Arts and Literature Forum?

It's about arts and entertainment, I reckon.

What about the "What Music are You Listening To?" threads. I noticed that the classical ones have been moved there, but not others. That reeks of... snobbery ;)

Oh dear... just ask one of the moderators to move it. The forum is still a bit 'under construction' - and I just noticed it's now renamed Arts & Entertainment. So, down with snobbery! (Is that a word?)

(Although I can't fathom why literature is naturally a part of arts and entertainment isn't.)

* And I just notice Valka D' Ur has already answered this.

Visible now.

Thank you. (It still doesn't show as a subscribed forum, though.)

EDIT: And now it does show up on my subscribed foruums. ;)

What does "poncy" mean? :confused:

Of, relating to, or characteristic of a ponce
Ponce: a man who is effeminate in his manner and fussy in the way he dresses

Well, I started a thread on Avatar... I wouldn't really call crazy ass natives gay (in the wimpy sense) ;)

Ponciness has nothing to do with poshness. Prince Philip is posh but he's hardly a ponce. It means being excessively aesthetic in the Wildean sense.

It also has nothing to do with effeminacy, which in turn has nothing to do with homosexuality.

But I don't think this need be discussed any further here.

Could you please add some punctuation to the forum description on the main index? A full stop or an exclamation mark would be fine, or I'd settle for an ellipsis, but it just looks kinda naked as it is now.

"Explore your creative side."
"Explore your creative side!"
"Explore your creative side..."

Generally it's used as to describe someone who is posh. Being effeminate will just get you called a fag or some other derogatory term.
May I suggest that you may be worried that the Arts forum will be snooty?

Considering the wide variety of interests we all have, I'm sure there will be an eclectic mix of topics. :)

Top Bottom