Artifacts and works of art icons should be different

Teodosio

Warlord
I think that artifacts and works of art icons should be different. Since they unlock different theme bonuses they should be easier to distinguish. Work for the first patch?

If anyone else is interested in this, perhaps it would be good to "sign" the proposal (with the side effect of keeping the thread up, too). In this way someone from 2K or Firaxis could notice the thread and, if they are kind enough, they could forward the suggestion to the developers.

Finally someone has the cojones to say this! I agree!

Although I can't think of a replacement icon. Perhaps a little shovel?

I think it was the same as a Great Work of Art because they fill the same slots.

But I think they get confusing when trying to theme, since they don't mix with art... at least that's how I remember it. Perhaps just a different colour would do.

But I think they get confusing when trying to theme, since they don't mix with art... at least that's how I remember it. Perhaps just a different colour would do.

If you ask me those icons are a horrible waste of space. We have a single icon for all works of art and artifacts. That icon could tell so much more.

- type (different icon for art and artifact)
- nationality (color coding)
- era (a little text or something?)

That would present all the important stuff about a work at a glance, instead of them all having this stupid tooltip to check.

If you ask me those icons are a horrible waste of space. We have a single icon for all works of art and artifacts. That icon could tell so much more.

That would present all the important stuff about a work at a glance, instead of them all having this stupid tooltip to check.

Yea, now that you make me think about it, having era displayed on the icon would be great! It could be just a little number (e.g. 1 for ancient, 2 for classic...). This reminds me of the board game Innovation, a must for Civ players! :p

I think an amphora or a pot or a broken column would be a good icon.

Some great ideas in this thread. Hopefully someone from Firaxis takes notice.

Yea, now that you make me think about it, having era displayed on the icon would be great! It could be just a little number (e.g. 1 for ancient, 2 for classic...). This reminds me of the board game Innovation, a must for Civ players! :p

Indeed! Would make the Culture interface MUCH easier to use if all the vital info was there at a glance, not hidden in a tooltip.

Something like this has to happen. The great works UI is not very informational at a glance.

A very good suggestion.

if I may, for the Artifacts, I think we should use an icon corresponding to the idol at beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Or Beads. :p

It took me SO long to figure out that they were in fact different items. Now it's just a matter of taking the time to read the description. A different icon would make life so much easier.

I really hope someone from 2K or Firaxis notices this. I would love an official comment!

If there's a big enough demand on it, and they find it useful, it's possible thye might add it, not to brag, but I swear I proposed the idea of adding a UI gizmo that tells you who is taking their tur, and guess what, a patch or two later, and it was added!

Top Bottom