Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Playing with SVN Revision 315, happy to report that the only crashes I seem to be getting occur when I try to load an Autosave, and not always, ie, often the Autosave loads without a problem. When I do get a crash, I select the "Debug" option, which nearly always fixes the problem. Sometimes I have to load, crash, and Debug more than once, but that's rare.

Anyway, I've attached the Crash Dump files from after I updated to 315, if they're helpful.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.12084.zip
    61.3 KB · Views: 135
Hi there! After a long long long lack of playing FFH2 or its modmods I wanted to play it again, but I'm having some issues. I've installed through the SVN option, and I think I've got 3 issues so far:

1. I keep getting the "Barbarians are at our gates!" prompt, without barbarians being at my gate.. and though i can select all options (including the aggressive/elohim one without meeting requirements), none of them actually do anything
2. Mana display seems to be broken, it doesnt display images
3. I can't actually interact with any of the AI civs

These have happened in all my games so far (at least 5).

A screenshot of all issues can be found in the following img album:
https://imgur.com/a/He4ok

Any way to combat these?

all of those are indicators of a serious python issue that pops up on certain computers. One way to help with it is to put both the launcher and the BTS exe in administrator mode and windows 7 compatibility mode if you're not on Windows 7

That fixed diplomacy and the barbarian popup, which makes it properly playable, thanks!
But I still don't have icons for mana. Is there any solution to that? Note that Im not actually getting any python popups

Hm, no, im not seeing any of those either. I do have 3.19 though, as can be seen here:

IIRC there is a bug with some versions where it says it's 3.19 but its not really and you have to manually apply the patch anyway. So you might try doing that.

I got the error in the image below. I've tried reinstalled BTS for the fourth time, uninstalling all other civ 4 (vanilla, warlords), I've moved it from my SSD to my C:\ drive but it keeps giving me this error.. Man this is frustrating :undecide:

Hate to ask a question twice but is it a bug on my end or does the Queen of the Line unit really have no combat animations?

Whenever i reinstall the game, i do it this way :
Civ4
Civ4 Patches
Warlords
Warlords Patches
BTS
BTS Patches (finishing with the 3.19)

Never got an issue

I just did this exact order, but I am using Steam with the ultimate edition, so patches are applied automatically. Didn't work :( Do you use Steam or are you using Civ4 outside of Steam?

And since Ive been trying to install 3.19 seperately, I cant change the resolution of AoE anymore. I can change vanilla's resolution (although only after swapping to windowed mode). I did fix this by going into _civ4config file and setting it to 1920x1080, but still a weird error to suddenly appear.

Last edited:
Revision 317, when I click on the icon to hire Mercenaries, the Mercenaries screen does not appear. I think this started with 315 or 316, when the Dynamic Traits screen and icon were added.

Top Bottom