1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ASFeudNES

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Amon Savag, Nov 14, 2010.

1. D'Artagnan59

D'Artagnan59 The Gascon

Ernst IV of Bavaria/Dartanguan(Light Pink)
    Treasury:2GB
    Economy:1/2
    Stability:1
    Knights:50
    Soldiers:50(Upkeep:1)
    Soldier Quality:2
    Ships:0(Upkeep:0)
    Naval Quality:0
    Special:lvl1 Wheat Farm
    Vassals:

2 EP on serfs' homes that can be rented by either their small sum of money or food itself.

Have 50 Soldiers attack the westward tribes and integrate them into the duchy. Expand to the Rheinland and Hannover areas.

Also, Ernst decides he wants to change his duchy's name to Hesse.

2. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

@Dart- There are no westward tribes. You'll be attacking independent christian lordships.

3. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Orders for tonight:
    Buy lands South of Habsburg for 1GP
    Keep the soldiers in Spain for one more season at least.
    Bank.

4. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Spend 2 GP on soldiers.

Send the majority of troops and knights against the barbarian onslaught but leave some in the castle to defend against possible attacks.

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Etienne Chambord, Duke of Orleans
    Treasury:1GB
    Economy: 1/2
    Stability: 1
    Knights: 49
    Soldiers: 50 (Upkeep:1)
    Soldier Quality: 3
    Ships:0 (Upkeep: 0)
    Naval Quality: 0
    Special: Lvl1Vineyard

His Lordship offers the benevolence of his leadership and the might of his protection to the manor Lords and people of Tours for demonstration of their fealty.

The Duke appoints Auguste Verner as Fairmaster of France. His job is to expand the Orleans Trade Fair to four times a year and open similar fairs in Reims, Lyon and Arras. Textiles, leather, fur, and spices will be the focus of the fairs, in addition, to local goods like Loire Valley wine. The fairs will connect Orleans to the rich trade of the Low Countries, Northern Italy and especially Genoa. M. Verner will use his position as Fairmaster to showcase the Orleans Fair and increase its size and influence. 1 GB is spent on this endeavor. If required, more will be spent in later seasons.

The Duke also endorses the Lex mercatoria, or Merchant Law, both in Orleans and all Fairs associated with Orleans so that merchants can self regulate their business.

Furthermore, the Duke politely inquires into the health and well being of Charles of Paris, his delightful wife and many children whose names he does not remember.

Spoiler :

Lex mercatoria is the Latin expression for a body of trading principles used by merchants throughout Europe in the medieval. Meaning literally "merchant law", it evolved as a system of custom and best practice, which was enforced through a system of merchant courts along the main trade routes. It functioned as the international law of commerce. It emphasised contractual freedom, alienability of property, while shunning legal technicalities and deciding cases ex aequo et bono.

A distinct feature was the reliance by merchants on a legal system developed and administered by them. States or local authorities seldom interfered, and surrendered some of the control over trade within their territory to the merchants. In return, trade flourished under the lex mercatoria, increasing tax revenues.

6. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

ORDERS
    Spoiler :

-Send an invasion army up north to help out friends, as the pope requested. A Praguan force is expected to come and aid us. My army is to move north several days ahead, to add any and all support from local tribes fearful of the Danish advance to my military. Eventually, we are to wait for our Praguan friends, and attack the Danes. The Pragues are to march in with our support following closely behind. However, or force accidentally gets lost in the woods outside of the fortress I'm assuming we're attacking. My army is to attack first, with the Pragues playing a secondary roll. They should be in more of a support position, adding strength to wherever my line, or army may be wavering. Volker is to attend the fight personally. All of my citizens are encouraged to help the effort, and take up arms, for if we should fail, the whole of Northern Germany lies in the grasp of the barbaric Dane.

-Any and all gold that can be taken from the Danes is to be. Should any particularly valuable treasure come into my possession, it is to be transfered to the pope.

-Request a blessing of my army from His Holiness.

-Local fiefdoms that pledge loyalty to my crown are to be rewarded by lands conquered by my military. Peasants taken from hostile fiefdoms controlled by the Danes are to be given to those that pledge loyalty.

-Trade up and down the Oder should be encouraged. My new road system and such should really encourage trade and such. Srsly. Farmed goods, and crafts made by my fine artisans should reach down river, and encourage more trade. Since a majority of roads haven't been kept in Europe since the Romans, and obviously not in German, my state of the art roads should be attractive to many traders.

