Ascension Victory

Mischief61

Chieftain
I'm new to the game (LOVE IT BTW) and I'm working toward an Ascension Victory.

I have starbases built on all the crystals. It says in the manual, "Once enough energy is gathered, the empire will achieve victory by advancing to the next phase of existence."

Do I just wait for this to happen, or do I need to do anything else - like build more starbases to boost the energy gathering? :confused:

Well, eventually you'll win, but it'll take longer, and someone might win first.

Alternatively, turn Ascension off. That's what I do, its kind of dumb.

Yes, build more starbases on ascension resources to boost the energy gathering. (Edit: Ok, I guess if you have ALL the crystals you can disregard that :), plus yeah, you're probably used to the game by this point)

Based on what I'm seeing from Drengins (since I didn't get any of these crystals myself), each crystal you mine gives you another point per turn (1000 needed to win), so find more of them and mine them. I am unsure if there is a starbase module that would get you more from a given source; you should check out for that too.

Bit of a stab in the dark (I'm new to the game), but I would stock up on diplomatic techs so no one tries to take your starbases, and possibly influence techs (cultural domination, etc) so you can make those starbases part of your territory (if not already) using influence starbases.

This victory type is terribly boring, and can make the game to be over even when there is lots of more fun and challenge to be had. I always turn this victory off.

Top Bottom