Ask A New Zealander

Zardnaar

Deity
A thread I thought I would start for a more positive discussion. Anyway feel free to ask me anything about NZ and I will do the best i can to answer. I do not know everything and there are parts of the country I have not been to.

Politics, religion etc are all fine.

Is it true 1 out of every 160 New Zealanders helped in the production of the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Not 100% sure on the exact number but a large amount did yes. A farmer for example let them store movie sets in his barn (for free).

I understand that weather-wise NZ is an upside-down version of California, that the northern island resembles southern California while the southern island resembles northern California. True?

I understand that weather-wise NZ is an upside-down version of California, that the northern island resembles southern California while the southern island resembles northern California. True?

True enough it's not exact but yeah. Far north is semi tropical deep South is a bit more like England or Scotland.

how are the golf courses?

are there more sheep than humans?

I understand the merino wool industry is big down there

I don't play golf so idk.
There are more sheep than humans. Dairy is the big earner now.

Would you ever consider going vegan?

are you guys on the same tectonic plate as Australia, like where the edge is running into the Pacific plate and getting pushed upward?

are you guys on the same tectonic plate as Australia, like where the edge is running into the Pacific plate and getting pushed upward?

Nope own plate 90% under water. It's called Zealandia

Could you recommend me a historical novel about the years in which Maori people arrived to NZ? and one about the years in which the europeans meet Maori people?

I went on my honey moon to NZ, just say that the country is awesome and people was wonderful

Could you recommend me a historical novel about the years in which Maori people arrived to NZ? and one about the years in which the europeans meet Maori people?

I went on my honey moon to NZ, just say that the country is awesome and people was wonderful

NZ colonial history doesn't interest me. The first doesn't exist afaik, the second might. NZ literature also doesn't interest me that much.

Top Bottom