Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0381.CivBeyondSwordSave
    727 KB · Views: 18
Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 350.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Churel, CrimeBalanceTest, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Lizard Art, MagisterAshes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, and Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (196).png

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (197).png

Getting a repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter" at the end of this turn. The third time I replayed the turn I also got the attached python exception.

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (203).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0614.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Getting a repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter" at the end of this turn. Saved game attached.

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0658.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Python exception, screenshot attached. Non-fatal, the game didn't crash.

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (209).png

Getting a hang when I hit "Enter" at the end of this turn. Saved game attached. It's possible that eventually you get to the next turn, but after waiting several minutes I gave up and had to force-close.

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0475.CivBeyondSwordSave
    883.1 KB · Views: 14

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0437.CivBeyondSwordSave
    828.2 KB · Views: 14

SVN Revision 350.

Screenshot (210).png

SVN Revision 350.

Also in the same game, playing as the Bannor, when I captured Rinwell Isle the Garrison Commander I received did not have the Water Walking promotion, and I wasn't able to give him the promotion in World Builder. I noticed that when the Ljosalfar captured Rinwell Isle their Sagittar did have Water Walking. I don't know about other Fort Commander replacement UUs.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0512.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Python exception, screenshot attached. This caused a hang, and I had to force close.

SVN Revision 350.

I think this might have had to with the Mercurian Gate. After force-closing the game, I reloaded the save from the previous turn and resumed playing, then received the notification that Basium had been created. No python exception or hang this time, but it made me wonder if, at least in this instance, the original python exception had occurred when the Mercurian Gate was built. I'm not a programmer, so just speculating.

Screenshot (211).png

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn.

SVN Revision 350.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0435.CivBeyondSwordSave
    771.7 KB · Views: 13
I finally updated to SVN Revision 354 yesterday. I hadn't noticed that there were new revisions, so apologies for posting so many issues from Revision 350.

After some "Play Now" games to clear things, I selected the modules I wanted active. I had several crashes on startup, but was eventually able to start a game. Later after exiting it took several tries to reload a saved game. Today, though, I was able to reload a saved game on first try. What I've started doing is saving the game before exiting, instead of trying to reload the most recent Autosave.

Just a few issues:

1) I got a python exception -- again -- from the "Form Empire" event (I think that's what it's called) and the game went into a hang, so I had to force-close. I think this is the Minister Koun event, right? It doesn't always cause problems, I know: I reloaded an earlier saved game and was able to play through, eventually encountering Minister Koun himself.

2) The Mekaran leader Zaria Scheras is listed as an Emergent Leader but her Trait, Caretaker, doesn't level up. It might be easiest to just switch her to being an Important Leader so she can acquire a second Trait during gameplay. I'm not sure what actions would level up the Caretaker Trait anyway, maybe building the corresponding units? Or what Levels 2 and 3 of the Trait would provide.

3) I'm playing as Mordmorgan of the Lanun. Level 2 of the Virtuous Pirate Trait says that naval units get the Trade Defender promotion, but there's no description of that in the Civilopedia.

4) I disabled the Frozen module but the No Liberation option was still available under Custom Game. (In the past I would have the Frozen module active and select No Liberation, but I figured disabling the module was easier.) I don't know if this causes any issues or conflicts under the hood, but if so, it might make sense to link the No Liberation option with the Frozen module, so the option is available only when the module is active.

I finally updated to SVN Revision 354 yesterday. I hadn't noticed that there were new revisions, so apologies for posting so many issues from Revision 350.

After some "Play Now" games to clear things, I selected the modules I wanted active. I had several crashes on startup, but was eventually able to start a game. Later after exiting it took several tries to reload a saved game. Today, though, I was able to reload a saved game on first try. What I've started doing is saving the game before exiting, instead of trying to reload the most recent Autosave.

