1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

9th try : tried to load the "normal" save game : CTD/
    10th...: tried to load the "auto-save" ... it works.
    gonna play.

2. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

rev 336

the button before Restrict Random Civs reads TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_WB_LOAD_SCREEN
    game ctd at setup map stage.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

ah yeah forgot to hide that, i'm working on reactivating the scenarios and it's part of the original structure used for them

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

SVN Revision 336, playing as the Scions, still can't adopt the Civic "Glory" after having researched Engineering. It shows up in the Civics list under "Cultural Values" and I can mouse over it to see the info, but when I click on it I can't adopt it. See screenshot below.

Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (24).png

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

Attached Files:

6. black_imperator

the Glory issue is fixed for next version.

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

Attached Files:

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (27).png

9. black_imperator

looking at the code, the place where it seems to fail is a function i do not have access to, it's one of the few functions that's in the exe. So i have no idea why it bugs, though i assume you're gonna get that everytime someone gets a tech. Is it recurring from game to game ?

10. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

It didn't recur, actually. I exited to the Desktop, launched AoE from the AoE Launcher, loaded the latest Auto-save, and have not seen the problem recur.

11. Generalissimo1

Generalissimo1 Chieftain

Hey so I just installed AoE from patch 14.11 and the launcher will start but nothing happens after. Help please I really would love to play this Mod.

PS. I downloaded this Mod and then switched computers a while ago and there is a not fully working version of AoE that I somehow can't delete. That may be the problem.

upload_2019-3-25_22-30-54.png

12. black_imperator

yeah, ideally, the mod should be installed in the Ashes of Erebus folder. Though if nothing happens when you're starting the launcher, it may be something else, could you show me the inside of the working folder ?

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Encountered what I think is a bug, possibly connected to the "Fortifications" module.

In my current game the Barbarians built a city on the Tower of Eyes. The Mind Mana remained, but the Tower itself was no longer there. I'm playing as the Elohim, so having a Unique Feature disappear was disappointing, since I was hoping to get control of it at some point and receive the associated Trait.

I thought it might be connected to the "Fortifications" module, since I remember reading that that module made the Tower of Eyes claimable as a Fort. And of course I know that cities can be built on Forts/Castles/Citadels. So I think that that's what might have happened, but I'm not a programmer, so not sure.

14. black_imperator

yeah, that's most definitely what happened. I'll make sure the fort-to-city barb action ignores UF. Thanks for the report.

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

I had captured and razed the Barbarian city earlier, so now I decided to just go into WorldBuilder and put the Tower of Eyes back on that tile.

16. Generalissimo1

Generalissimo1 Chieftain

Yeah wiped my computer and retried still an error. upload_2019-3-31_21-0-34.png

Attached Files:

17. Generalissimo1

Generalissimo1 Chieftain

18. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn, after a very long wait. Hit "Enter," wait a few minutes while the globe spins, and eventually the game crashes.

Attached Files:

19. black_imperator

Apologies for the late answer, could you show me the folder path to your install of the mod please ?

Thanks, i'll take a look ,which modules did you use ?

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Of the available modules, the only ones I don't use are Jotnar, LoyalCorrupt, More Arcane, and Silver Circle. So all modules except those four.

Or if it's easier, my active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.