1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Not a python exception, but I'm occasionally getting CtDs with this message popping up.
    Screenshot (38).png Screenshot (38).png

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

A few more crash dump files.

Attached Files:

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Python exceptions, screenshots attached. Screenshot (39).png Screenshot (40).png Screenshot (41).png

4. TheIO

TheIO Bugged

Don't think I've seen this one before:
    compress.png

Then looked at my autosaves and the new ones are capping at 325KB. Said saves are broke.

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

As mentioned in the other thread, I opened a discord server https://discord.gg/H3uqZN8 for the mod. Not sure how much we'll end up using it but it's there if needed. I plan to at least use it to discuss small future design stuff that's not solidified enough for a dev diary for example. It can also be useful for more hands-on debugging. I can better help with some issues when there's a live back-and-forth

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Non-fatal python exceptions, screenshots attached. Screenshot (43).png Screenshot (44).png Screenshot (45).png Screenshot (46).png Screenshot (47).png Screenshot (48).png

7. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Some crash dump files attached.

Attached Files:

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. Just hit "Enter."

Attached Files:

9. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

Hi all!
    I've got problems sometimes when I load a save.. I don't see any options in diplomacy... image attached
    Cattura.PNG

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Known issue, there'll be a fix for it next svn version ( which should be any day now, i've fix most of the issues i had with it)

11. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

thanks for info :)

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Some random crashes, dump files attached.

Attached Files:

13. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok, those last four crashes are permission errors. The game tries to access stuff it is not allowed to. either it's something in your file system ( in which case you should try running the game as admin) or it's a more serious access issue, but i'll have trouble tracking it down.

14. Alsark

Alsark Noble

Do you happen to remember who you were playing as when you were getting this problem? I think it might be related to playing civilizations that have a building blocked that leads to another building (such as Mage's Guild -> Catacomb Libralus, or Library -> National Epic). When I explicitly blocked off the ability to make any of those buildings in CivilizationInfos.xml, then I was able to load world builder. So for the Clan of Embers I added:

Code:
                    <Building>
                        <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_NATIONAL_EPIC</BuildingClassType>
                        <BuildingType>NONE</BuildingType>
                    </Building>
                    <Building>
                        <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_LIBRARY</BuildingClassType>
                    </Building>
                    <Building>
                        <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CATACOMB_LIBRALUS</BuildingClassType>
                    </Building>

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I did set it up to run as administrator, using the fix proposed by dvshi a few posts back.

I updated the SVN, so maybe I'll try deleting the mod and downloading the SVN for a clean installation and see how that works.

Meanwhile, getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn, just hit "Enter."

EDIT: Maybe disregard the previous crash dump files and this particular saved game, since they were with SVN Revision 305. I just noticed that you'd updated to Revision 310, so updating my SVN and going to give that a try.

Attached Files:

16. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

Cattura.PNG
    can't load saves after last update

17. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

hmmm, yeah rev 314 is save breaking. i forgot to mention that in the changelog. You can revert to 313 as follows : (right click on the folder, choose tortoisesvn / revert ) and then enter the id of the revision you want to get back to.

18. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

same thing on 313

19. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

When did you start that save ? (also remember to clear the cache when you're having issues)

20. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

I start this saves about 303 before xml cleanup commit, sorry I use this mod just now.. I don't know many things :) clear the cache where? I don't have civ on steam