Asian Dragon 23/07/07

Orthanc

Shipwright
Requested by Stormrage, last September, possibly August, here's a dragon as they are imagined in the orient. Comes with standard fire breathing and not so standard lightning attacks, and some funky slithering for the run and fidget animations. I know the civilopedia entry I give with this talks alot about floods, but alas, there's really no rain animations. meh.

Also comes with two different civilopedia images!

Download:
Asian Dragon

And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHHTTTT!!!

Orthanc,
Great unit, model and animations are top notch!:goodjob:

Not to take anything away from this spectacular unit, but using a larger frame will allow you to get more of the attack animations visible in some directions. I find myself using a 240x240 frame almost always these days, just in case I add an animation that extends away from the character. Anyways, great job.

Excellent work, Orthanc! Too bad I don't happen to have a use for an oriental dragon at the moment.....

This Asian dragon could totally kick a European dragon's ass! Superb modeling, animations and effects, Ortho! You rock!

Excellent work, Orthanc! Too bad I don't happen to have a use for an oriental dragon at the moment.....

But... you run the Final Fantasy mod! That's like the craziest thing in existence! And there's no room for a kickass dragon?! Make it a Hikaro-Dragon, a UU to whoever, ;).

Absolutely fabulous. :goodjob:

Going straight into the 7 Kingdoms mod. :D

This is definitely a work of utter beauty! This is one of the funnest units I've ever seen...and I'm definitely tempted to add him to Sei-i Taishogun, but alas, there would be no practical room for him. But damn it, I'm sure there's some others that will be using this thing nicely in their mods and scenarios.

Good job on an excellent unit! :goodjob:

Awesome unit! :D

Oh, and Hikaro, what about as a Leviathan for some Civs?

EDIT: Looks kinda like the Dark Elf Dragon, Clapper, King and Ging Ryu, Pale Dims, Shadow Dragon things from FF4. They're all Oriental Dragons.

Oh, and Hikaro, what about as a Leviathan for some Civs?

I was just thinking the same thing! The dragon does indeed resemble the Leviathan Guardian Force summon from Final Fantasy VIII, so it should surely find a place within the scenario/mod.

Yes! It fits as the FF8 GF perfectly! :D The one you had before hand Hikaro could just be the FF7 one, IIRC it looked more like that one anyways!

That's a fantastic unit: a great model, beautifully animated, and really impressive special effects too. Brilliant work. I think the clouds in particular work really well and add a very distinctive touch.

Top Bottom