1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Article on TechHaze

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by PinkShaka, Mar 17, 2010.

1. PinkShaka

PinkShaka Chieftain

Here's an article my brother wrote on TechHaze.com

I find it pretty nice, it sums up most of the important stuff we know about Civ5.

Cheers!

2. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

nice!

3. Ingvina Freyr

Ingvina Freyr wants a Steamfree option

This part (the changing of environments) was new to me. Sounds cool, but raises the question of modability even more.

4. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

That is nice, that they will be in different environments. A definite +. There are some easier ways to put a image in the background instead of modeling a whole 3d room or environment.

5. mattigus

mattigus Chieftain

I suppose that would be hard to mod in, but if you can't do that, you can always use a static image background instead. There's nothing forcing you to create mods that are as good as what the pros are making.

6. Ingvina Freyr

Ingvina Freyr wants a Steamfree option

True. Except perhaps for the want to achieve perfection.

7. Newcomer24

Newcomer24 Chieftain

Are we sure it doesn't mean what we already knew?

Other previews pointed out that the background will be different according to the leader, NOT the situation:

Considering that this article appartently doesn't add new bits of info but it seems to use what we already knew from other previews/interviews, and that the author didn't acutally see the game or speak with Jon, I wonder if it was just bad wording there.

8. PinkShaka

PinkShaka Chieftain

Good point. The phrasing is actually unclear:

What if Askia hasn't managed to conquer anything?

I'll ask the author to check on that.

Anyway, if it's not the case, I'm sure modders can manage to make the backrounds change according to the situation. ;)

9. eireksten

eireksten Protective/Organized

Hehe. The Askia AI is overpowered, and will always have just conquered something. This has to be the only explanation! I will not buy Civ5 because of this!

10. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Okay, there are some interesting tidbits here...

Seems like the leaders will be even more, er, "real" than in the previous games! :lol:

What I still don't get is why some of the articles refer to the English leader as Victoria, even though we've clearly seen evidence that Elizabeth will be the leader.

I'm also quite interested by they say Pericles is the Greek leader. They don't seem to offer any conclusive evidence about such elsewhere, so it could be a mistake or random speculation... Or it means that Alexander is either out, or has a serious new look.

11. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

You're missing the ? after his name ;).

12. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

I think this is just a summary article, and not actually something to take any new information from.