1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

As an estimate, what percent of your wins are each victory type?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, May 24, 2019.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

I honestly hate micromanaging lots of units, and I always play on huge maps, so I pretty much only go for science or tourism victories. I'd estimate:

Scientific: 45%
    Cultural: 45%
    Religious: 8%
    Domination: 2%

In theory Diplo should be up there with scientific and cultural, but I only tried it twice but both times I got cultural by accident because diplo is so slow. If they patch it, it'll also be one of my preferred types.

Bagfran likes this.
  2. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

My HoF has 26 cultural victories and 1 domination victory.

That should be pretty clear which ones I go for and don't go for.

WillowBrook likes this.
  3. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

I have something like 15 (~60%) Science, 6 culture, 3 Diplo, 1 Religion and 1 Domination. I usually go Science because i like production and mountains, and huge maps (which make culture harder). I don't enjoy domination at all, but i find Diplo quite interesting with high disaster, high science and wonder rush.

4. racha

racha Chieftain

99.9999% science. The others are almost exclusively on account of my compulsion to get all the achievements, though I did accidently a culture victory once.

5. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

Before GS I suppose it was 50% culture, 30% science, 15% domination and 5% religion. In GS it's 90% culture, 10% religion. I tried going for a diplomatic win several times but it's just too much of a slog, and the new science victory is too grindy for my taste.

qadams likes this.
  6. qadams

qadams Bohemian

I would like to pursue the other victories, but for me it's nearly always tourism that wins even when I'm trying for something else. Seems to me they're pretty badly unbalanced, or maybe that's just a matter of how I play. Anyway...

Cultural: 97%
    Religious: 1%
    Domination: 1%
    Scientific: 1%
    Diplomatic 0%
    Score 0%

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Of what are defined at VC roughly
    Culture 70%
    Dom 20%
    Science 8%
    Religious 2%
    Diplomatic 0%
    Score 0%
    But TBH more than half my games are bespoke.... like suzerain of 10 CS or a battleship in every lake.
    Or I gave up bored and wanted to start another game.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. Foulweather

Foulweather Chieftain

With only 29 games completed, it wasn’t hard for me to count them up.

Culture 34%
    Religion 21%
    Science 21%
    Domination 14%
    Diplomacy 7%
    Score 3%

My default is Culture, but I’m purposely trying a little variety as I work my way through the civs I haven’t played yet. I just enjoy how many strategies there are for culture: Relic farming, National Park spam, seaside and ski resorts, Great Works, wonders... I wish all VCs had so many different ways to play.

I always like founding and choosing a religion and its bonuses (especially with the Historical Religions and Religion Expanded mods), but then inevitably spreading my religion with Apostle armies is just tedious. Wish there was a more turtle way to win Religion.

9. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

I'd roughly say:

60% culture
    30% science
    6% domination
    2% religious
    2% diplomatic

Surprising how many people go culture heavy. I find domination annoying on any map above tiny/small. I'm torn as to whether I find religion or diplomacy more boring... Diplomacy is slow as hell but Religion victory is the surest way to develop repetitive strain injury from the inane micromanagement...

10. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I have a number in progress, but here are the one's I've actually beaten:
    9 Culture Victory (Nubia, Spain, Inca, England - Eleanor, Sweden, Greece - Gorgo, Russia, America, France - Catherine) 39%
    8 Science Victory (Australia, Mongolia, Scotland, Korea, Netherlands, Sumeria, Germany, China) 35%
    3 Religion Victory (Khmer, Cree, Egypt) 13%
    2 Diplomatic Victory (Phoenicia, Hungary) 9%
    1 Domination Victory (Macedon) 4%

This actually lines up pretty well with how I play. I'm not a fan of Domination, I just did it as Macedon because I felt obligated to. I did TRY as Mongolia, but I actually ended up next to some good turtle civs, so I ended up going Science.

Science and Culture are the victories I do like the most, but a number of them are ones that I ended up doing as a backup victory. The Spain and Russia games were supposed to be religious victories, but I couldn't attain a RV in either of those games because of some lodged in opponents on other continents, so Culture ended up being my alternatives there. Sweden was supposed to be a Diplo Victory, but I kept getting blocked and Culture was the only way I could win in a race against Kongo's spaceship (and it was CLOSE).

Again, Mongolia was my second attempt at dom, but ended in Science. I was actually aiming for culture as China, but ended up going science in the end because that game ended up being a bit of a race, and it was the one I could count on being faster, though not as close as the Sweden one.

