1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

As a muslim, how do you take the anti islam comments posted on this forum?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mopheo, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

This is why I hate necro threads! :mad:

I'm issuing a Jihad on Al Capone!

2. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

All unjustified discrimination offends me.

3. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

The comments used to offend me. Now I pity the poor souls who make them, since they apparently believe the idiotic vitriol they read, and are obviously more gullible than anyone else on the forum. This is especially true when it's the Usual Suspects who make them (you know who you are).

4. Sharwood

Sharwood Rich, doctor nephew

Kevin Spacey, Kevin Pollack, Benicio Del Toro, Stephen Baldwin and Gabriel Byrne.

5. hossam

hossam Deity

if i had the opportunity I would behead those who insult Islam.

6. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

The blasphemy makes my future apostacy much more likely.

7. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

Once upon a time, I cared a lot. Kathyrne or whatever really would get under my skin. I realized that I cannot make people see my view nor would it be my job if I could. If someone dislikes Islam, bully for them I say.

8. North King

North King blech

I can't really respond to the thread topic, not being a Muslim, but I can say that it is frightening to think how quickly an entire group can be ostracized for the actions of a few.

On the topic of necro -- I was amazed that aaminion was back, which is when I looked at the dates.

9. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

That sounds familiar.

10. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

No no, it should read, "If I had the opportunity, I would behead all who say Islam is not the religion of peace!"

11. hossam

hossam Deity

OMG! my pic is on the internet!

12. QuoVadisNation

QuoVadisNation keeping your angel alive

Not Muslim; guys, just try and remember there's a fine line between not liking someone because of their religion and not liking someone because they're different (enough) that it goes against what people expect and thereby causing all the usual sorts of reaction. Always assuming it's anti-Islam and against their religion borders on the possibility of someone overreacting sometimes unless you're willing to examine the alleged discrimination on a case-by-case basis, because the claim wouldn't be asking the actual motivation of the discriminating party. If any comment about cultural differences is offensive to anyone, I don't care. I don't tap-dance around oversensitive religious billies that expect the world to revolve around the culture they happened to be born into (notice how I didn't say religion?).

Try and take my suggestion into consideration and you'll see the number of "anti-Islam" posts to have declined significantly. From my experience few posters here enjoy the idea of actually discriminating against a religion on merit of it being a specific religion, and if they did, it'd 1) probably be against Christianity more often than Islam, and 2) this is an open forum where ideas are freely exchanged without any duty of a high requirement of having to please every individual to their fullest extent. If you disagree with them, simply post an obvious answer and make him feel stupid or just click 'ignore.'

If nothing else, try and remember that this is the internet.

13. Al Capone

Al Capone Warrior

Considering that this thread here is Off-Topic, but my answer gives an answer to the question in this thread, my anyswer is On-Topic in the Off-Topic, but now, this post was even Off-Topic ine the Off-Topic.:lol:

14. DYNAMICS

DYNAMICS Chief Engineer

Look at it like this, in the 1960’s the biggest misunderstood threat to the whole world was communism, the red threat was so big people forgot about religious differences and stood their ground against the threat from the East. Now that we don’t have a have a threat to worry about, the politicians in cahoots with the media invented one for us called Al-Qaida. The big “terror threat from the East”, these terrorists just happen to be Muslims, and hence reinserting the time long conflicted between humans and their political differences.

Simply put the world is missing the good old days of communism, and without a common threat, we simply go back to the default mode.

15. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

I curse you zombie thread go back into the grave! No more brains for you here this is OT!

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Warrior

Tell me honestly and seriously that the Russian Communism, Bolshevism and Stalinism, were no threat to the free world.
    Do so with the terror attacks of 911, that they were by good intent.

17. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

I'm glad christians never killed people for refusing to believe... wait...

18. The Fishman

The Fishman Resident Megalomaniac

They are just annoying, really. I don't really care what the main anti-Muslim posters have to say anymore. At first it was very offensive though.

19. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

That is incorrect.

20. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

@fish

You're lucky to have been desensitized by the net. As a tall pretty white man, you've no idea the bigamy I've witnessed. It's so funny how brownies think some places are not racist.