Asia 1916 help needed

Flak509

Warlord
Hello

I Love historical scenarios, ive previously made a Europe 1919 game going up to 1945, with all nations and lots of tech and units. Same i made for Africa 1965.

Now i want to make an Asian edition, taking place around the time of the Chinese and Russian revolutions.
I got my map and my Civs and im using the TGW 2.1 mod for units.

I need some kinda idea of how the situation with the Russian revolution in the East Russia is, where are the Whites and the Reds. All maps i can find only shows Western Russia, i know it was mainly in the West it was fought but surely the East part didnt just sit and wait.

Perhaps you might get more help in the History forums near the bottom of the main page. :)

It took a while for the Bolsheviks to get to Siberia. Both the Japanese and the US put in occupying forces in the Vladivostok area, and then you also had a bunch of Czechs fight their way across Russia to Siberia to get evacuated. You might want to take a look at a good historical atlas to get a better idea as to what was going on.

Ive not been able to find a historical map of the revolution in east russia, but ive been looking up the history of the east russian provinces and found what you are sayn too timerover51. Kazahstan, Tajikistan, Yakutia and The Vladivostok (Provisional Priamurye) area all fought the Bolsjevics until October 25, 1922 with Japanese aid. I think also ill have to make it 1919 to fit both revolutions in into the scenario.

So this far for my scenario i have following Civs

China
Nationalist China
Maoist China
Hunan Province
Guangdong Province
Yanan Province
Sichuan Province
Charhar Province
Shanxi Province
Jehol Province
Xinjiang Province
Qinghai Province
Tibet Province
Inner Mongolia
Shandong Province

Russia
Soviet Russia
Yakutia
Alash A. Khazakstan
Provisional Priamurye
Bash. Tajikistan

Colonial
British Far East Colonies
French Indochina

Independent
Japan
Phillipines (US Presence)
Nepal
Bhutan
Mongolia
Siam
(Korea) Gets taken over in first turn. Maybe to be removed completely

some real progress now, first test game

Attachments

• mao1.JPG
    mao1.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 532
I being scatter brained at the moment have listed my thoughts in no discernable order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_era - Good resource for info.

http://unimaps.com/ - good maps resource

Mao didn't control nearly that much territory, as a matter of fact the Communist Party of China didn't yet exist in 1916. But they should be included should the scenario extend to right before the Japanese invasion of Manchuria.

I would:
-Create a Gansu (Kansu) province. Gansu was mostly controlled by Hui Muslims, and historically not controlled by the Nationalists until 1936.
-remove Qinghai province and divide it among Tibet province and Xinjiang Province, and maybe a Gansu (Kansu) province (since at that time Qinghai was sort of under Tibetan/Uyghur/Hui Muslim control).
-I would not make western China so "improved" since it was mostly desert, and remains largely underdeveloped to this day. (So liberally delete mines and roads in Tibet, Xinjiang, Qinghai, Inner Mongolia, Outer Mongolia, What the Maoists control on your map).
-not quite sure why there are random patches of desert around Shanghai
-the Nationalists had trouble sticking together, so often rival factions/warlords gained control of the party and "Central" government shifted between Anhui and Guandong. Later the Nationalists, under Sun Yatsen (Sun Zhongshan) regrouped in Guandong and fought something of a civil war within a civil war, after which Chiang Kaishek (Jiang Jieshi) led his National Revolutionary Army on a "Northern Expedition"

Oh shoot, I'm rambling again... Oh well, that's the overall picture, not to different from what you already have, which is pretty good, and I think this has become a run-on sentence...

oh my god a scenario of the fall of the han dynasty with the yellow turbans and the whole three kingdoms era would be the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom