ASFeudNES

No word from Charles of Paris and his illustrious family?

His family tree is posted on the template.

To: Etienne de Orleans

My family is fine. I am able to marry, should I find a suitable young lady of valuable status with nice firm.... Well... Ehem... Perhaps you could help me out in the acquisition of such a fair maiden?

@Immaculate- Marseilles as a part of France isn't a fact of the medieval period.

So... i guess i am not sure where Marseilles stands. its an independent city state? French speaking?

OOC: Immaculate, I'd say that as of this period in general Marseilles would probably be counted as neutral or with HRE. As for French, well, you know, they didn't exactly speak French in Provence until much later. :p (Hint: Langue d'oc, AKA straight up Provencal)

IC:

Hugues II, de Toulouse Orders:

Spoiler :
Pay 1 GB on Upkeep.

Pay 2 GB to buy a Wheat Farm.

Let the knights go back to their castles/the court for now.

Send 76 soldiers to claim the area between Clermont and Aragon. Ideally we'll just impose order, protect the roads and rout the bandits/intimidate the minor local nobility into behaving. Do not be afraid to fight non-Aragon non-Clermont forces to achieve our aim, though; we must reach the Mediterranean Sea and bring the local Christians protection from Muslim pirates.

Orders for Marseilles,
Spoiler :

• Send our soldiers under René's eldest son, Achille, as well as his eldest son, Pierre le Gris, west towards Montpelier and Béziers. Their orders are to try to take command of these lands and have local village leadership visit the Marseilles capital and swear allegiance to René's noblesse.

They are to offer protection to those who need it in exchange for their loyalty.

Those who are stronger and wish to stand alone, we will make trouble for by pushing them around in the finest of Dark Age traditions and imposing 'taxes' upon them. Try to divide populations who oppose us and support factions that support us against factions that are against us. Those who support us we will provide knightly tittles to and fiefdoms within their ancestral lands.

Do not attack the forces of Hugh Of Toulouse since we will be operating in the same area but make sure we can claim a wide stretch of the coast without preventing them their access to the Med. sea.

Net effect is meant to increase our territories and to increase our number of knights. Note that this is a continuation of last season's efforts which did not yet bear fruit (see last orders)
  • Not sure if upkeep will bankrupt us, if not:

Spend 1 GB on importing fine horses from throughout the Mediterranean and setting up horse breeding facilities so that Marseilles can become a center of horse-trading. We will try to continue funding this project next season, funds allowing. (horse-breeder's guild should produce income in the fall when foals are weaned and sold?)

Simple orders for next update:
Buy all the land that we can with all banked gold (except for military salaries) to the South and North along the Rhine...

To: Etienne de Orleans

My family is fine. I am able to marry, should I find a suitable young lady of valuable status with nice firm.... Well... Ehem... Perhaps you could help me out in the acquisition of such a fair maiden?

We would highly recommend our comely daughter Helene now turned 15; she's ready and willing to produce fine heirs and manage your household affairs in the grand manner befitting your stature.

Spoiler :

Treasury:2GB
Economy:1/2
Stability:1
Knights:49
Soldiers:50(Upkeep:1)
Soldier Quality:3
Ships:0(Upkeep:0)
Naval Quality:0
Special:Lvl1Vineyard, Lvl1Roads(1/2)

Spend 1 GB on roads and send our knights to Tours to reinforce our previous offer of protection and benevolent leadership.

King Volker of Brandenburg/The Lizard King(Teal)
Treasury:1GB
Economy:1/1
Stability:0
Knights:35
Soldiers:40(Upkeep:1)
Soldier Quality:4
Special:Lvl1Roads
Vassals: Rommel of Sczcecin

Spoiler for Family Tree:
Volker- 38 Years Old
Katja- 27 years old
Else- 1 years old
Volker II- 1 years old

Spoiler :

Spend 1GB on 50 moar troops, and send them up norf.

Maintain the siege until they get thurr. Find any stream or such thing they may use to gain water supplies, and tamper with it. Throw dead animals in it, and use it as a toilet essentially, to spread disease, and of course, to prevent them from using the water. Constantly fire projectiles over the wall from the catapults I assume I have. At the very least, have archers fire. I want to kill as many of them as possible. Anddd I want to demoralize them.

Amon, you n00b! I haven't seen you on AIM all day. I can't acks you an important question! :(

Seeing that I don't know the actual size of the army in the fortress, I'm just going to wait it out. Be on the lookout for sally's, or counter attacks from local Dane forces.

Jacques Matthieu, of Amiens (Picardy)/Germanicus12 (Redish orange)
Treasury:1GB
Economy:2/2
Stability:2
Knights:50
Soldiers:50(Upkeep:1)
Soldier Quality:2
Special:Lvl1Wheat Field, Lvl1Dockyards
Vassals:

Orders:
Spoiler :
Bank Gold.

Attempt to persuade local fortresses or towns to join our realm. We promise protection, justice, equality*, and wealth from trade with England.

*Equality meaning that all complaints are heard and acted upon if possible. Lords and Peasants are still classes apart, but are treated fairly in the justice system.

I am leaving for a trip across the mountains and on a normal day should be back by the end of the day tomorrow, but due to terrible weather predicted, I may be delayed and may not arrive until the following day. I realize this NES doesn't move rapidly, but if there is an update before I get back just bank all of my EP. Thanks.

Simple orders for next update:
Buy all the land that we can with all banked and income gold (except for military salaries) to the South and North along the Rhine...

Income may not be spent 'till it is in the treasury. It says so in the rules.

Update's going to have to be tomorrow. Parties are being thrown in my honor tonight.

I can smell the grand feast. Is this when you quench your thirst with the tears of your enemies children?

Am I still alive?

My bad everyone. Figured I had more time than I have got, so that I could pull this off. No doubt, this NES, continued, would be among one of the best, imo... But I cannot continue it. I will in stead go back to the drawing board and come open a NES that will be updated probably on a weekly basis. Any requests? This NES, updated on a weekly basis, would be too slow paced to have any fun with, unfortunately.

Grrrr... so many NESes i am in are crashing around me...

i like the idea and setting though- add more variety to the unit types?

May the updates 5 years, or something, and update once a week.

I agree, Milarqui. If you have the time, you have my permission to update it as your own.

Top Bottom