1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Artstyles for Middle East and Greco Roman

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Macintosh' started by Ximphron, Sep 28, 2011.

1. OmegaKabob

OmegaKabob Le Just Derpin' Around ~

Oh never mind then AR. I just hope it gets resolved. And I contacted Aspyr about this and they said it would be fixed in the next patch (I contacted them 2 months ago)

2. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

Is anyone as angry as I am that this still hasn't been fixed?

Aspyr has known about this since April. As far as I know, this bug has never been logged on the PC version.

3. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

Even stranger, my Mac installation doesn't have this bug. I tested vs Windows, and got the same graphics.

4. Swerv

Swerv Chieftain

Strange indeed, but you've given me hope. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Or why it is apparently not happening to you?

5. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

No clue at all.

I do play most of my games with Thal's mod+CSD+R.E.D+NACS Mod, don't know if one of the mods is triggering something.

It's all going to be a moot point, though, if 2K releases a dll to mod with, as I'll no longer be able to play Thal's mod on my Mac, and I'll *have to* go to my Win 7 partition to play Civ 5 with that mod, which will mean I won't even bother to buy Mac Civ anymore for expansions or anything. Kind of like playing the Civ 4 Planetfall mod. It's got a dll for Civ 4, so I can't play it on Mac, either.

Just sucks that 2K won't support any of that, and I'm about to wash my hands of the whole franchise, particularly with Diablo 3 on the horizon, which, like the rest of that company's games, *does* support fully the 'unprofitable' Mac. It isn't unprofitable, or they wouldn't support it, including the SC2 editing tools.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not unhappy with my Mac at all. I'm very unhappy at the crappy level of support certain companies, like 2K, give it, when clearly there IS profit in Mac gaming, or Blizzard, who many insist is a very money-hungry company, would not support Macs at the same level they do Windows.