-Rommel is to be rewarded for his hard work. All lands east of the Oder are to be given to him. Military aid from his new Duchy, of East Brandenburg should be added to my Danish expeditionary forces immediately.

-A jousting tournament is to be held in Berlinerburg, my capital. The poor is to be given meagre free rations as an added benefit. It's to drum up fervor for my campaigns against the Danish.

7. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Can i join as Marseille?

René de Marseille
    Economy:1/1
    Special:
    Vassals:

Heraldry and Symbolism:

The family and the city are represented by the Lion and the Bull as well as the Winged Scepter and the Trident. It colors are white and blue and gold. Its motto is, "Actibus immensis urbs fulget" (Resplendent through heroic deeds).

Family tree:

• René de Marseille (63)--- Siena (italian nobility) (54)
      • Achille (37)--- Élodie (french nobility- anyone want to include her in your family-tree?) (34)
        • Pierre le Gris (17)
        • Julienne (15)
        • Clémence (15)
        • Rémi (12)
        • Pénélope (7)
      • Prior Claustralis Noël of Marseille (36)
      • Sophie l'ange de l'étoile sud (32) (married into Italian nobility- resides in Southern Italy)
      • Valérie (31) (married into Italian nobility- resides in Genoa)
      • Tristan (29)--- Françoise of Paris (i hope its cool that i made up some link to this family) (26)
        • Yves (10)
        • Serge (10)
        • Isabelle (8)
        • Inès (7)
      • Stéphane (26) ---Océane (16)
        • Josette (1)
    • Jérôme (59)
      • an entire family of his own
    • Dominique (56) (married into French nobility- one of you want to work her into your family tree?)
    • Bernard (54) (never married- dedicated to militant monastic order), rumored to have sired several score bastard children in the finest of french traditions

Orders:
    Spoiler :
    There are ancient empires, distant nations, pirates throughout the Mediterrean... we would do well to capitalize on this. René orders the construction of a series of deep-water ports and horse and donkey-powered cranes for the loading and unloading of merchant vessels. (build dockyards)

Send our soldiers to nearby villages and fiefdoms offering them our protection in return for their loyalty- grow our vassal support (new fiefdoms, knights)- don't try to muscle out other major players but if their existing protection is less then ours or very distant, then make the offer. If they refuse, then find a reason to levy a 'special tax'- let my tax collectors find some excuse.

Also, when they are ready to break ground for the new Cathedral celebrating Bishop Reginald X of Loraine's relics of Saint Stéphen, René, his wife and some of his family, along with whatever of his knights wish to attend, will pilgrimage to the site and attend the mass commemorating the ground-breaking. He will try to get a chance to hold the relic and ask for the blessing of Saint Stéphan upon himself, his house and his vassals.

8. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Duchy of Brabant's Orders
    Spoiler :
    Henry I of the Duchy of Brabant/Lord of Elves(Pink)
    Treasury: 0GB
    Economy:1/1
    Knights:60
    Soldiers:114(Upkeep:2)
    Special:
    Vassals:

Reduce the size of our army by 70 soldiers. Use the remainder to enforce our claims on the rest of the Low Countries -- Work in tandem with those who would consider themselves our allies or willing vassals. Once this is done send the armies home.

9. das

das Regeneration In Process

Hugues II, de Toulouse Orders:
    Spoiler :
    Turn over Ibn Zaragoza to Philip of Aragon.

Spend 1 GB on keeping the knights around for a bit longer.

Bank 1 GB.

Before the Aragonese can reach a truce with the Muslims, continue attacking to secure control over the northern side of the Ebro, and launching raids for plunder deeper into enemy territory. De Auvergne should accompany us; so might some of the other Christian lords. Try to inflict as much damage to the enemy infrastructure as possible, to keep them from launching another attack.

After that is over, one way or another, pull our forces back to Toulouse for now and prepare to defend from any attacks from our neighbours.

10. germanicus12

germanicus12 First Citizen of Rome

Father: Jacques 40
    Mother: Agnes 36
    Son: Charles 19 (and Heir)
    Son: Louis 16
    Daughter: Marguerite 14
    Ages?

Realized I forgot their ages... added above.

Orders:
    Economy:1/2
    Stability:2
    Special:Lvl1Wheat Field
    Vassals:

Spoiler :
    Build a Dockyard. -2 GB.

Bank remaining.

11. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

No update last night, sorry... Ended up hanging out with friends. Got work tonight, but I'll try and update afterwords. Don't send the next season's orders, please. I'm only going to update one season after work tonight. Welcome Immaculate.

12. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Updating...

13. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Update 3 Spring 1001

France

Guillaume of Normandy attempts without any specifics to gain the loyalty of the lord of the castle between Normandy and Poitiers, and is unsuccessful. Trade with the english has bore little fruit, as of yet.

Guicers de Montourne has funded the establishment of a glassblower's guild.

Etienne de Orleans has spent money to build an infrastructure of roads that would allow for Orleans to become a hub of western trade on the mainland, were there much trade to speak of. Economics at this moment are too localised for the large-scale trading that many dukes are trying to pull off. And again with the Merchant Law, being much too far ahead of it's time. The duke is laying the groundwork for a future of trade, but is seeing none of the fruits of said groundwork today.

Duke Hugue de Toulouse returns triumphant, with his knights. All of which are fat from booty captured from the infidel in Spain. The people hold a welcome home celebration for their liege (+1 stability)

Jacques de Amiens builds a dockyard for his castle.

Holy Roman Empire

Ernst of Bavaria changes his surname to Hesse, and builds a housing district outside the castle walls.

Offering a large sum of money as enticement, a minor baron comes to the side of Conrad of the Habsburgs, and with him his lands. His soldiers come home with the new truce being reached in Spain, with their heads held high in victory.

Some wtf? happens when the King of Brandenburg rallies his (volunteer) knights together, calls up his vassal, Rommel, even encourages the people to take up arms and march alongside Volker... And then holds a tournament. This king does seem mad at times. A few knights that stayed home due to financial reasons and couldn't campaign to help their fellow christians in the north attend this tournament. No real jousting or fighting goes on.. They end up drinking and hunting, in stead.

The Duke Rene de Marseilles constructs docks.

Henry I of Brabant disbands over 50 soldiers from his army. These soldiers formed a mercenary unit, which was hired by a lord whom Henry wanted to enforce his claims on. This lord, Roger of Ypres, has decided that he will meet Henry in the field, should he tread further onto his ground.

Thanks to the extremely slow response from the German lords to the events in Schleswig-Holstein, the Danes bust in and slaughter all the inhabitants of Kiel. Shortly after, the Brandeburgers coming through are ambushed. A particular Knight, Gruisarm, who has been dubbed "The Daneslayer" shown particular valor in this battle, and the enemy has been repulsed with the arrival of the Prague contingent, just a couple hours behind.

Battered but not beaten, the Brandenburg/Prague army marches forward to Kiel. When they arrive, a field battle takes place, and is won by the German Knights. They have now laid siege to the once besieging danes, in the castle of Kiel.

Conrad grants the lands east of the Oder to his vassal, Lord Rommel. Now, Duke Rommel makes a castle (thanks to captured booty from the infidels of the north), next to the river overlooking the village of Szczecin

Spanish Marches

Duke Hugues de Toulouse decides to keep his men on for another season, and campaign further against Islam in Spain. Several villages are captured, but with the release of Ibn Zaragoza for a ransom of 4 GB a truce starts, which should last for 3 years.

Attached Files:

14. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

@Zeletdude- You may have better luck further inland. It was a lack of a serious plea for help on your part, and a lack of serious attention from other german lords that contributed to the death of your house.

15. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

Orders:
    Spend 1 GB on Cathedral for the holy relic

Invite the Stonemasons to establish a Guild in Lorraine

Diplomacy

To Christian Nations:

Our holy relic has papal approval and pilgrims are coming to our lands. We wish for the roads to be peaceful for the pilgrims, may we humbly ask for peaceable travel for those who are attempting the journey?

To members of the Holy Roman Empire

We have no desire to rule the entire secular kingdom of the Holy Roman Empire, but assistance in building a fine cathedral would certainly earn more favorable respect from us and consideration in future endeavors you may wish to accomplish.

16. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Marseille should be french, not HRE? right?

17. das

das Regeneration In Process

Well, not historically :p

18. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Orders:
    Spoiler :
    1 GB on the Wheat Field.
    Expand to the south. Offer the lord of the castle to the south of Normandie a lordship in our Earldom in exchange of our protection. If he doesn't accept, assault them, take the castle and give it to the knight that did the most.
    Invite a Merchant's Guild to establish itself in Normandie.

19. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Orders
    1GB on wheat field
    Send that annoying guy to the east some flowers, chocolate.

20. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

No word from Charles of Paris and his illustrious family?