1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Alsark

Alsark Noble

That was my bad, as I helped port over the Dynamic Trait system and added an extra line somewhere that broke the mercenary system. The issue is caught and fixed, but the fix hasn't been committed yet. You could either wait for that, or if you're comfortable editing Python (you can do so in Notepad): open Mods\Ashes of Erebus\Assets\python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py

Search for: inputClass.getFunctionName() == "TraitButton")

Two lines below that you'll see a "return 0". Delete that line.

This should be save game compatible. Also, something I've noticed is that when I make manual changes to files, it doesn't update those files when I do a full SVN update. So when the SVN update goes live, you'll need to right click the file, go to TortoiseSVN, then revert and press OK. Then you right click again and hit SVN Update. That should give you back the little green checkmark.

2. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

I'll wait for the next revision, it's not that big a deal.

3. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

it'll probably arrive tomorrow

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Screenshot (62).png Screenshot (63).png

Something weird happening with the diplomacy, everybody is Friendly with me -- REALLY friendly. I didn't take a screenshot of it, but when I mouse over the diplomacy scores I see, among other things, "+50 We have a good history." Interestingly, the AI civs are not like that with each other.

5. black_imperator

yeah, i tested some new diplomacy tag and forgot to remove it before commiting. will be fixed next commit.

6. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

Hi! First of all; I want to say well done to the bugsquashers and stability improvers over the last couple of years! The game is running waaaaay smoother than I remember it doing during RifE days, and Im having a ton of fun! You have my sincere gratitude for keeping up the hard work!

That said, it's still not bugless (nor do I assume it ever will be) :crazyeye: I believe my current save is getting a CTD on a Hyborem summon (I assume by the Merkara as they're the only Ashen Veil civ in game) as seen on the picture added, and the save added. Any way of bypassing this crash?

Attached Files:

7. black_imperator

is it svn version or release one ?

8. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

SVN 316

9. black_imperator

ok, i'll take a look, thanks

10. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

I may have jynxed myself, as my following game as Sheiam is also giving me a CTD. It happens at the end of my turn, seemingly before other civs get to their turn, but I'm not finishing production or research this turn. I did however just found Ashen Veil this turn, but converting to it or not the crash happens. SVN 316, like before. If I need to provide any additional information, please let me know.

Edit:
    Just as more info:
    I am starting the game through AoElauncher.exe with Windows 7 Compatability mode (not a shortcut linking to it) and as admin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  11. black_imperator

Yeah, something i forgot to ask for the earlier save too ? what modules are you using ?

12. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

For Sheiam I've added the last 10 turns, for the Amurites save (with Hyborem crash) I'm afraid my autosaves are gone, but I do have turn 571 (crash is at 580) and 2 even earlier ones added. I assume the earlier ones are useless, but I thought I might as well add them.

Modules used are all the default ones.

BannorChainofCommand
    BlackDuke
    Dural
    Frozen
    GreatestPeople
    Hamstalfar
    MoreEvents
    PPQ_Flavor

Attached Files:

13. black_imperator

ok, perfect, i'll check the saves this week-end. Usually, a recurring crash like that is something i can fix relatively easily.

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

A couple of non-fatal python exceptions, screenshots attached. This is with Revision 317.

Screenshot (64).png Screenshot (65).png

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

A couple of non-fatal python exceptions. Screenshot (67).png Screenshot (68).png

16. black_imperator

if you have a save file with those, i'd be interested, i have no idea what the error is for some of those.

17. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

I didn't keep those saves, sorry, I thought the screenshots would be enough for you. I exited, reloaded the most recent autosave, and was able to play normally.

18. black_imperator

i expected them to be enough too when i first saw them, and for one of the four, it was.

19. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

since we're doing python pop-ups... :)

File "CvSpellInterface", line 156, in canCast
    File "string", line 0, in ?
    File "CvSpellInterface", line 5719, in reqFrozenLands
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getTeam'

this one repeats every few turns

20. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

This particular python exception has been recurring since I loaded my most recent autosave. Non-fatal, not causing a CtD, Screenshot (70).png