1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Makes sense, thanks.

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exception, screenshot attached. SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ's Unit Models, PPQ's Unit Models - Naval, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (100).png

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Another python exception, screenshot attached. SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ's Unit Models, PPQ's Unit Models - Naval, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (101).png

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  4. AttackonJot_Titan

AttackonJot_Titan Chieftain

Nor'easter, I can't seem to replicate your python errors with a fresh install and the mods listed (as long as by PPQ unit models you're referring to PPQ_flavour mod), have you cleared your cache since the update?

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I started a new game and haven't experienced the python errors on startup and Turn 1 again. I used the AoE Launcher, as always, and I remember seeing a post that the AoE Launcher automatically clears the cache, so the answer to that should be yes, then.

In the Module Manager in the AoE Launcher, PPQ's modules are listed as three separate modules rather than PPQ Flavour Mod, which is why I listed the modules the way I did.

6. DolWerdd

DolWerdd Chieftain

New game as Dao using r343:
    Calligraphy House does not show in "Next Build" pop-up list. It shows in the City Build screen as a pink square and gives a repeatable CTD when selected. It shows as a pink square throughout the Civilopedia but is selectable. This worked properly in r342.
    Air, Earth, Fire and Water Shrines do not show in "Next Build" pop-up list.
    Temple of Elements spawns all 4 types of elementals at the same time, I have not had any elementals spawn in a city with an elemental shrine so I am not sure what happens then. Now correctly prevented from building conflicting elemental shrines in same city.
    Hermits do not get free XP up to 10 as stated in the description.
    From r342:
    Sheaim Burning Eye attack message changes font part way through, IIRC this was the case in previous versions as well.
    upload_2020-11-16_8-4-11.png

Save file attached: r343, Default modules plus Dao.

Do you want information on missing text entries in the Civilopedia ? I assumed that you would be more interested in bugs rather than omissions so I have tended to ignore them.

Attached Files:

7. DolWerdd

DolWerdd Chieftain

Calligraphy House:
    RESMGR: Texture Modules/NormalModules/Dao/Art/Interface/CalligraphyHouse.dds failed to load

Ashes Of Erebus\Assets\Modules\...\Dao\XML\Art
    Dao_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml
    Currently:
    <Button>Modules/NormalModules/Dao/Art/Interface/CalligraphyHouse.dds</Button>
    Should be:
    <Button>Modules/NormalModules/Dao/Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/CalligraphyHouse.dds</Button>
    Icon appears in City Build screen and is selectable but does not appear in "Next Build" pop-up list

Also:
    War Elephant has Elementalist icon.

8. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

thanks for the reports, i was sure i had fixed this...
    For the pop-up list, i have no idea where it is handled, so i don't know what info it's using to choose what buildings show up. I'm working on it ^^

9. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exception, screenshot attached. SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (102).png

10. AttackonJot_Titan

SPELL_TAKE_HEARTSTONE doesn't have a name and its <button> should be Buttons/Equipment/Heartstone.dds. And I was attacked by a bhall beastman commander with a pink box promotion, when I looked it up he had Human and Leader III, which in the worldbuilder promotions list are clear but several others have pink boxes, the four horseman ones, siege combat, and a test
    upload_2020-11-20_6-20-1.png

11. AttackonJot_Titan

Found a couple more errors, when clicking the trophy at the bottom.
    upload_2020-11-23_1-20-56.png

And this one when switching from the republic civic, there was also one with KeyError: 'industrious'
    upload_2020-11-23_1-23-23.png

And some things that might be bugs, the lair events about the tunnel underground, the demonic idol, and the misshapen creature don't seem to do anything, and the Heartstone item says free xp til 35 but wasn't giving out any xp

12. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

yeah, the heartstone only increases the spellcasterxp cap to 35, no increase in xp rate. I'll check the rest of those

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I noticed that you're playing as the Maogata. Could that be the source of some of the problems you're experiencing? What I mean is that, as far as know, the Maogata haven't been incorporated into this mod yet, either directly or through the Maogata module. So if you've added the Maogata module on your own and it's not fully compatible with the SVN, then maybe there are some unintended negative consequences. I'm not a programmer myself, so I'm just speculating here, and happy to be corrected if my guess is wrong.

14. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

it's a possibility, though some of those were actual bugs.
    As for the pinkboxes in worldbuilder, they concern hidden promotions, which don't have icons since they aren't visible in normal gameplay

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exception, screenshot attached, followed by a recurring CtD, saved game uploaded.

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ's Unit Models, PPQ's Unit Models - Naval, and Scion Healthcare

Attached Files:

16. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

In my current game there seems to be a limit to how far Hawks can rebase to different cities. As far as I remember it wasn't like that before, you could rebase a Hawk to any of your cities or to any of your units that could carry animals and still had space to do so. Now there appears to be a range limit. Not sure if this is a bug or something new that's working as intended.

SVN Revision 343.

17. AttackonJot_Titan

This was mentioned a while ago so I believe this was a purposeful limitation added to them

18. AttackonJot_Titan

This one could be the mods I updated since they were loaded but I'm not familiar enough with the fundamental game setup to know what exactly went wrong, and since those mods don't mess with the screens I figured I'd post it here just in case. The error came right after loading a save which I loaded successfully a couple times before this. Not recreate-able either as it loaded fine after
    upload_2020-12-2_0-10-7.png

19. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Playing with the svn version from 27.10.2020 (I can't keep updating as it screws with my workflow) I got this error when capturing a Ljosafar city as the Sheaim.
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

The event could be dismissed safely and the game continued as normal after that. But it is annoying. Best I can tell it has something to do with a problem to get the city name.

20. AttackonJot_Titan

On starting a game with the World of Erebus map I got this, but it didn't cause any further issue (sorry if my giant pictures were filling the thread, never saw that thumbnail button)
    upload_2020-12-3_3-13-5.jpeg