Artifact or landmark?

CppMaster

Emperor
What would be better when going for Cultural Victory?
I don't have much experience with CV and I always dig artifacts, but maybe it's a good idea to create a landmark instead especially in capital and with Freedom ideology in mind?

Bascule2000

Warlord
Always artifact I think. Landmarks were king in vanilla but while yields have improved on other tiles, landmark yields haven't. Take the artifact, stick it in a museum with a theming bonus, and farm the tile where the landmark would be.

LukaSlovenia29

Emperor
I prefer landmarks. With Artistry and Historical Landmark resolution, they give very good yields. Plus you can almost always get "enough" artifacts/GWs from foreign (hidden) antiquity sites, plundering, GPs, stealing with spies...

CppMaster

Emperor
Always artifact I think. Landmarks were king in vanilla but while yields have improved on other tiles, landmark yields haven't. Take the artifact, stick it in a museum with a theming bonus, and farm the tile where the landmark would be.
Then I guess it's a minor balance issue then.

chicorbeef

Emperor
I prefer Landmarks generally, especially with Knowledge Through Devotion and/or New Deal/Artistry Finisher. They also get buffed by the Historical Landmarks, which the AI passes quite often.

Though there may be cases where an artifact is preferred.

CrazyG

Deity
I'm a fan of artifacts most of the time. The more artifacts you have the stronger each individual one becomes because themeing bonuses.

admfischer

Chieftain
I used to build one or two landmarks but back then firing historical events was more important than gaining actual artifacts and landmarks. Now things changed a bit so I don't know.

There was one time when I had not enough museums to keep all artifacts, so slots can matter too.

Top Bottom