Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Playing as the Chislev for the first time in a long time and encountered two issues:

1) Although the Chislev can research religious techs they can't build temples, so lack a Tier 1 Disciple Unit to do a +20 Culture burst and pacify a newly conquered city, which slows them down in war. I don't think they need to be able to build temples necessarily, but I would suggest giving them a Tier 1 Disciple Unit. Not sure what to call it: Story Teller?

2) A Totem in one city doesn't provide replica Totems in nearby cities, as described in the Civilopedia. I don't know if the 'pedia is out of date or if the system isn't working as intended, but either way I thought it needed to be reported.

SVN Revision 359.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.
the totem is definitely one of those things i've forgotten to reintegrate from the reset. I'll look into it, but it may take a while.
Agreed on the disciple, i'll think about it.

Do you mean that you cannot reload your save or that bts itself doesn't start ?
The game fails, without a message. Attempts to reload the last save also just… stop… without a message.

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to play a game past 500 turns.

If you could point me at a way to retrieve diagnostics I’d get them.

Last edited:
I'm randomly getting this python exception when I scroll around the map. I've also attached a saved game, in case that might help. Seems to happen when I scroll into Illian territory. I had the same problem in an earlier game -- as I recall it was when I was mousing over into Frozen territory, so might have something to do with the terrain?

SVN Revision 359.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (278).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0328.CivBeyondSwordSave
    736.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm randomly getting this python exception when I scroll around the map. I've also attached a saved game, in case that might help. Seems to happen when I scroll into Illian territory. I had the same problem in an earlier game -- as I recall it was when I was mousing over into Frozen territory, so might have something to do with the terrain?

SVN Revision 359.

View attachment 662815
that's fixed next version ^^

that's weird, because there was a real thing here ^^
Not being a programmer, I don't have an explanation other than the ordinary user's explanation that sometimes rebooting the computer fixes problems.

Still, glad you were able to fix whatever the problem was, since my impression was that the "unidentifiable" python exceptions were hard to track down.

Not being a programmer, I don't have an explanation other than the ordinary user's explanation that sometimes rebooting the computer fixes problems.

Still, glad you were able to fix whatever the problem was, since my impression was that the "unidentifiable" python exceptions were hard to track down.
usually yeah, but this one was luckily causing an error that the dll debugger i use could catch ^^ (meaning it was internal to the available civ4 code instead of happening to a secondary library or to the little bit of hardcoded code in the exe)

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 359.

Screenshot (280).png

Getting an apparent repeatable CtD when I hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 359.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0510.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I'm guessing that having multiple copies of The Flying Patrian is a bug connected to being resurrected in the capital. Screenshot attached.

I've also attached a save game in case it might be helpful.

SVN Revision 359.

Screenshot (281).png

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0610.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

On an unrelated note, Scion cities start with zero unhealthiness, which shouldn't be the case, or else they wouldn't need all those health buildings. I guess when we reverted to an earlier SVN Revision we reverted to a version of the Scions that has no unhealthiness, since I remember that was fixed subsequently.

SVN Revision 359.

Screenshot (283).png

On an unrelated note, Scion cities start with zero unhealthiness, which shouldn't be the case, or else they wouldn't need all those health buildings. I guess when we reverted to an earlier SVN Revision we reverted to a version of the Scions that has no unhealthiness, since I remember that was fixed subsequently.

SVN Revision 359.

View attachment 663434
Indeed, the scion stuff is something we've lost in the reset. I'll try to get it back for next version (tentatively for the end of the week)

Revision 360 is out :
Dyn Traits are Back !
Also, multiple bugfixes and a new module

Objectives for the upcoming versions is to balance the dyntrait stuff and start integrating Important leaders in the system

I wasn't sure where to post this, and I'm also not sure if it is a bug or not, but I've noticed that in the most recent revision (360) Elder Malasa of the Hamstalfar seems to be getting multiple emergent traits like Virtuous Pirate, Hydromancer, Scorched Earth, etc. I first noticed this in a multiplayer game where he was an AI, and have since played as him to check. Attached is a save game where this issue occurred. He already has 4 emergent traits by turn 13.

Attachments

• Elder_Malasa_Multiple_Emergent_Traits_360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    157.5 KB · Views: 6
I wasn't sure where to post this, and I'm also not sure if it is a bug or not, but I've noticed that in the most recent revision (360) Elder Malasa of the Hamstalfar seems to be getting multiple emergent traits like Virtuous Pirate, Hydromancer, Scorched Earth, etc. I first noticed this in a multiplayer game where he was an AI, and have since played as him to check. Attached is a save game where this issue occurred. He already has 4 emergent traits by turn 13.
Thanks for the report, it is indeed a bug. It'll be fixed next version.

SVN Revision 360.

Screenshot (284).png

Top Bottom