Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Moscow area the nature is safe, there are almost no dangerous animals apart from humans. It's very rare that somebody gets sick from tick bite. There are poisonous vipers, but also almost never deadly. Comparing to Australia it's safe haven here.

But living in "human anthill" I sometimes dream of moving someplace like Pitcairn island :)

Some of those smaller Russian towns and cities look quite nice.

I couldn't handle an apartment long term.

IMG_20200920_094707.jpg

I need sky, greenery and water. St Petersburg looks amazing but I couldn't handle living there long term. Same as NYC I suppose.

IMG_20200704_101936.jpg

Last edited:
Watching news from 1990 is both interesting and sad. Events outside of USSR and Eastern Europe were barely mentioned.
Difficult time, ethnic conflicts spark here and there. Massacre in Baku, protests in Baltic States, endless blah-blah by Gorbachov.
The guy could speak literally for hours not telling anything substantial.

Videos from 70-s are sometimes boring, but many of them are much more optimistic and inspiring.

Brightened by the light of the Sun.
Strengthened by our truth.
Our homeland - revolution.
The only one we are faithful to!

In Moscow area the nature is safe, there are almost no dangerous animals apart from humans. It's very rare that somebody gets sick from tick bite. There are poisonous vipers, but also almost never deadly. Comparing to Australia it's safe haven here. But living in "human anthill" I sometimes dream of moving someplace like Pitcairn island :)

ALL LIES
Only 12 are deadly, and will kill you for sure, the rest are only poisonous and will probably not kill you. ...... probably
I wanna live in Osaka, the food center of Japan

Australia has around 140 species of land snake, and 32 recorded species of sea snakes. Some 100 Australian snakes are venomous, although only 12 are likely to inflict a wound that could kill you.

ALL LIES
Only 12 are deadly, and will kill you for sure, the rest are only poisonous and will probably not kill you. ...... probably
I wanna live in Osaka, the food center of Japan

Australia the one place where you can get stung, bit, poisoned and I hear the wildlife is a bit rough.

Australia the one place where you can get stung, bit, poisoned and I hear the wildlife is a bit rough.
And you can't escape them by climbing up a ladder.
Approximately 550 people in Australia are admitted to public hospitals with snake bites each year, and there is an average of two deaths per annum.
During 2002-2012, 41,092 were hospitalised and there were 226 deaths due to ladder-related falls.
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/scien...ies-are-falling-ladders-and-landing-hospitals

Su-30 Flanker was shot down during military drills in Tver region, north of Moscow.
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020...suspected-in-russian-fighter-jet-crash-a71524

Apparently, another fighter plane was supposed to make a photoshoot of Su-30, but accidentally fired 30-mm autocannon at it.
Plane crashed, pilots successfully ejected, both alive.

Sadly, the anecdote about Russian police making most hits at warning shots applies to military as well.

Su-30 Flanker was shot down during military drills in Tver region, north of Moscow.
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020...suspected-in-russian-fighter-jet-crash-a71524

Apparently, another fighter plane was supposed to make a photoshoot of Su-30, but accidentally fired 30-mm autocannon at it.
Plane crashed, pilots successfully ejected, both alive.

Sadly, the anecdote about Russian police making most hits at warning shots applies to military as well.

Shooting your own stuff is more American lol.

Ivan .......... too much vodka !
I learnt that Ivan made Vodka bottles that can only be opened once, as they expected the entire bottle to be consumed like water. Yank also this alcohol.problem in the poor parts until they discovered opiodes.

Koltsovo - one of Soviet "naukograds" founded in 1970-s. Located near Novosibirsk.
The town survived collapse of the USSR and remains a major research center in modern Russia.
One of Russian covid vaccines is being developed here.

Is there a reason that many Russian churches are painted that beautiful blue colour?

TIL 14 Liters of Vodka and 250 Liters of Kvass is consumed per person per year in Russia
What dose it taste like ? (Kvass) Iam guessing its similar to Ginger beer ?

Is there a reason that many Russian churches are painted that beautiful blue colour?
Apparently, blue was holy color for the Mongols. So painting your house blue improved chances it would not be torched by raiding Tatars. At least that's the explanation I've heard.

Orthodox churches are most often white, IIRC. Just limestone color, like old Moscow city walls.
There are also light blue, light green or pink colors - don't think there's special system here.

Is real ?
What dose it mean in Russian though ?

Doctors sausage is real thing ?
We call them Devon Rolls here and well I had them when we were poor as well

What dose Tarhun taste like ?
It look similar to Stellvia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom