Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Still getting the Wandering Curse python exception when I play with the Dark Forests. (I had stopped activating that option for a while, but decided to give it another try in my current game.) Not game-breaking, there's no crash or anything, but annoying.

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

If you need to my game settings or other game options, please let me know.

Screenshot (120).png

Still experiencing this production problem with the Chislev and the Totem of the Earth. The Peak two tiles East of Heleda is producing 300 Hammers/Turn. I built the Totem of the Earth in my capital. Although Heleda is four tiles away from the capital, the city screen doesn't show Totem of the Earth (Replica) -- in fact, none of my cities four tiles from the capital show Totem of the Earth (Replica) in the city screen, which is either a problem specifically for Totem of the Earth or for religious Totems generally (I haven't built other religious totems yet).

Nevertheless, the production bonus on the Peak suggests that I'm getting the benefit of Totem of the Earth, even if the Replica doesn't appear in the city screen.

I think when I reported this previously you said that there was a +prod thing that was automatically increasing every turn.

Anyway, I've attached some screenshots plus a saved game.

SVN Revision 343.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art Fix, MOM Buildings, More Events, Noggormotha, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

If you need to my game settings or other game options, please let me know.

Screenshot (121).png
Screenshot (122).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0359.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 343.

If you need to know my game settings or other game options, please let me know.

Screenshot (123).png

Casin Loveless of the Lanun starts with two Traits but is categorized as an Important Leader instead of a Historical Leader, so is able to acquire a third Trait. That's what happened in my current game, I was offered the chance to gain a new Trait to replace the Important one, leaving me with three Traits.

I'd suggest simply making her a Historical Leader, that seems the easiest solution. Otherwise we need to get rid of one of her Traits, maybe Philosophical so she starts with Financial. Hannah the Irin starts with Financial and Raiders, but I don't think there's any way for an Important Leader to gain the Raiders Trait, so Casin's second Trait will be different and she'll end up playing differently from Hannah if we go that route. To make her completely different you'd drop the Financial Trait and have her start with only Philosophical, but I don't know how well that fits.

I appear to be getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0329.CivBeyondSwordSave
    975.1 KB · Views: 36
Python exception, screenshot attached, followed by a CtD, saved game attached.

SVN Revision 343.

If you need to know my game settings or other game options, please let me know.

Screenshot (127).png

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0535.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
I have no idea if it's a known bug or not, but the module manager is broken - my game crashes upon initializing a new game when I disable any of the modules (no issues with enabling). For that reason I have to move them around manually (copy & paste from a folder to another), which isn't an issue in itself, but it was annoying to find out the source of the crashes at first.

The module manager just automates cut-pasting. So using it shouldn't cause crashes provided it has permissions to actually do that properly. Check if removing a mod actually removes it or not. As in if the folder is gone or not.

I've posted this before, but just want to confirm that this particular python exception seems to be a fatal one. I got it again in my most recent game and the game crashed, again. So I hope that you can find a solution to this one.

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (128).png

I've posted this before, but just want to confirm that this particular python exception seems to be a fatal one. I got it again in my most recent game and the game crashed, again. So I hope that you can find a solution to this one.

SVN Revision 343.

View attachment 593992
yeah, it's already fixed for next version. thanks for the report

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 343.

Screenshot (129).png

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0361.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 343.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0375.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 34
Playing my first game as the Dao. I think this was reported before, but just confirming that there's a problem with the Calligraphy House. First, it shows up in the city screen as a pink square. More seriously, selecting it to build causes a CtD. Also, selecting it and placing it in the build queue after another building causes a CtD when you reach that part of the build queue.

SVN Revision 343.

Playing my first game as the Dao. I think this was reported before, but just confirming that there's a problem with the Calligraphy House. First, it shows up in the city screen as a pink square. More seriously, selecting it to build causes a CtD. Also, selecting it and placing it in the build queue after another building causes a CtD when you reach that part of the build queue.

SVN Revision 343.

Damn, i had thought i fixed most of those in 343. Thanks, i'll look into it

According to the tooltip, Agoges for the Clan function like Warrens in base/MNAI; ie, double unit production (save for heros and non-living units). However, it is not doing this. Is this intended?

According to the tooltip, Agoges for the Clan function like Warrens in base/MNAI; ie, double unit production (save for heros and non-living units). However, it is not doing this. Is this intended?

That was changed from unmodded FfH2. The Civilopedia says that the Agoge gives +40% Military Unit Production, but I guess the tooltip hasn't been updated to match that.

Civilopedia also notes the double number of units produced.
No question that both 40% and double number produced is overpowered; while I prefer the double units from a flavor perspective, I'd argue that 50% production is more in line with original intent, especially as that doesn't affect workers and settlers.

But, so long as the tooltip and Civilopedia are updated, I'm happy.

Top Bottom