1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ASFeudNES

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Amon Savag, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

It would be helpful to know what season we are writing orders for: winter/spring or summer/fall. If I recall correctly summer fall would be campaigning and winter spring for staying home and planting crops.

2. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

OOC: Technically, according to my church, christ is in all of us. Therefore, all births is the Xtinth coming of christ. ;)

3. das

das Regeneration In Process

Seriously, yes, just keep fighting as the situation demands and do our best economy-wise to keep as much of our army in the field as possible.

Actually, this is where some more large-scale raids into enemy territory may come in handy. Between plunder and our holy cause, knights should be easier to keep around.

4. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

The second season will be winter. Will update in like a hundred minutes or something.

EDIT-Update started...

5. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Update 2 Fall 1000 and Winter 1001

France

de Normandy has established his rule over a sliver of land alotted to him by the King of England. In the winter, he tries to come up with the money to invest in his wheat farm but finds he does not have sufficient cash.

Jacques Matthiew de Amiens has made a policy of being personable to his subjects, taking on more of a paternal roll to his subjects. (+1 Stability)

de Montourne sends envoys to trade, but when the mettle meets the meat, there is nothing that the duchy of Brittany has to offer for trade as of yet.

de Dijon rallies his knights and sets forth on a major campaign to bring his neighbors to heel.

de Orleans spends money to increase the quality of their soldier's equipment, and finish their vineyard.

Bishop Guy de Clermont gains the support of many local lords in the face of Louis le Vengeur's reckless abandon. They stand ready to oppose further advances from Louis de Dijon to the southwest.

Holy Roman Empire

King Volker of Brandenburg sends Lord Rommel across the Oder and starts a campaign against a saxon pagan tribe. He wins a stunning success against the Pagans and now expects a lordship to be made out of the conquered lands. Only a small portion of the wealth that was taken from these barbarians were added to Volker's treasury. News of this victory has indeed induced some of the local lords around Brandenburg to seek the king's protection.

When winter hits, and de Brabant's troops expect payment, they are short. The Duke gave the troops what he could, but suffered desertions (-20 troops)

The doge of Venice cannot foot the bill for his ships' maintenance, so the crews decide to leave the Doge's salary and start a business for themselves.

An army of over 800 crazy ass danes under the leadership of Thorgrim the Insane invade into Schleswig-Holstein and lay siege to their castle, Kiel, after routing their army in the field. After the field battle, the Danish force is said to number about 650. They have made a couple of attempts at storming the castle, and almost succeeded in one instance. The plight of Duke Einhauven seems extremely dire.

Spanish Marches

The Moors attack! King Phillip of Aragon amasses his forces and attempts to repel the invaders a the borders and is routed, giving the Moors significant loss. King Phillip, determined not to allow the enemy to take Tarragona, allows himself to be invested inside the castle, hoping help would be coming from the christians across the Pyrennes. His gamble pays off.

Hugues de Toulouse, and his newly acquired vassal, Humphrey de Auvergne, are the first on the scene. They make maneuvers, skirmishing victoriously against moorish foraging parties. As more knights came from France from different lordships, they rallied behind de Toulouse. After a month of investment, the siege had to be lifted in the face of mounting christian numbers, and Ibn Zaragoza left for home.

King Phillip was happy to see the moors gone and was happy to call it a done campaign, but de Toulouse would have none of it. The French knighthood, now bolstered by german soldiers (namely those sent from the Habsburgs under a lord "Guillaume of Tyrol") set out to sting the retreating muslim forces. Under cover of night they rode into an unsuspecting muslim camp and drove them from it, causing serious injury and taking many captives, including Ibn Zaragoza himself.

NPC diplomacy

To: Louis de Dijon

Your blatant agression against the feudal rights of the local lords around your duchy is alarming. If you do not desist, I must stand up for their feudal rights and put to the field against you.

To: My Liege, King Volker of Brandenburg, all titles due

I have dispatched many pagans and carved out a sizeable domain from them across the river. I have done this in your name, and would feel as if my services weren't appreciated unless I were given a sizeable domain to rule as a duke under your Majesty.

To: de Normandy

If you would like, we can organize and perform the usory that it seems you require, so that none of your christians may be burdened with this "sin", as you would put it. We would be doing this service for you at a cost of interest and, of course, protection.

To: Honorable Duke Hugues de Toulouse, who valiantly stands against the infidel

Your fight in Spain is honorable, and all of christendom is indebted to you for your service to Our Lord and your fellow Christians. Unfortunately, however, there are Christians who would wage war against their brothers. I would seek an alliance with the house of Toulouse, so that we can stop this agression before it overwhelms us.

To: Duke Hugues de Toulouse the Merciful

I have taken reigns of the government of Zaragoza while my master is in captivity. I wish to negotiate his return, so that this principality is not taken by the other envious moorish lords. If a speedy recovery is not made, you may be facing a more unified muslim force in the south. Please be lenient on your terms, so that they may be met in a timely fashion.

To: Duke Einhauven of Schleswig-Holstein

I'll leave you for the next castle for 2 GB. Take it, or you will be slaughtered to the last.

Attached Files:

6. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

What happened to the wedding between Jean and Montourne's daughter?

7. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

More NPC diplomacy

To: Duke Hugues de Toulouse

I appreciate the help you have given, in the fight against the Muslim forces arrayed before us. I will do what I can to support you, should you ever make a serious bid to become the King of France.

Congratulations on your victory over the infidel. I understand it was not easy, but the armies of Christendom cannot fail against the atrocious fiends that deny our lord Jesus Christ.

Don't negotiate with them towelheads. Kill the prisoners. Every last one of them!

To: de Montourne

We are indeed in love with the idea of getting rich... You must, however, have something to offer so that we may profit.

To:de Normandy

I will expect rent of 1GB to be delivered in the winter. Any attempt to use this fief as a staging point against my earls will result in expulsion.

To: Volker of Brandenburg

I hope to see you rally those you can to the defense of your neighbors, and lift the siege of Kiel.

To: King Volker of Brandenburg

I would like to first off congratulate you in the victories scored in your name by Lord Rommel against the Infidel. He is a very virtuous lord, who deserves lands of his own. If you are preparing to lift the siege of Kiel, count me and my knights in.

You have been seeking a valuable trade commodity to offer the english. If you can foot the bill, we should be able to establish a guild for the production of glass products such as lamps, bowls, etc... This would indeed give traders from the world over to come to Montourne for commerce.

8. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

The Marriage was scheduled for Spring?

9. Gelion

Gelion Captain

To: Lords in the South of Habsburg (NPC)

I wish to purchase your lands for 1G.

To: Hugues de Toulouse

It was a jolly good fight we had with the Moors in the South. Should you require our aid, we are always in favour of a little trip to the South. Quid of the Muslim Lord, what is to be his fate?

10. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

To: Schleswig-Holstein
    From: From: The Glorious, Holy and Just, King of Brandenburg, Magistrate of the life-giving Oder River, Savior of the whole of Christendom, the ruler of the cradle of Civilization as we know it, a shining light in another wise dark reality, lord Imperator, King Volker the benevolent, killer of Pagans, Lover, the Pius, the architect, and the Cultured, and smiter of those of the lesser blasphemous race of Barbaric "Wieners", lord of the Germans, Mathematician, lover of imported Brabant drink, the Lion-hearted, the modest and the wise, master of his domain, conqueror of Western Pole-land

Our troops are being dispatched immediately to help you fight off these barbarians.

(more diplomacy later)

11. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

The people of Lorraine find the pierced leg bone of St Stephen the Martyr after a gravedigger revealed a letter giving the whereabouts of the bone. Bishop Reginald X has the bones carefully dusted off and proceeds to petition the pope for permission to build a cathedral:

To His Holiness the Pope
    From Reginald X of Lorraine

Your holiness, we have discovered the leg of Saint Stephen, it even bears the mark of crucifixion! We wish to enshrine this holy relic in a new cathedral, I am writing for your blessing in this holy undertaking. We await your letter of authenticity to our claim before we begin construction.

12. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

To: King Ragnar of England

You won't have to fear any attack from my lands into yours. We are honourable people, and we will uphold our side of the treaty.

To: Jewish community in Normandie

Your help in this matter in exchange of my protection would be welcome.

To: Hughes de Toulouse

We congratulate you on your victory over the infidels that attacked our Christian brothers to the south.

To: All French nobles

The sooner we decide who is to become our King, the better for all of us, for we will able to uphold an united front against any enemy we may have to face.

13. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Which dot am I on the map?

14. Gelion

Gelion Captain

The Light Green one next to Switzerland.

15. Haseri

Haseri Emperor

To: The Glass Blowers

How much do you need?

16. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

You know, I miss your other NES, the one where I was Croatia...

17. das

das Regeneration In Process

To: Bishop Guy de Clermont

Your words speak to your wisdom, for this campaign, in which we have prevailed with the Lord's help, might not have come together at all had troubles started in France, as had seemed possible for a short time. If it should happen in the future, know that you can always turn to me for assistance in the matter, for I should let nothing occur that could disrupt the unity of Christendom while heathen knaves wait just over the river, biding their time before they can strike again and endanger what we have.

To: King Philip of Aragon

I am humbled by your gratitude, and I grieve that I cannot hope to repay that favour in full. I shall have to settle for the second best thing, then, and pledge to help you protect your throne against those who would take it from you and yours; and accordingly, I shall turn over to you the Moor who led the invasion of your realm, for I believe his fate should rightly be in your hands.

18. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Orders for this turn:
    Spoiler :
    Expand towards the south and attempt to gain the loyalty of the castle between Normandie and Poitiers.
    Trade with England through the small town we have gained in southern England. Our cider will be one of the best products we can offer to the English people.
    Settle a few towns in the islands of Jersey and Guernsey, to the west of Normandie.

19. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Aww... It misses you, too!

To: Hugues de Toulouse

Much gratitude for allowing me the opportunity to ransom your prize to ensure the safety of my Kingdom.

We would require 2 GB.

To:de Normandy

We must enstate a fee of 1 GB per transaction that we carry out. We have called on our relatives in other lordships and rallied together the sum of 3GB that we can loan to you.

To: Bishop Reginald X of Loraine

We agree that this is an authentic relic. You may begin construction of a cathedral that will amplify the glory of this relic.

20. Haseri

Haseri Emperor

To Glassblowers

Granted

Orders:
    Spoiler :
    2 GB to establish the glassblowers' guild.