As a child, did your parents spank you?

Were you spanked?

• No. They never touched me.

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Once or twice, when I really pushed it....

Votes: 85 45.0%
  • Often.

Votes: 34 18.0%
  • Spanked? Well I have memories involving a belt....

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • Wait, your parents stopped when you became an adult? WTF?

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • My dad is Joseph Fritzl

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I like watching Downtown spank radioactive monkeys.

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
No cause I was the perfect kid. I never needed punishment.

I was often spanked as a child. My parents also spanked my little sister, too. Usually on the rear, occasionally the hand (i.e., grabbing for something you shouldn't have), or the mouth (being mouthy, using bad language, etc.).

My mom slapped me once when I got super unruly. The shock of it put me right back in my place. And once, when I was throwing a 12-year-old brat temper tantrum, kicking her seat in the car calling her jerkifer jerkifer jerkifer (her name being Jennifer) she took her cold McDonalds coffee and threw it on me.

When I was 12 (and younger), it never even crossed my mind to call my parents by their first name. (That would've been like an insult)

When I was 12 (and younger), it never even crossed my mind to call my parents by their first name. (That would've been like an insult)
I still don't.

My dad beat me, hence the foster home, hence almost zero communication(and the fact that hes bitter about my non-theism).

Funny thing is the beatings stopped when I started lifting weights my freshman year although behavior was increasingly worse the next four years.

Hence why I got gross cold tea thrown on me.

Spanking is repeated hard hitting, right?

When I was very little I was apparently given the occasional whack on the arse, aimed more at scaring/surprising me than hurting me. I don't really remember it happening.

Simple question, did your parents ever spank you?
Yes. Every time my grades weren't as good as they wanted it to be. (Mind you even without serious effort my grades should be high enough to put me in the class' top 5 but nooo I had to be number 1. :rolleyes: )

As for misbehavior? Hah! As if I would dare to misbehave. As a kid I was a robot whose existence had only one purpose - to get ridiculously good grades in school so that I can avail of a scholarship, and then later to get to enter a good and reputable college.

Did it work?
Yes. I have a cushy adult life now even if I'm not filthy rich (The latter is what I'd really prefer to be. I blame bad RNG for causing me to be born middle class overseas Chinese instead of Brunei royalty). I turned out quite fine, except for being somewhat emotionless, cold-hearted and a loner by nature.

...and would you spank your children if you ever had them.
Yes. Spare the rod and spoil the child I sayz. But only for misbehavior. No need for them to suffer my childhood fate as I should be able to afford to send them through college now.

Also, there is a method to our corporal punishment and it is not as bad as you imagine. For one, the only places where I was hit were the buttocks and the palms of my hands. Usual torture devices tools were rulers, bamboo sticks, plastic coat hangers, chicken feather dusters, and yes, belts.

These stories make me the saddest

Why? My parents did the same thing. Now I have a scholarship, and great grades. Seems to have worked.

Usual torture devices tools were rulers, bamboo sticks, plastic coat hangers, chicken feather dusters, and yes, belts.

Broom with a metal tip for me. Actually that was only once.

Why? My parents did the same thing. Now I have a scholarship, and great grades. Seems to have worked.

Success in life isn't worth that, in my opinion :)

Well, I was "belted" acouple times, as I remember. But I don't think my parents actually hit me hard at all.....I was more afraid of the being hit by the belt that when my parents actually "hit" with the belt (rather softly probably), I'd over-react and think that I had been physically hurt. But I never was a bad behaving kid overall.

I don't plan on hitting my kids if I ever have them.

Also in regards to parents being called by first name- I don't plan on ever teaching my kids the word "dad". I'll use my name around them, and hopefully get to them before they get exposed enough to develope "dad".

But I also plan to mess with my kids' heads a lot, if I ever have them. Not teach them lies per se, but I'll make them really weird- I'll expose them to some things but not others (ie. maybe Santa but no leprechauns ever), or make up words for things to teach them when they are little. Seriously, something completely random, like calling carrots "ginches" or something. It'll be really fun.

Yes. Every time my grades weren't as good as they wanted it to be. (Mind you even without serious effort my grades should be high enough to put me in the class' top 5 but nooo I had to be number 1. :rolleyes: )

As for misbehavior? Hah! As if I would dare to misbehave.

Could you be anymore stereotypically Chinese?

Top Bottom