1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Not sure if this is intended or a bug, so posting here. When leading the Dural, is Ophelia Rosenthal supposed to gain the Theocratic Trait? That's what happened in my game -- I'm playing as the Dural with Ophelia Rosenthal as Leader. Fairly late in the game, Turn 546, when I hit "Enter" I gained the Theocratic Trait. I decided to reload the previous autosave and try again, to see if it was recurring; same thing happened, end of Turn 546.

I again reloaded the previous autosave (Turn 545). This time I saved the game at Turn 546 and hit "Enter," but did not gain the new Trait. After playing a few more turns and saving each turn, I gained the Theocratic Trait at the end of Turn 549. I've uploaded the save right before i gained the new Trait, so if you hit "Enter" you should see it happen. I'm uploading the save in case this is not intended, so maybe you can figure out why it's happening.

As before my active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Attached Files:

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

it's definitely not intended. i'll check the code but i assume that ophelia was activated as an emergent leader without getting her associated trait, making her able to gain any of the existing emergent traits

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Ophelia starts with the Strategist Trait, but that Trait doesn't have levels. In my game I started with the Strategist Trait and never lost it. It's just that late in the game I also gained the Theocratic Trait. Maybe if she's leading the Bannor Theocratic makes sense, but that makes her basically the same as Gaius Octavius, right? For the Dural it really doesn't make sense, because you don't get the full benefit.

4. black_imperator

Yeah, strategist isn't yet considered an emergent trait in code. Any emergent leader can have at most one so when ophelia started with none, she started gaining points toward all of them and gained the first one she crossed the threshold for. In your case, your playstyle caused her to gain Theocratic.

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (30).png

6. Generalissimo1

Generalissimo1 Chieftain

7. Oranos

Oranos Chieftain

Bit of an odd bug, but I had sheut stone get discovered by a mine. At the start of the next turn, it turned into marble. I entered the worldbuilder and created a source of sheut stone that way, and it did the same thing.

8. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Sheut stone is only viable on hell terrain...
    so if there is no hell terrain, it changes into marble or stone (or obsidian (?) )

you can fix the change by putting hell terrain on the tile.
    however you then take the risk to have hell terrain spread to surrounding tiles.
    (oh. and if you are GOOD, the hell terrain should disappear in a few turns, unless AC is high enough)

9. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

Attached Files:

10. black_imperator

as usual, revision number and modules used ^^

11. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

^^ Oops, sorry. Revision 339.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre

12. black_imperator

thanks. I'll take a look

13. Oranos

Oranos Chieftain

I'd completely forgotten about that, it's been so long since I played a game where hell terrain was a factor

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 339.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Separately from this CtD, earlier in the game I received a notification that Agares had declared war on Bhall. Not sure I've seen that before, don't know how it happened or even if it's supposed to happen, but I thought it was kind of fun.

Attached Files:

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (13).png

16. black_imperator

oh that one is weird. The error is that the test for a unit's owner crashes because there's no unit in the tile BUT, the code passed the test checking whether there are units in the tile. i'm gonna need to test that deeper.

17. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

If you think it makes a difference, I was playing as the Scions and had set my starting Creepers to Automated Explore (or whatever it's actually called), so I'm sure it was one of my Creepers, because it happened at least twice, as far as I remember.

18. black_imperator

ah it's one of the damn creeper bugs then, that explains it (not really but that definitely leads me towards some specific problems)