1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

As of now, which is your favorite Civ to play as, and your least favorite?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Rz247, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Rz247

Rz247 Chieftain

With the new DLC and those in the vanilla, which is the Civ that's your favorite/main and find yourself using a lot? I'm still going to go with Greece (Pericles and Gorgo). I don't know why but I just never get tired of playing as Greece, plus their theme is awsome. Least favorite is India, I don't know why but I just can't play as India, it's the only civ I haven't won as

2. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I am currently in love with Nubia, but that's probably because it comes close to my desert builder playstyle that carried over from Civ5. However, I enjoy playing as Egypt and Russia. I generally don't play warmongers, but to be honest, there are enoug cultural and religious buffs for civs like the Aztecs and Germany that I can still appreciate them. No disappointments yet.

Rz247 likes this.
  3. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs King

Favorites: Germany and Australia for the production! Also Aztecs for pseudo-production of districts via captured slaves.

Least favorites: France because the spy and Intel game to me is not that interesting and the rest of the bonuses are meh. Also Macedon and Scythia because just stomping the AI early game via war isn't much fun and that's basically the whole role of those two Civs

KumaChan and Rz247 like this.
  4. TomeTraveler

TomeTraveler Chieftain

I've just started playing again after laying off for several months. I strongly dislike playing India (and that goes back to Civ V, even), though there are several other civs I also tend not to restart on when doing a random--Arabia, Brazil, Norway, Spain. I haven't tried Norway since the patch, though. For positives, while I much enjoy Rome, Sumeria, Greece, and Nubia, my overall favorite would have to be England. Philosophically, I'm a believer in a strong navy and of course the British rather exemplify that RP-wise. I love the Royal Navy Dockyard and also the free units given when settling/capturing foreign-continent cities.

Rz247 likes this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

England or Persia are probably my favorite. And Macedon, Aztecs, and Scythia are probably my least favorite.

acluewithout, RohirrimElf and Rz247 like this.
  6. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

I have yet to download any of the D/C. What a rip off. The AI can't attack!!!!! arggg please fix this Firaxis!!!! gawddd daamnn

7. KayAU

KayAU King

Since I play on Epic speed (some games on Marathon), and generally go for the peaceful victory types, I have not had time to play all the civs yet. But the ones that stood out as most fun so far have been Kongo, Nubia and China. Obviously, having played only one game with each, this is an early impression. It would have been easier to say which civ I liked most in Civ 5 (it was the Shoshone).

As for the less fun: Aztec, France, and maybe India.

The ones I have not played are Macedon, America, Scythia, Spain and Persia. Of these, I suspect I will like Persia the most.

KumaChan and Rz247 like this.
  8. w3rallmachines

w3rallmachines Chieftain

Should've bought the deluxe edition.

KumaChan likes this.
  9. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

All Things in Moderation (Historical Agenda) - This player respects civilizations that are balanced and versatile with options for war or peace such as Rome, England or the Aztec and dislikes civilizations that are almost entirely focused on one victory such as Macedon, Sumeria or Scythia.

10. stinkubus

stinkubus Emperor

Rome is my favorite. They are very strong, but not OP, and their bonuses work well for all victories. Baths got even better after the patch as their cost was reduced and unlike Mbazas they give an amenity which helps support the extra pop. If you stick to the right hand side of the promotion tree and complement them with crossbows then legions will be relevant up until the turn you unlock gunpowder. Free monuments are super strong in the early game as you race through the early civics and get faster border growth to boot, so not only do you get a culture boost (you will finish COL on T6 and Craftsmanship or Early Empire no later than T18) but you get to save cogs (no need to build monuments) and gold (fewer tile purchases needed) too. All Roads Lead To Rome is great for early invasions (forward settle them and send your troops down the road which is created) and with a little planning can net you tons of gold that no other civ in the game can get.

I'm not good enough to play with the handicap of a poor civ like France or Spain, but I don't enjoy OP civs, like Scythia or any of the DLC civs, as they make the game too easy. Least favorite was Scythia. 2 for 1 on all light cav is too much (should only apply to the UU) as the game is basically over the turn you either improve a second horse tile or build an encampment.

Rz247 likes this.
  11. gfeier

gfeier King

I like Rome and Persia the most and Kongo and India the least, but the gap is not really that great.

12. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Haven't been playing much so I have to give Nubia a spin.
    I've won more games with Arabia, England and Persia so I'll go with those 3.

13. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Emperor

Favorite Civ: Kongo, Egypt
    Since these 2 are the worst Civs in game, that brings a little higher difficulty (although still little)
    Least: Aztec, Sumeria
    The reason is just the same, these 2 are the most powerful Civs so they bring down the original very little difficulty.

14. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

I love to play Germany the most. And I will never play India

KumaChan likes this.
  15. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

I'd have to say Russia. I like their civ ability. Germany and Japan come next.

Scythia, I'm not a big fan of. I've tried playing as India but haven't settled in with them yet.

16. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Australia - Because there is nothing as satisfying as stealing an English
    settler and hauling it back to Adelaide.

China - Easy civ to try at new levels; lots of wonders are a bonus.

Japan - For the challenge, the tough military, and Hello! I've been married to
    someone named Kitty for about 35 years.

KumaChan likes this.
  17. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

From the ones I played

most: germany & china
    least: america

18. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I still enjoy playing Rome and Norway. I haven't played Norway since the patch last week, they might be a bit stronger now.

Not too keen on Kongo or Spain.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  19. conorbebe

conorbebe Prince

Australia is probably my favourite. I really love their design overall.

Not sure about my least favourite. Maybe France as I'm not so inclined to build Spies. Or maybe even Nubia just because of how they kinda force you to swarm Pitati Archers and so far, I've found the Nubian Pyramids Improvement to be a pain to use effectively.

20. Pythakoreas

Pythakoreas Chef Tain

:c5happy:
    I must be in the minority to have enjoyed India, the stepwell bonuses and faith bonuses for peace are awesome. When everybody founds their religion enjoy +25 Faith for a few turns until war breaks out. The unique unit and beliefs from every single religion are rather situational and that's probably what bores people.

France is... very situational. The rumors from your "lady-in-waiting" spamming your screen are annoying, but if you bother to read it some contains critical information like other civs building Wonders that you want. Wonder bonuses, although situational, do definitely help. The Chateau improvement requires rivers (situational) but helps you get Culture, Tourism and Appeal for Neighborhoods and Seaside Resorts. And finally Spy bonuses... again situational. Once you are in a good situation to take advantage of these you'll have a lot of fun.

Germany and Greece are top-tier. (BONUS CARD SLOTS!!!!) I love Great People so Brazil is my favorite as well.

:c5unhappy:

Japan has great bonuses but ever since the Electronic Factory nerf they're not worth it besides the district discount. You can get Musketman instead of putting Science into a dead-end tech for Samurai. Coastal fight and Adjacency bonuses are the most situational bonuses in the entire game. Probably going to be my last leader-related Achievement.

Spain's Improvement and Navy bonuses are very weak. Their actual bonuses require you to go warmongering so it comes with a minus.