1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a persian.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by caketastydelish, Aug 10, 2010.

1. illram

illram Deity Retired Moderator

2. TomYo689

TomYo689 Emperor

Was there posts that got deleted? I don't see it

Moderator Action: Now they are deleted...

3. Wondering Kid

Wondering Kid Prince

Umm, I had a couple questions. This is still on, right?

1) What qualifies as "a Westerner" for the Iranian regime? I ask this because I was wondering if a Peruvian would face impediments to visit Iran as a tourist.

2) Is Iran safe, as in; delinquency is low or high? In Peru we have to worry a lot about pickpockets, unfortunately.

4. Oerdin

Oerdin Deity

Serious questions:

1) Why are Iranian women so god awful hairy? They would often other wise be rather attractive but unless she regularly waxes half of them would have mustaches and back hair and that's just not very attractive.

2) Why do Iranian men feel the need to bath themselves in an entire oil drum of cologne? I'll use a bit of fragrance now and then (one tiny spray) but so many other wise well off Iranians seem to think if they proverbially dump a bottle of perfume on themselves then that means they don't have to actually bath or wash their clothes. It's one of the more disgusting Iranian cultural traits I've run across.

5. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

And you're intimately familiar with a lot of Iranian women's backs, are you?

6. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

I like those Iranian women for no reasons. For those Iranian men, not big fan of them.

7. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Please. :rolleyes: I don't think there's any evidence for this actually being true, and even if it is, the answer should be apparent (genetics).
    Are you iranian?

Anyway, I always take at least one bath a day and of course I wash my clothes. I do put on cologne though. My dad (who is 100% Iranian, and from Iran) is the same way.
    I honestly am not sure, although I doubt it.
    I wouldn't know about this either, but given Iran's poverty rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was high. Then again I know Islamic law sees thievery as a highly punishable offense. What I can promise you is Iran has much worse of a driving problem than a pickpocket problem. Most of the drivers in Iran do not even bother to follow the rules of the road. For example, instead of staying in one lane, the lanes just 'overlap' because people will often stay between the two lanes. All sorts of things like that. For the traffic problems, Tehran is considered by some of the Iranians I've talked to as 'the worst city in the world'.

8. Oerdin

Oerdin Deity

I'm sorry it upsets you but, yes, they are hairy, hairy, hairy. Sure, it's genetics but one wonders why that particular group ended up with so much body hair while the rest of humanity didn't. Also, I am not Iranian but I do happen to live in and grew up in an area with a lot of Iranians and have dated two Iranian women in the past. Sadly, it is entirely true that Iranian men seem to dump gallons of perfume on themselves all the damn time. Over the years I've heard tons of complaints about it while hanging out with Iranian friends.

The rule you guys should remember is don't wear fragrance unless it is a special occasion and when you do apply it one spray is more than enough while your typical Iranian seems to use 6-12 sprays which is way to much and pisses off everyone else around you. It's truly a deplorable cultural trait.

9. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I honestly don't know what you're implying.

Congrats.
    I don't really know what to tell you. I'm Iranian and I only apply a moderate amount of cologne, and my dad who is also Iranian does the same thing. I'll never forget my first middle school dance :lol: and he said "only obnoxious males put on lots of cologne".

10. ace99

ace99 Deity

I'll let John McCain answer that:

11. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I'm not a fan of Iran's current president (or regime for that matter) in the least, but McCain doesn't really have a point here.

12. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

His point is that he is a racist old coot.

13. Kartoffelvampir

Kartoffelvampir Chieftain

What do you think of the British-Soviet invasion of Persia during World War II?

14. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Not an expert on that, but Iran clearly chose the losing side of the war didn't they?

15. Kartoffelvampir

Kartoffelvampir Chieftain

Not really - Persia was neutral. They had better relations with Germany than with Britain and Russia, but then again, neither of those two States were shy about their ambitions in Central Asia and the Middle East.

Also, the attack started in August 1941: two months after the Invasion of Russia, and 3 BEFORE the attack on Pearl Harbour. At this point, the axis weren't really the losing side.

Link to the Wikipedia-Page: Invasion of Iran

16. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

It's no secret that Iran's regime at the time sympathized with Germany and spited the allies and that side ended up losing. My dad told me about this story.

17. trader/warrior

trader/warrior Deity

Any thoughts on the presidential election win of Rouhani? Will he be a real reformist?

18. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Even if he wants to be he can't because the Ayatollah has the real power.

19. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

How do you view Iranian support of Assad?

20. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

The Iranian government supports Assad but the majority of the Iranian people do not. I personally do not support Assad, because:

1) He isn't leaving
    2) More and more people in Syria are getting killed because he stays in power by force
    3) the majority of the Syrian people do not want him in power.