Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Also, I tried using the new version and everything was playing fine yesterday but now I can't load any saves. They all crash. I plaid 171 turns yesterday and could load saves during that time. But now they all get to the finishing stage and crash. I tried something like 10 different save files.

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (178).png

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (179).png

Any ideas on what could be causing me to be unable to load any games that I save?

for some reason, sometimes the game has issues with loading saves. I'm still investigating it, but people have found a workaround. Load a first turn save or start a new game first, and load your save directly from the game, it should work. If that workaround still doesn't work for you, there's something more at work.

Any ideas on what could be causing me to be unable to load any games that I save?

I was having the same problem, having the game crash when I tried to load an Autosave. Not only that, but I also started experiencing crashes when I tried to start a new game.

I uploaded a bunch of crash dump files, but they turned out to be unhelpful, unfortunately.

I tried different things: clean installation, then Play Now games, followed by Custom Games with my preferred settings.

Finally I started disabling various modules and trying different combinations. I eventually ended up with a combination of modules that, at least so far, seems to be working: I've been able to start up Custom Games with my preferred settings and, with rare exceptions, have been able to reload Autosaves. It's not entirely satisfactory, since I've had to disable a few modules that I prefer to have active -- I may try activating one or more of those after I finish my current game just to see what happens.

i wasn't able to try every possible combination of modules, so don't know if the problem is intrinsic to one or more of the disabled modules or the result of some conflict between them (or between one or more of them and some other module).

I also haven't tried the workarounds that @black_imperator mentioned, so maybe something to try down the road if needed.

A few posts back, https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-bug-reports.625762/page-40#post-16202565, @black_imperator uploaded a change to the DLL that he thought might help. I haven't downloaded and installed it since right now I'm not having problems, but might be something to try.

for some reason, sometimes the game has issues with loading saves. I'm still investigating it, but people have found a workaround. Load a first turn save or start a new game first, and load your save directly from the game, it should work. If that workaround still doesn't work for you, there's something more at work.
I'll try that but honestly that's not really going to be a practical long term solution to me. When modding units I have to be able to close and reopen the game many times over and over again to review changes and tweak things. And I can't wait for a new game to initialize every single time.

I'll try that but honestly that's not really going to be a practical long term solution to me. When modding units I have to be able to close and reopen the game many times over and over again to review changes and tweak things. And I can't wait for a new game to initialize every single time.

oh i know it's not a practical solution, but at the moment, i don't have a better one. I'm still trying things to make it go away...

I was having the same problem, having the game crash when I tried to load an Autosave. Not only that, but I also started experiencing crashes when I tried to start a new game.

I uploaded a bunch of crash dump files, but they turned out to be unhelpful, unfortunately.

I tried different things: clean installation, then Play Now games, followed by Custom Games with my preferred settings.

Finally I started disabling various modules and trying different combinations. I eventually ended up with a combination of modules that, at least so far, seems to be working: I've been able to start up Custom Games with my preferred settings and, with rare exceptions, have been able to reload Autosaves. It's not entirely satisfactory, since I've had to disable a few modules that I prefer to have active -- I may try activating one or more of those after I finish my current game just to see what happens.

i wasn't able to try every possible combination of modules, so don't know if the problem is intrinsic to one or more of the disabled modules or the result of some conflict between them (or between one or more of them and some other module).

I also haven't tried the workarounds that @black_imperator mentioned, so maybe something to try down the road if needed.

A few posts back, https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-bug-reports.625762/page-40#post-16202565, @black_imperator uploaded a change to the DLL that he thought might help. I haven't downloaded and installed it since right now I'm not having problems, but might be something to try.

The dump files weren't unhelpful per se, they helped me narrow down the problem, but the more recent ones you gave me didn't give me more info than i already have from the older ones.

The issue is a memory access error. The game tries to access a part of the computer it's not allowed to. ( why is the question i'm still not able to answer).

oh i know it's not a practical solution, but at the moment, i don't have a better one. I'm still trying things to make it go away...
Ok, call me when if you manage something. In the meantime I'll see if I can revert to an older version that works for my work.

Encountering an issue with the Grave of Asmoday. Unlike other unique features, it doesn't become part of your territory, even after you explore it. I went into WorldBuilder to change it to belong to my civ, which worked for one turn, then on the next turn it was back to belonging to the barbarians.

SVN Revision 350.

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (180).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (180).png
    Screenshot (180).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Python exception, screenshot attached. That occurred during Turn 393 of my game.

Not sure if they're connected, but at the end of the following turn, Turn 394, I get a repeatable CtD, so I've uploaded the save -- just hit "Enter."

When I tried to reload the Turn 394 Autosave the game crashed, so instead I reloaded the Turn 393 Autosave, successfully. Got the same python exception and then the same crash at the end of Turn 394. This happened a couple of times, so it was a recurring problem.

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (182).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0394.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Also I tried it and it does not work. At least not reliably.

Getting a repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter" at the end of this turn.

SVN Revision 350.

Also, playing as the Scions, I can't load Ghostwalkers onto Galleons.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0445.CivBeyondSwordSave
    971.2 KB · Views: 16

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (184).png

Getting what appears to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn.

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0542.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Not sure if this has been reported already. When playing as the Scions your cottages etc don't appear on the map. Mousing over the tile will say that there's a cottage/hamlet/village/town, but you can't see one.

SVN Revision 350.

Not sure if this has been reported already. When playing as the Scions your cottages etc don't appear on the map. Mousing over the tile will say that there's a cottage/hamlet/village/town, but you can't see one.

SVN Revision 350.

I see i am not the only one with the problem i created an account only for posting these minor grafic issues.In my thread i have excatly 2 specific graphic bugs/issues.
Both occure with the non vanilla ffh civs.Invisible huts and missing farms and field graphics.
I spend hours in the XML files and the only solution i found, was not satisfying enough.https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/a-minor-graphic-issue-missing-farm-fields.675652/

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

This from the stable 14.11 version farm+field are there and the hut has the unique dural look

Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
SVN Version without farmfields and invisible hut improvement

Top Bottom