1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Random question. Would packing my modules into a fpk file or two help reduce the stress from loading all the stuff?

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

it's a possibility yes, though i don't think it's not the main factor

3. PPQ_Purple

Maybe not now but once all my work is complete eventually it's going to take up several GB.

4. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

o.O that much ?
    there are no ways to reduce the detail on the shapes or skins ???

5. PPQ_Purple

Oh believe me I am trying. I am doing all sorts of stuff like reworking entire models to remove unnecessary polygons, trimming textures and adding them together where ever I can etc. But it's just a lot of units.

This said, I did maybe overreact. I went back on my math and it's like this. In total the game has 11 ship types and making for 41 normal unit types (not counting workers, great people etc.) presently making for give or take 1800 units. Counting everything up and including the upcoming new additions and special units that lack art it's closer to 2000. Now out of those my rough guess (I can't be bothered to count them up on my worksheet) is that at least 1000 are going to have to come from me. So even if my units are small (100kb - 1mb) that's still a lot when you multiply by three orders of magnitude. It's certainly going to be around the 0.5GB range when it's done. And for a game that only really supports 4GB that ain't pretty.

Well it's very pretty but it might cause issues while being such. Still it shouldn't be bad as each day my skills at keeping things small ensure the next unit is smaller than the last.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Getting a WoC at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter." This is with SVN revision 340; I didn't upgrade to 341 because I don't need the LENA installer, figured I'd wait for a revision that includes gameplay changes.

EDIT. Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  7. DolWerdd

DolWerdd Chieftain

Hi, first post in this forum. I have been playing FFH2, RiFE and now AoE to the exclusion of almost all other games since I discovered the mods several months ago and I want to congratulate all of you who have been responsible for the mods for the effort, vision and quality that have obviously been used to create/refine them.

I have hit a bug in a game that I am currently playing: SVN 341, Dural, Ophelia with the default modules enabled. When I add units to certain Tacticians they gain a duckhead promotion (zzzzTestPromo) when in the Tactician's range which gives them +400 move, move through mountains, training benefits, etc. This promotion disappears if the unit is detached from the tactican or moves out of the tactician's range but reappears when you add the unit back to the tactician. It does not apply to all units attached to tacticians and did not start happening until c. turn 300.

I tend to play at lower levels as I am more interested in building and discovering what can happen/has been designed rather than fighting a vicious fight to the death from turn 1.

Attached Files:

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exception, screenshot attached. SVN Revision 340.

Screenshot (82).png

9. DolWerdd

DolWerdd Chieftain

Another problem that I found in ffh2 (and in RiFE IIRC) but I have not checked in AoE, is a CTD whenever trying to unload a unit from a naval unit by r/clicking on a land square that is not adjacent to the ship.

10. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

This is a long-standing issue with FfH modmods, but generic diplo text usually is used in place of unique diplo text, even for leaders who have it. One of the modders told me years ago this is because of the fact that not all leaders have unique diplo text, but I wonder if there is a way to work around that.

11. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

oh, that's an interesting one, i'm gonna need to look if it's the dural or something else.

added to the todo list

i'll check for that one, i remember working on it, but not sure whether it's solved

yeah i need to rewrite the diplo text selection, it's on my todo list.

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter" at the end of this turn.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Attached Files:

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I'm having buildings in my cities disappear without receiving any notifications about them being destroyed. All of a sudden buildings will show up in my build queue that I've previously built. I know about the espionage event that causes improvements to be destroyed, as well as the event (I think it's a natural disaster) that can destroy buildings, but none of this has happened. Is there something else that might be causing this? One of my destroyed buildings was a National Wonder, the Shrine of the Champion -- I was surprised to see it show up as a suggested build when I had built it many turns earlier.

SVN Revision 340 (I didn't update to 341 since I don't need the LENA installer and figured I'd wait for a substantive update).

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

A zip file containing Crash Dump files from random non-repeating crashes.

Attached Files:

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Some more Crash Dump files from random non-recurring crashes.

Attached Files:

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

A few more Crash Dump files.

Attached Files:

17. 5Echo2

5Echo2 Chieftain

for some reason the svn just. doesnt work. disabling modules doesnt help, and in fact is impossible without moving the files out of the module folder manually, and the game is literally unplayable. it just crashs whenever i try to play.
    i have no idea where the crash dump files are. the stuff mentioned in the launcher is borderline gibberish to me because im not a coder or whatever

18. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

try running civ4 through win7 compatibility mode, it helps for some people

19. Birnenpappe

Birnenpappe Chieftain

I managed to get the svn version running, however I seem to experience weird errors with missing interface elements or silent crashes to desktop when I load a savegame.
    I assume this is the bug that has been talked about here, where deleting the cache may help, I will try to do so in the future. Where exactly are those cache files?

Furthermore, I am playing with standard modules and settings, but in my current Game as the Mazatl, I cannot seem to be able to research the tech for Runes of Kilmorph or Empyrium.
    Since these are exactly those religions that have special unlocks for the Mazatl, I was wondering if there was a potential bug... or if I am making some stupid error.
    I cannot even *see* these techs in the tech tree, but their entries are still in the Civilopedia.

The game also constantly tells me that there are "4900 turns left before next elimination", even though I am not playing on Final Five Mode.