1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Artstyles for Middle East and Greco Roman

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by Ximphron, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

The Middle East and Greco Roman city artstyles do not display for major civilizations. City States such as Cape Town or Genoa have the correct artstyles, but Major civs like Rome or Arabia display the European city art instead. The code in CivVCivilizations.xml has the correct name for those artstyles in it, for example Rome says it uses Greco_Roman in the code in that file, but in the actual game it does not.

Asian and American city artstyles work fine.

This is both in this newest patch and in the previous version, and both me and my roommate have this same problem.

2. forty2j

forty2j King

Is this true in the patch that just went live moments ago? I thought that was one of the items fixed.

3. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

Yep, it just came out.
    The patch fix was for the American city style problem, a problem I never had.
    As I said, tis is both in the newest patch and the previous version.

4. OmegaKabob

OmegaKabob Le Just Derpin' Around ~

I'm downloading the patch right now, but when I set up a ticket with Aspyr for this problem they said it would be fixed in the next patch! This is so dumb...

5. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

Let me know if it works for you.
    I really would like to see my civs have the correct graphical feeling.

6. OmegaKabob

It doesn't work for me, at least with Babylon it doesn't. I'm actually downloading Korea and WotAW now so I'll get back to you on that. And I agree with you, i find it annoying that Arabian cities look like English ones.

7. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

Okay. It's good to know that others are having this problem so it's not just my computer being stupid. I was really hoping the newest patch would fix this.

Do you have polynesia? I will be somewhat annoyed if I download polynesia and have the cities look like english castles, it really ruins the historic feel of certain civs, thus why in CivIV the ethnic citystyles mod was so popular so everybody wasn't living in tudor houses and new york style skyscrapers.

8. OmegaKabob

Polynesia has those the Euro style too. :(

9. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

They said the same thing to me each I opened a ticket about this very same problem (starting some 2 or 3 patches ago). Does anyone know if this is happening on the PC version?

10. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

Maybe if we all open a ticket this week about this same problem it will increase the chances of this being fixed. (And they can't say anything about the next patch, as they just released one).

11. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

Aspyr just heard from me again. I hope we get this sorted out; the Arabs are my civ of choice, and this bug really ruins the experience for me.

12. OmegaKabob

Same here! I love playing TSL Arabia but the city appearance really ruins the immersion too.

13. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

I'm in the same boat, Arabs are my favorite civ and I would like them to have an Arabic feel.

I just sent a ticket to Aspyr. I was really hoping the latest patch would fix this.

Edit: One other thing, does anybody have a problem where the gamma is turned up too high on leader screen settings greater than minimum?

14. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

So I wrote Aspyr and this was the response I received:

"It was in the priority of our developers to address performance issues and PC/Mac multiplayer compatibility. The architecture issue will potentially be addressed in a future patch release with no exact eta."

Again, this is the third time I've been told to wait for the next patch about this exact problem. Actually, the first two times I was told it would be fixed in the "next patch." This time, they were quite a bit more vague with words like "potentially" and "future patch."

I don't know what is going on, but I'm pretty angry.

15. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

I got word for word the exact same message.
    I wish I knew how to just fix this myself.

16. OmegaKabob

Same. ):

17. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I didn't realized before, thanks...

It's not a major problem, but annoying however...

18. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

I've been messing around in the game files, and found that the problem has to do with some connection with the artstyles, not with the civs, as I tried displaying middle eastern art styles for asian civs and found that it made them display european buildings.

19. OmegaKabob

That's strange O__o

20. Ximphron

Ximphron Chieftain

I've been looking through everything in detail and it looks like all the correct code is there. Grr.