Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

I found out what was happening. Pax Diabolis. Having newer used it I didn't think to check. But ALT-Z revealed it.
Anyway suggestions for future versions:
1. AI should NOT build and use Pax Diabolis when it is severely behind and only has 1-2 cities.
2. AI should NOT use it in their best and biggest city, their capital or generally in a city that's worth keeping.
3. In fact, the AI shouldn't generally use it at all unless there is a big payoff.

Also, if it's not too much I would suggest adding popups like those for great people that would trigger when a worldspell or such a major ritual is triggered.

the nature magical symbol is used to indicate that one of the rituals is active ( don't remember which though and i'm not near the computer i have the game on).

Is there a list somewhere that covers what is in the score display ? I have struggled to find information for it.

Also I have just got a level 17 unit into the Ring Of Carcer and it was empty. I reloaded the game, tried to access it with a level 6 unit and I couldn't (as expected) but when a level 17 Hunter enters the square the Ring vanishes and no Brigit appears.

SVN 343 default modules only

Attachments

• Dural_0306_RingOfCarcer.CivBeyondSwordSave
    766.3 KB · Views: 82
The windows - no disc issue should have nothing to do with the game. It's a windows error telling you that either you unplugged a device (USB, hard drive, floppy etc) wrong or its malfunctioning and now windows is confused. If it's happening when you try and load a game than you might have issues with your hard drive.

Thanks for your reply, the problem does not occur every time I load a game, I can go into AoE, load a game, then reload 20/30 times without the error, then the error starts will appear every reload from then until I exit AoE. I then launch AoE and load the same game without any errors and then the same thing may happen. I checked the Windows Device Manager and did find a rogue printer with no drivers loaded which I have deleted which may help. It is a USB printer with an inbuilt SD card slot so it may be thinking that it is a drive.

Crime Rate display in cites looks incorrect

Dural city, Order state religion with Penal Colony but without College of Theology (and therefoe no School of Junil).

From my calculations it should be:
26 Population + 52 = 52
Chaos Mana + 2 = 54
Buildings:
Penal Colony + 50
Gambling House + 5
Basilica - 10
Great Hall - 10
Dungeon - 10
Total + 25 + 25 = 79

9 Warriors Patrol 3 9 x 12 = -108 = -29
Happiness - 5 = -34
Law Mana - 4 = -38
Garrison - 4 = -42
Expcected Penal Colony benefit - 26 = -68

unless I am missing something...

The City screen is actually showing the total as -11 with some odd entries:
"-108 from nearby units" which is correct but appears twice
"-2808 from Population bonuses" which looks close to the Penal Colony benefit with the decimal point in the wrong place.

upload_2020-12-17_16-46-26.png

ok, so, if i follow correctly, the crime level is right, but the detail is wrong, that should be easy to fix.

Thanks for the report

The headline figure (-11) does not match my calculations (-68) but I could be missing something, the origin of a lot of numbers in Civ4 seems to be claoked in mystery...
Population figue is correct
Law/Chaos mana is correct
Nearby units is correct but appears twice
Garrison is correct (I think)
Happiness is correct
Buildings is 5 higher than I am expecting but I may have missed the effect of one (or more)
Population Bonus is definitely incorrect at -2808

Python exception, screenshot attached.

The game basically froze at this point -- the endlessly spinning globe. I exited and reloaded the previous autosave and was able to play through, without this python exception, so don't know if the event still happened. Also, being able to play through without a problem means that I didn't have a saved game to upload.

Screenshot (110).png

Python exception, screenshot attached, followed by a CtD, so I've also uploaded the save from immediately before the crash -- just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (111).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0521.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 81

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (112).png

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (113).png

Hey I've been your modmod about a 2 weeks now and I really like it, but I have hit a snack. My game keeps crashing when ever I 'end turn'. Could maybe take a look at it to see what is the problem.

There is no error message or anything just small short audio "glitch", and the game exits to windows. This almost seems like a MAF, which I have not expirienced in a while.

You propably know about BUG, which has some really cool options like File Paging, which prevents MAFs.
Also maybe you should integrate one of the "better" UIs for World Editor.

Also you should check this article https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Optimizing_DLLs for making turn times shorter. Though long "end turn times" aren't really a problem with your modmod.

Don't mean to be ahole or anything, I just really like you modmod, and would really like see it go far.

P.S I'm using the latest SVN and whatever modules are selected as default(haven't touched
them)
Mods: BlackDuke,Dural,Frozen,RifE More Events, PPQ_Effects(These have V on them). Hamstalfar, PPQ's Units Models, PPQ's Units Model - Naval(These have orange circle)

Attachments

• AshesOfErebus-Arcturus-01.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Is Jutapia supposed to be able to attack cities? I know that in general animals don't, so was surprised when Jutapia started attacking one of my cities. With its high movement and ability to retreat to mountains, this makes Jutapia really unpleasant, probably much more difficult to deal with than it should be.

So what I would suggest is programming Jutapia to behave roughly like other animals -- attacking units only in the wilderness, not invading a player's territory (unless the player's territory expands to where Jutapia happens to be), and definitely not attacking cities.

Alternatively, maybe get rid of the Flying promotion, so it can't retreat into Mountains. Or maybe reduce its strength or withdrawal chance, or remove the Hero promotion if we keep the Strength the same.

EDIT: Another possibility would be to have Jutapia be Leashed, the way Acheron is.

Last edited:
Python exception, screenshot attached. This happened when I was loading an Autosave, if that makes a difference.

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (114).png

Are Dwarven Mines, Settlements, etc., supposed to grant access to Mana? In my current game I captured an enemy city that had built a Dwarven Mine on top of Body Mana. Although when I moused over the tile it said that a Body Node was required, I nevertheless had access to the Body Mana without building a Body Node.

SVN Revision 343.

Python exception, screenshot attached. The game went into an endless loop, so I've also uploaded the saved game.

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (115).png

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0156.CivBeyondSwordSave
    566.6 KB · Views: 29

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (116).png

Mods: BlackDuke,Dural,Frozen,RifE More Events, PPQ_Effects(These have V on them). Hamstalfar, PPQ's Units Models, PPQ's Units Model - Naval(These have orange circle)
There is a confirmed false positive for overlap on my art modules. Long story short they both add stuff to the unit art style for the same civs and the launcher is worried that they might be overriding one another.
Also, in case anyone is interested the reason why I split them up is because they are big and will get bigger and so if someone is having problems with civs limited ability to use modern hardware they can just shut one or the other off.

Top Bottom