1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

On your turn or AI turn this one ? if on your turn, what was your last action ? (i'm thinking forest trying to push a unit that has died in the meantime, which is the usual cause of those )

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Must have been the AI turn, since I don't remember any of my units going into a Blighted Forest, and I don't see any Blighted Forests in any of the areas of the map that I've explored. Plus there were four (or five?) of these Python exception popups on top of each other in the same turn, and I didn't have that many units exploring at the same time. So far it's happened only that one time, not before or since -- I'm up to Turn 301 now, and that happened back in Turn 136.

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exception, screenshot attached. This happened more than once, and always it was on a plot in my territory under my control.

SVN Revision 340. (I didn't update to 341 because I don't need the LENA installer.)

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, MOM Bulidings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, and Werepyre.

Screenshot (99).png

Attached Files:

4. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok, that one is worrying. the code finds a plot where there are units, but those units are non-existing...

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

The problem seems to be only in the last row of tiles before the end of the map at the north, all of which are Frost/Tundra. I'm playing a Tectonics Map.

EDIT: Actually, one of the tiles in question is Taiga, not Tundra.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Some area effect spells don't give you a warning that casting might cause you to declare war on another civ, while others do. In my current game, I had an Arcane Barge cast Maelstrom and inadvertently ended up declaring war on someone I didn't mean to. On the other hand, when my Priests of Bhall were going to cast Ring of Flames or my Runekeepers were going to cast Earthquake, I did get the warning.

Might be helpful to go through the various area effect spells to see which ones don't provide that warning and then add that in.

Thanks.

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Not sure if this is intended or a bug or oversight.

Ogre Warchiefs are Commander units, but don't start with the ability to lead any units. I checked the Civilopedia and they seem to be the only Commander units like this. So they have to use the Command Limit promotions to be able to command other units. Having to spend one or more promotions just to give them this basic Commander ability doesn't seem right. I know that they upgrade from Level 6 units and are fairly powerful to begin with, so maybe they can start with the ability to command either one or (preferably) two units instead of the usual three.

8. Methuselas

Methuselas Chieftain

Just curious. I downloaded the SVN and it's causing the Engine to lock up completely. It's a Quad Core, with 16GB and an elderly 840M, but I played 14.11 on this machine before. The Beast, which is a 8 core 64GB and 2 2080s, runs 14.11 just fine. Any ideas?

BTW, if someone wants to rig it, I have the original Maogata model I did. It never went anywhere, as I didn't have the patience to learn and deal with 3DMax, since I use Maya.

9. Ripper1276

Ripper1276 Chieftain

Recently downloaded and tried to play Ashes from Erebus. I'm trying to run the stable build, not the SVN. Downloaded it, extracted it into the BtS Mod folder, and ran it from the launcher. I'm getting XML errors on start. I also tried starting Civ 4 then loading the mod, same thing. Here are the screenshots.

Attached Files:

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Hi,
    some modules of the stable build shouldn't be deactivated, as they're linked with the main game ( which is an issue that was fixed in later versions). In your case, you should reactivate the Bannor Chain of Command and Hamstalfar modules. (You can still deactivate the Hamstalfar civ from the custom game menu if you don't want to see it)

11. Ripper1276

Ripper1276 Chieftain

I didn't mess with any of the modules when I downloaded it. Here is a screenshot of the AoE launcher.

Attached Files:

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

hmmm that's more surprising. Can you show me the Assets/Modules/Normal Modules/Hamstalfar folder ?

13. Ripper1276

Ripper1276 Chieftain

Here it is. Oh, and thank you for all this help. :-D

Attached Files:

14. Graceless

Graceless Chieftain

Hi there

I've got a slightly wierd bug that I've noticed takes two forms.
    1) when I start a new game those civs that should spawn a hero straight away (like the Illians or Scions) don't get them. Nor do any of the other scion heros spawn when the relevant tech is researched (Themos, Alcinus etc).
    2) Some religions won't start or take properly. Runes, Veil and Leaves will all never "found" whether via normal gameplay or if I force things in World Builder. The city will say its the Holy City but the religion itself doesn't stay and the religion screen shows them as not yet founded.

I've got v14.11 installed but nothing else.

Thanks
    Graceless

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

hmm, that looks normal. Can you check inside the xml folder that you have indeed some xml files in there? If you do, try running the BtS.exe through admin mode, there's a slight chance that it is an access issue.
    That sounds like you got some hidden options activated. Try starting a play now game, and it should work properly.

16. Ripper1276

Ripper1276 Chieftain

I looked inside the xml folders for the Hamstalfar mod and it seems to have files in it. Not sure what all should be there. Checked several of the other xml folders in the base mod directory, they seem to be there as well. Tried running BtS as an Admin, then loading the mod, no dice.

17. Graceless

Graceless Chieftain

Perfect, did that and everything is working. Such a simple solution, sorry I didn't think to try that first. Thanks!

18. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

revision 342 is out on the svn. Changelog :
    Content :
    -Crime system pass 2 : Civ-unique crime buildings
    -New lair results, including unique ones that can only pop up once in a game
    -Two completed dynamic trait Slaver for Athel Revus and Demon of the Deep for Blackheart
    -Removal of the scions' creepers, mostly for debugging reasons
    -Realistic cultural spread game option, with civ-specific effects
    -Various translations and pedia texts provided by the community, most notably @DKD, @MechanosGuy and @azatote

Behind the scenes:
    -Ongoing improvement of the AI by taking components of MNAI, this time focused on grouping and unit movement.
    -Addition of timing code, to determine where the slowdowns come from ( to help, please provide your time.log file in the Log folder)
    -Various Bug fixes

Modules :
    -Churel : A new leader for the Calabim, Churel Alexis, a vampire cursed to only be able to feed from undead( on module only till design is finalized, will be merged after)
    -CrimeBalanceTest : a community suggestion that most crime buildings decrease crime rate a bit
    -Dao : The elementalist civ from Orbis back by popular demand. Early version, will need further work down the road
    -LoyalCorrupt : Loyal is now renamed Virtuous at community's suggestion
    -NavalUnits : Major Rework of the naval unitlines by @vogtmurr, currently in WIP folder, pending further testing
    -OnePotion : showcase for the Promotionclass feature, units can only take one potion at a time
    -PPQ : Integration of the 2020 version of PPQ modules

AttackonJot_Titan likes this.
  19. AttackonJot_Titan

AttackonJot_Titan Chieftain

Awesome can't wait to try out the new features, thanks! Also I noticed a couple things that got missed in the revision, I don't know if they cause any bugs but they bug me lol. There's an N in TraitInfos Opportunistic's NextTrait that makes it NOPPORTUNISTIC2, and the second <Description> in SpellInfos Repair Golem should be <Help>.
    In the Dao mod the Art/Structures/Buildings/uniques folder should be /unique without s. The hero Sanari's UnitInfos <Image> needs Modules/NormalModules/Dao/ before Art/, and I'm not sure why but the ninja unit is frozen.

And I have some more pedias I've been using if they're of any use, I forgot to organize as I went so some might be for mods.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  20. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Thanks for the reports and the pedia texts. I'll merge them into next version