Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Hopefully not mine. By the way if you do run into issues with mine report them so that I can fix them on my end and not propagate errors with each update.

there seems to be a conflict between Dural Module and Chislev module (something about diplomacy..)

thanks.

the game worked even with the "conflict"

The latest revision seems not to have fixed the "Promotions" page in the Civilopedia. See attached screenshots.

Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (8).png

Strange, it seemed to work well on my computer last time I tested it. I'll do further tests and let you know what comes out. Are you using steam or a non-steam version of civ4?

Not sure whether it is related, but I corrected a bug in my module's affinity file, which I will update in the next commit. The pedia works well on my computer at the moment.

I'm having a weird problem where every time I go to load a game while not already running one, I crash. No error messages (other than the "Windows is checking for problems" popup), no log messages I could find, nothing. I'm using the latest SVN version (r328).

Possibly related, but possibly not, I also crash when starting a game as certain leaders. But if I manage to get a game going, I can load earlier saves from that game until I quit, at which point I start crashing when I load them.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is there anything I can look at to help figure out why?

Python exception, began when Basium was summoned and recurs regularly afterwards . This is with SVN Revision 331.

Screenshot (12).png

Dwarven Druids still require a Grove, but the Khazad and Luchuirp now have the Stone Circle as a Grove replacement, so Dwarven Druids should require a Stone Circle instead of a Grove, I think. Thanks.

EDIT: This is with the "Dwarves" module activated, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
I don't know how this happened, maybe from the More Arcane module? Playing as the Luchuirp, all of my living units in one city got this strange promotion -- see screenshot below.

Screenshot (14).png
Posting here because it would surprise me if this were intended +400 movement range?

Your units have been given the test promo, which is used as a template for promotions in the XML and is obviously meant never to be given to units. It is likely to me related to a module, try to deactivate some of them (especially modular python, since this one has been creating other similar issues). However, it is possible that your save cannot be recovered (unless you remove manually the promotion in worldbuilder).
As for the dwarves module, the stone circle is not formally the Khazad replacement for the grove, but you're right. Either the Khazad should be able to build dwarven druids where they have stone circles, or be explicitly forbidden to build druids (since the myconid already does part of the druid's job with its spores spell).
EDIT: fixed the druid thing, will be uploaded with the next revision. It was indeed an issue with the dwarves module. Dwarven druids will be available for recruitment from the stone circle again.

Last edited:
Your units have been given the test promo, which is used as a template for promotions in the XML and is obviously meant never to be given to units. It is likely to me related to a module, try to deactivate some of them (especially modular python, since this one has been creating other similar issues). However, it is possible that your save cannot be recovered (unless you remove manually the promotion in worldbuilder).
As for the dwarves module, the stone circle is not formally the Khazad replacement for the grove, but you're right. Either the Khazad should be able to build dwarven druids where they have stone circles, or be explicitly forbidden to build druids (since the myconid already does part of the druid's job with its spores spell).
EDIT: fixed the druid thing, will be uploaded with the next revision. It was indeed an issue with the dwarves module. Dwarven druids will be available for recruitment from the stone circle again.

I always have the MPL module inactive, so that probably wasn't the problem. I chose not to continue the game, as you might have expected. Before starting a new game I decided to deactivate the More Arcane module. Also, @black_imperator said in the other thread that the Research Grants and Reformed Liches modules were unstable, so decided to deactivate those two as well. Current game is going okay so far.

Thanks for the update on the Dwarven Druids.

I've removed the changes to Dwarven Druids in the Dwarves module. Hasn't been committed into the svn yet, but you can get it from my module thread.
I'd be interested to know if More Arcane is in fact the cause of the odd promotion bug. I haven't done much work on it pending balancing feedback, so it's never really left the WIP stage. It might be that I need to do some tinkering here and there to make it play nicely again.

Top Bottom