The religion ones are interesting, because of the 3 the only one I actually won where I was honestly trying to win a religion victory was Khmer. Both my Cree and Egypt games I ended up getting good golden age bonuses, started near beautiful mountain chains, and kind of worked my way to a strong religion. Unconventional, particularly for Cree, but both ended up being fun games.

Diplo Victory is frustrating, to say the least, even though I enjoy trying to go for it. It does feel like you have to earn it because it's so hard to pull off. As Hungary, I was close to both Culture and Science, and I actually thought I was going to win science in the end, so it was a shock when I won Diplomacy, even though that's what I was going for in the beginning. Phoenicia ended up just kind of going that way because I wanted to see how it worked, and I managed to set it up kind of well.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  11. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

I don't remember the breakdown of my victories as most of them came before the HOF showed up. I just wanted to throw in that I'm shocked that culture is the preferred method for so many people on this site. That must be a higher level player coincidence as I would have assumed most people win by domination. Or are a good amount of those culture victories where you conquered 3/4 of the world and only had 2 weak civs to 'out-tourist'? Even though that goes in the books as a Culture vic I would consider it a domination win in all but name. Food for thought I guess.

12. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Mine are because I play that way. I prefer the building aspect of civ, so I end up going for wonders and great works, building national parks and resorts. Most of my wars are defensive or because of an ally being attacked. But that's me personally. I've seen plenty of anecdotal evidence on the site that there are a lot of Culture victories that are accidental because of just dominating militarily, or trying to do something else entirely.

13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

My gameplay alternative goal is to try synchronizing as many Victory types as possible in one single game & within a few probable turns.

Sooooo - i basicly can pickup (most often than not) either Science or Culture or Domination or Diplomatic by looping through the necessary tasks.
    I have one such Saved/Game file in the "Achievements Thread" as Dido (( https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...files-for-civ-vi.603705/page-19#post-15396306 ))

In terms of regular pacing games (somewhat rare in my case).. i found a clear but usual pattern;
    Science = 70% (Just plain Fun as a purposely racing tracker with at least one AI!)
    Culture = 25% (mainly, accidental "Values" that can go both ways unless consciously escapable)
    Random = 5%

Anything else is either much too "grindy" or outright 'boring" since the recipe is pre-mastered.

14. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

just for GS, i reckon my percentage might look like this:
    55% culture
    25% science
    10% domination
    5% religious
    5% diplomatic

15. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Basically just domination, which should therefore read as "everything except religion at the same time" since anything other than religion would be trivially attained by camping out the last capital w/o taking it. Maybe a few extra to prevent just flipping the AI out of existence with loyalty.

But since waiting around like that is boring I don't actually do it.

16. Basajaun

Basajaun Chieftain

Counting not only finished games, but unfinished ones, (the kind of those you know you will eventually win, but its a waiting game)... Id say;

50% culture
    45% science
    5% domination

But a better way to read my games would be: I always pursue science, but sometimes I get a really annoying or aggresive neighbor, and then half the world is angry and then and then, only 2 civs remaining and we are still in renaissance. So I finish them off, or start a new game (usually the later). Plus, I build all the wonders I can get/use from the tech tree. I rarely build the culture tree ones, until mid-late game when I have speedy civics progress.

Oh, I fill every eligible tile in my territory with woods. I guess it can have a significant impact with tourism

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  17. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

I cant remember, but I am usually a peaceful player:
    CV 50%
    RV 15%
    SV 15%
    DV 15%
    No GS, no diplomatics. Rest% is statistical mistake.

Really, Science is so lengthy, Domination very one-sided and having many cities is tiresome, Religion is kinda ok, but there is always one deep-rooted religion. Culture is the simplest.

18. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

I guess I'm Bill Nye...

SV 44%
    CV 20%
    DomV 20%
    RV 15%
    DV 1%

The RV numbers a skewed a little, because i'm trying to get a win with all civs, and play to their strengths... In reality, i wouldn't want to play more than 1 rel game in 20...

19. racha

racha Chieftain

How do peole get non-science victories so often? On prince and king levels, I find that I either stay ahead on science or get brutally stomped on by an NPC civ. I also build all the wonders so it's not like my tourism is suffering. In the vast majority of my games I'm in first or second place for a culture win, it's just that I'm still waiting for it to happen while I'm spamming laser sats to speed up the exoplanet mission.

20. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Stop getting campuses.
    You have to push it, it is not something that just happens unless playing a Dom game.
    You get theatres as early as you can and push to printing to double tourism. Then you grab other tourism as soon as you can.

CPWimmer likes this.