In addition you don't have the big strip of the southern ocean which would be effectively dead space on the map. More room for land and by extension, cities. I don't mind my home state missing as the scenario is kind of fun.

I did change Queensland to Maroon and Gold though. I don't follow rugby but even us dopey southerners know Queensland's colours : )

"So should you play as Australia, yes, if for nothing else you should play it for its music which might be my favourite from the entire series so far, sorry Scarborough Fair, but it was fun while it lasted?"

As a Kiwi I am already well over exposed to Waltzing Matilda, so it grows old fast, as good a song as it is. That and one of the other main Aussie themes I know mostly from the McDoanld's advert about doing up your seatbelt... :hammer2: So I'm not so fond. Put all that aside though the moment the didgeridoo kicks in!! Chills down my spine :D :love:

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda!
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me.
And his ghost may be heard as you pass by that billabong:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me!"

That's honestly the best part of this entire thing for me. The civ itself is fun to play as its bonuses are pretty good.
As someone with little knowledge of Australia, I at least understand what the depiction is about and what events its unique properties refer to.

The whole civ design gives me flashbacks from that Australia movie with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.
indeed there do seem to be some similarities

I also like that you steal land from other nations to use as pastures, and have incentives to undertake intensive development on your most beautiful natural sites.

Those both seem pretty on the money.

All of the songs play too much because it's limited to a single song per Civ

I think you'll find there is more than one song per Civ. Alas, I also know the second most common Australian theme in the game lol

I think you'll find there is more than one song per Civ. Alas, I also know the second most common Australian theme in the game lol
Perhaps, but I only seem to hear the main theme of each Civ that's in my game. Soundtrack also only has one song listed per Civ

That was an interesting read, although I disagree about the potential for an indigenous Australian future civ.

The indigenous Australians civ would be fun. They could have a special ability in that they couldn't research anything, but gain the advantage of being able to utilise the civics and technology of the most advanced civ in the game, with a plus 20% bonus called "affirmative action".

Perhaps, but I only seem to hear the main theme of each Civ that's in my game. Soundtrack also only has one song listed per Civ

Australia has at least 3 distinct parts: waltzing matilda; click the shears (? I think it's called? - in Australia & NZ McDonalds used it for a safety video); and the digeridoo.
Others do too. England isn't Scarborough Fair the whole time.

Now you guys can put up with what I do when this portion of the soundtrack plays ;)

Top Bottom