Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok, 304 should be ok but 305 was save breaking too. so 303 or 304 for that save ^^ the cache is at User/AppData/Local/My Games/ BTS, just delete the cache folder.

2. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

yes 304 works.. my diplomacy bug remains my friend for now :hug::mischief:

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

What you can do for that is just update the CvDiplomacy.py to the latest update, that should work. ( do what you usually do to update but just on that file)

4. Charbonnier

Charbonnier Chieftain

thanks! i'll try :)

5. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Playing with SVN Revision 315, happy to report that the only crashes I seem to be getting occur when I try to load an Autosave, and not always, ie, often the Autosave loads without a problem. When I do get a crash, I select the "Debug" option, which nearly always fixes the problem. Sometimes I have to load, crash, and Debug more than once, but that's rare.

Anyway, I've attached the Crash Dump files from after I updated to 315, if they're helpful.

Attached Files:

6. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

Hi there! After a long long long lack of playing FFH2 or its modmods I wanted to play it again, but I'm having some issues. I've installed through the SVN option, and I think I've got 3 issues so far:

1. I keep getting the "Barbarians are at our gates!" prompt, without barbarians being at my gate.. and though i can select all options (including the aggressive/elohim one without meeting requirements), none of them actually do anything
    2. Mana display seems to be broken, it doesnt display images
    3. I can't actually interact with any of the AI civs

These have happened in all my games so far (at least 5).

A screenshot of all issues can be found in the following img album:
    https://imgur.com/a/He4ok

Any way to combat these?

7. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

all of those are indicators of a serious python issue that pops up on certain computers. One way to help with it is to put both the launcher and the BTS exe in administrator mode and windows 7 compatibility mode if you're not on Windows 7

8. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

That fixed diplomacy and the barbarian popup, which makes it properly playable, thanks!
    But I still don't have icons for mana. Is there any solution to that? Note that Im not actually getting any python popups

9. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

do you have the icons for Happiness and Health ? if not, you may be missing the 3.19 bts patch

10. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

Hm, no, im not seeing any of those either. I do have 3.19 though, as can be seen here:

11. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

IIRC there is a bug with some versions where it says it's 3.19 but its not really and you have to manually apply the patch anyway. So you might try doing that.

12. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

I got the error in the image below. I've tried reinstalled BTS for the fourth time, uninstalling all other civ 4 (vanilla, warlords), I've moved it from my SSD to my C:\ drive but it keeps giving me this error.. Man this is frustrating :undecide:

13. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Whenever i reinstall the game, i do it this way :
    Civ4
    Civ4 Patches
    Warlords
    Warlords Patches
    BTS
    BTS Patches (finishing with the 3.19)

Never got an issue

14. PPQ_Purple

Hate to ask a question twice but is it a bug on my end or does the Queen of the Line unit really have no combat animations?

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

it apparently doesn't indeed.

16. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

I just did this exact order, but I am using Steam with the ultimate edition, so patches are applied automatically. Didn't work :( Do you use Steam or are you using Civ4 outside of Steam?

And since Ive been trying to install 3.19 seperately, I cant change the resolution of AoE anymore. I can change vanilla's resolution (although only after swapping to windowed mode). I did fix this by going into _civ4config file and setting it to 1920x1080, but still a weird error to suddenly appear.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  17. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

Ok ,to get 3.19 on steam, you need to choose it in the beta ( original_release unsupported)

18. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

Thank you! That worked.

19. PPQ_Purple

Time to do my magic than.

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Revision 317, when I click on the icon to hire Mercenaries, the Mercenaries screen does not appear. I think this started with 315 or 316, when the Dynamic Traits screen and icon were added.