As a child, did your parents spank you?

Were you spanked?

• No. They never touched me.

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Once or twice, when I really pushed it....

Votes: 85 45.0%
  • Often.

Votes: 34 18.0%
  • Spanked? Well I have memories involving a belt....

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • Wait, your parents stopped when you became an adult? WTF?

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • My dad is Joseph Fritzl

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I like watching Downtown spank radioactive monkeys.

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
necro deleted to avoid enhancing the google ranking further

Thanks for your drive-by necro. Did you come up with your canned response here first, or in one of the other six forums in which you posted the exact same thing?

Where the heck do people keep digging these old threads up from?! The Off Topic forum goes back only 6 pages!

Never touched me. Spanking is seriously frowned upon here.

About 3x. I generally think that todays children need much more spanking, however I dont expect that it would be my children. However I have not any experience.

Only a couple of times. I was a quick learner and realized bad behavior had consequences. Worked really well, and will do the same thing with my kids if they act up.

I voted for the belt..
I was "taught a lesson" about minor stuff about once or twice a week (by my dad).
It could be because my school pencils were not sharpened, or that I didn't stop playing in the garden at the time I was told to.. etc..

I was quite a good responsible kid, IMHO.

I never want to have kids, for different reasons, but I had a few conversations with my friends about parenting, and I did come to the conclusion that a spank in the ass can be ok under severe circumstances, like your kid ignoring the cars on the road...

Also, I learnt that kids usually get only one of 2 points from the spanking, not neccecerily the right point :
1. (the right point) Learn a lesson.
2. Feel humiliated/powerless.

Some kids ONLY feel humiliated by it (they can't really strike back, can they? ;) ), making the spanking a bad thing that does not teach them a thing..

So... if you do it for something.. make sure it's important enough, and also make sure the kid understand why he got it.

That's my 2 cents.

Top Bottom