Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Sorry if this is an old error but all the movies are silent, and I know they're supposed to have sound. I have the versions with sound (I think they're available as a supplemental download from classic FfH).

Posted a while back that I was having issues playing on Linux with wine. I can now report that I have got it running better on Linux/wine than I had it running previously on Windows 10. This was the latest official release, I'm now going to try the latest SVN and see if that works as well.

Unfortunately the SVN version CTD's when I end my first turn.

I can't load my saves anymore after a certain point. I'm playing on the 'stable' release... (16.11) Well, dang. I specifically picked it to avoid possible crashes & other errors.... looks like it didn't work.
I'm able to load the earlier save, but not the later one, or any save after it (the game CTDs after the last stage of the map loading is complete and the black screen around the usual tip popup appears). I don't know whether it has anything to do with my setup, but it recurred in other games with the same settings and leader/civ. I've tried running both AoE and Civ4: BtS in Windows 7 compatibility mode, hoping that it would solve something for some reason, but it didn't.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Thessalonica Turn_0051.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Thessalonica Turn_0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
If you are playing with the last "stable" release there are a few gotchas. The Mechanos civ is one of the worst ones. I would suggest you disable them in the options so that neither you nor the a.i. plays them.

Is the Phoenix Blood promotion supposed to be unavailable to units with the Undead promotion? There would be a certain logic to that, I suppose, since they're already dead, so can't be resurrected if destroyed.

The reason I ask is that I'm playing as the Scions, whose Racial is Undead. I completed Blood of the Phoenix and none of my units received the Phoenix Blood promotion.

The 'pedia entry for the Undead Promotion lists which Promotions are blocked, but doesn't include Phoenix Blood, so it would be helpful to add that, if this is what's intended.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

If you are playing with the last "stable" release there are a few gotchas. The Mechanos civ is one of the worst ones. I would suggest you disable them in the options so that neither you nor the a.i. plays them.
Well, that worked. To fix the loading save issue, that is. I'm instead getting a different issue, which is a repeatable crash. Eh...
Is the 'stable' release significantly more stable than the SVN? If so, do you know where I can find all the 'gotchas' so that I can have a nice, crash-free game?

[I have hit a bug in a game that I am currently playing: SVN 341, Dural, Ophelia with the default modules enabled. When I add units to certain Tacticians they gain a duckhead promotion (zzzzTestPromo) when in the Tactician's range which gives them +400 move, move through mountains, training benefits, etc. This promotion disappears if the unit is detached from the tactican or moves out of the tactician's range but reappears when you add the unit back to the tactician. It does not apply to all units attached to tacticians and did not start happening until c. turn 300.
black_imperator, post: 15648493, member: 73027"]oh, that's an interesting one, i'm gonna need to look if it's the dural or something else.

I have had the same effect in a new game with the Luichirp and Sheaim/Infernals. I thought that I could circumvent the problem by deleting the commander and creating a new one via Worldbuilder but when I went to add the Field Commander promotion to the new commander it pointed to zzzzTestPromo and not Leadership.
I had completed the Luichirp game and went straight into the Sheaim/Infernal game without exiting AOE.

Also a couple of screenshots of some unusual terrain effects that did not seem to have any detrimental effects on the game:

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-6_9-20-7.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-6_9-20-7.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 267
  • upload_2020-5-6_9-20-27.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-6_9-20-27.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 267
Apologies for my post #489, I hit the wrong button when I was trying to quote an earlier post and somehow managed to "not" quote it :blush:

I have not had the Duckhead promotion for a couple of months (everything has worked OK) but yesterday's occurrence does appear to be related to the Commander "Field Commander" promotion not pointing at the correct minion promotion.

Is the Phoenix Blood promotion supposed to be unavailable to units with the Undead promotion? There would be a certain logic to that, I suppose, since they're already dead, so can't be resurrected if destroyed.

The reason I ask is that I'm playing as the Scions, whose Racial is Undead. I completed Blood of the Phoenix and none of my units received the Phoenix Blood promotion.

The 'pedia entry for the Undead Promotion lists which Promotions are blocked, but doesn't include Phoenix Blood, so it would be helpful to add that, if this is what's intended.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

The promo is not specifically blocked, it's just that the ritual doesn't grant it to non-alive units.
I'll add it to the description.

Apologies for my post #489, I hit the wrong button when I was trying to quote an earlier post and somehow managed to "not" quote it :blush:

I have not had the Duckhead promotion for a couple of months (everything has worked OK) but yesterday's occurrence does appear to be related to the Commander "Field Commander" promotion not pointing at the correct minion promotion.
I'll look into that. Thanks for the bug-hunting

The promo is not specifically blocked, it's just that the ritual doesn't grant it to non-alive units.
I'll add it to the description.

So just have the 'pedia entry for Phoenix Blood say that it affects only living units? (Or something like that?)

One question. I've been trying to overwrite svartalfar unit models but with no luck. It does not matter if I try UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ELF or UNIT_ARTSTYLE_SVARTALFAR the replacement model simply does not load and I get the default unit model instead. Any ideas what might be happening?

I am trying to replace a knight.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Alex Mantzaris (Firaxis Games) -->
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -->
<!-- Copyright Firaxis Games 2005 -->
<!-- -->
<!-- Civilization Infos -->
<Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml">
    <UnitArtStyleTypeInfos>
        <UnitArtStyleTypeInfo>      
            <Type>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_SVARTALFAR</Type>
            <StyleUnits>
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitType>UNIT_KNIGHT</UnitType>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_KNIGHT_DARKELF</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_KNIGHT_DARKELF</LateArtDefineTag>
                        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_KNIGHT_DARKELF</MiddleArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>
            </StyleUnits>
        </UnitArtStyleTypeInfo>
    </UnitArtStyleTypeInfos>
</Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos>

I am working with the stable version btw.

Thanks. That worked. Now I can get on with working on new animations again.

I encountered a bug towards the end of my (successful) first run as the Bannor. I razed all of the cities in the world belonging to the Clan of Embers and to Hyborem to end my crusade once and for all. However, for whatever reason, these 2 still exist in the game. I went to conquer the Elohim since that was the only other civ in the world other than mine, and 1-2 turns after I end the turn where I wipe them off the map, the game crashes. I'm unable to finish this one playthrough due to this bug.

I'll leave the savefiles attached, both the auto and the manual. You can replicate the crash simply by taking the last 2-3 cities the Elohim has, then passing 1-2 turns.

P.D.: I'm sad I won't get my trophy for beating the game as the Bannor :(

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0497.CivBeyondSwordSave
    996.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Mexaddon Turn_0496.CivBeyondSwordSave
    992.2 KB · Views: 174
I found a minor bug with the plant kelp spell.
In CvSpellInterface.py line 10212:
From - pPlot.setFeatureType(Feature["Kelp"], 0)
To - pBestPlot.setFeatureType(Feature["Kelp"], 0)

Top Bottom