Just a few issues:

1) I got a python exception -- again -- from the "Form Empire" event (I think that's what it's called) and the game went into a hang, so I had to force-close. I think this is the Minister Koun event, right? It doesn't always cause problems, I know: I reloaded an earlier saved game and was able to play through, eventually encountering Minister Koun himself.

2) The Mekaran leader Zaria Scheras is listed as an Emergent Leader but her Trait, Caretaker, doesn't level up. It might be easiest to just switch her to being an Important Leader so she can acquire a second Trait during gameplay. I'm not sure what actions would level up the Caretaker Trait anyway, maybe building the corresponding units? Or what Levels 2 and 3 of the Trait would provide.

3) I'm playing as Mordmorgan of the Lanun. Level 2 of the Virtuous Pirate Trait says that naval units get the Trade Defender promotion, but there's no description of that in the Civilopedia.

4) I disabled the Frozen module but the No Liberation option was still available under Custom Game. (In the past I would have the Frozen module active and select No Liberation, but I figured disabling the module was easier.) I don't know if this causes any issues or conflicts under the hood, but if so, it might make sense to link the No Liberation option with the Frozen module, so the option is available only when the module is active.

Yeah, i haven't publicized the new commits as they are very minor ( apart from a new module we're testing). Any reports from 350 is still relevant. I'm trying to figure out the startup issues before delving into the more "mundane" bugfixing.

1)Yeah, that bug is still causing issues and i still haven't been able to make it happen on my end, making it hard to study. i'll probably release a version with Koun deactivated next while i gather more data on it.

2)She's one of the emergent not yet done, though i must admit i haven't thought much about what i want to do with her.

3) Thanks for the report on the missing pedia. Trade Defender is a promotion that gives you relation bonuses with your trade partners whenever you kill barbarians. Typically, all civs having a trade route with the city closest to the kill will get a bonus.

4) Options cannot be stored in modules at the moment, though i can see if i can make some display switch for it when the module is inactive.

4) Options cannot be stored in modules at the moment, though i can see if i can make some display switch for it when the module is inactive.

My main concern with this was whether it might be creating some hidden conflict. I suppose if a player disables the Frozen module and selects No Liberation -- presumably by mistake, since at that point it's redundant -- maybe it causes a problem, I don't know. Not a major issue, just something that caught my eye.

Getting what seems to be a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Loading the saved game (before the crash) took me several attempts, so hope you can load it more easily than I did.

SVN Revision 354

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Crime Balance Test, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Lizard Art, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    937.8 KB · Views: 11
So I'm now back to not being able to start even a Play Now game of this mod, as the game keeps crashing on startup.

SVN Revision 354.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Crime Balance Test, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Lizard Art, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

I decided to try disabling various modules to find a combination that works. When I tried disabling the Chislev Expansion module the Module Manager popped up with the following message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\ChislevExpansion' is denied.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\ChislevExpansion' is denied.
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.MoveTo(String destDirName)
at RifELauncher.FormModules.buttonCommit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9164 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RifELauncher
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Firaxis%20Games/Sid%20Meier's%20Civilization%204/Beyond%20the%20Sword/Mods/Ashes%20of%20Erebus/AoELauncher.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9149 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9153 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.9141 built by: WinRelRS6
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Following up on my previous post, it does seem that the Chislev Expansion module was the one causing my problem of crashing on startup. I tried disabling various modules and finally, when I disabled Chislev Expansion, I stopped -- at least so far -- getting crashes on startup.

I don't know which other module or modules the Chislev Expansion might conflict with, so here are the modules I have active: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Churel, Crime Balance Test, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Lizard Art, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

It's really too bad, actually, because I really liked the Chislev Expansion and thought it made them a lot more interesting than before. But I just couldn't test every possible combination of modules, otherwise if I knew where the conflict was I might disable a different module and enable Chislev Expansion.

SVN Revision 354.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Black Duke, Churel, Crime Balance Test, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Lizard Art, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0498.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom