Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are Boris and Ivan?
Ivan ("Eye-Van") is a Western shorthand for Russia, the way Britain is "Tommy" and Germany is "Fritz". And any Iraqi whose name American soldiers don't know is "Mohammed" or "Abdul".

Boris is Life of Boris.

Ivan ("Eye-Van") is a Western shorthand for Russia, the way Britain is "Tommy" and Germany is "Fritz". And any Iraqi whose name American soldiers don't know is "Mohammed" or "Abdul".

Boris is Life of Boris.

Ivan is also shorthand for Russian.

Poms another one for Englishman.

I am not asking, I am telling how it is ... ;)

Contribution to Russian export market for glorious make benefit of Sputnik vaccine.
I was vaccinated with Sputnik today. I was originally a tad sceptical, but there has been no side-effects whatсоэвер... Я ам xoroshoo комплетели... отличная вакцина! Большое спасибо великому лидеру Путину! Да здравствует Россия!! Ура!!!

I was vaccinated with Sputnik today. I was originally a tad sceptical, but there has been no side-effects whatсоэвер... Я ам xoroshoo комплетели... отличная вакцина! Большое спасибо великому лидеру Путину! Да здравствует Россия!! Ура!!!

Very good seen something similar on Facebook but they put a comrade on the end of it.

As an evil western capitalist I'll probably get one of the American vaccines as our government has secured access to 4 of them.

Very good seen something similar on Facebook but they put a comrade on the end of it.
As an evil western capitalist I'll probably get one of the American vaccines as our government has secured access to 4 of them.

The whole pre-approval thing before phase 2 testing which Ivan is current carrying out
I guess its fine given the desperate situation.

Putin Caution on Russia Vaccine Raises Eyebrows in Argentina
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s comments Thursday about waiting to take the Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine due to his age, reverberated in Argentina where the government plans to use the shot to initially immunize priority groups including the elderly.
Sputnik V is finalizing trial data on 110 senior volunteers age 60 and above and results are expected by the end of the month
Russia has already started a mass vaccination program domestically for people 18-60 years old. Authorities have put the effectiveness of the shot at 91.4%.
Argentina will await the final results before importing the vaccines by plane

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...h-russia-vaccine-raises-eyebrows-in-argentina

Ivan not drinking Vodka for 2 months ? Impossible

Russians warned to avoid alcohol after receiving coronavirus vaccine
Health officials are warning anyone who receives Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine to stop drinking alcohol for two months over fears it could compromise its effectiveness.
Head of Russia's consumer health watchdog, Anna Popova told the Komsomolskaya Pravda radio station that alcohol could reduce the body's ability to build up immunity to the coronavirus.

Locals are calling the advice unreasonable and even the vaccine developer, Alexander Gintsburg, has said there is no need to completely abstain from alcohol.

https://www.9news.com.au/health/spu...-alcohol/5275dffd-9bda-492c-a45d-73071dea493e

Hi ! Just discovered a folk band from Russia and wanted to share, because I think it's great ! :) ( @Russians :Translations welcome - if You want - Thx) ! ;)

See Ya ! ;)

Happy New Year red_elk and the rest of your red_herd!

xmasmenu.png

Are Siberian pelmeni available in the (decadent) West of Russia?

I think they are on the menu because they are meaningful for several families who emigrated here from the Amur
Oblast* (via China) in the early 1960's.

* Could you ask Mr. Putin to please stop changing Russian oblast names. I can't remember the name of the eastern
oblast that's unusual because it had a large Jewish community.

New series about the Dyatlov Pass incident. Didn't watch it yet, but the trailers look promising.
Interesting coincidence that the leader of tourist group and the character from Chernobyl series ("not great not terrible") have the same last name.

Thanks. I know that particular Oblast. They came from a town that was very close to the Chinese border.
In fact, they said it wasn't all that different a life for them - they were very young when they had to flee.

I assumed Siberian Pelmeni were from their "home" region, but do Russians consider that Oblast to be "Siberian"?

In Australia, if you were sent to get something for a teacher from a distant part of the school grounds, that was "Siberia".

I assumed Siberian Pelmeni were from their "home" region, but do Russians consider that Oblast to be "Siberian"?
Never thought about it, to be honest. Yes, I guess it's either Far East or Eastern Siberia.
Siberian tigers live there, along Amur river. We call them Amur tigers.
So, probably pelmeni made there can be called Siberian too.

Of course the USA is entirely capable of creating the situation they are in all by themselves.
BUT...
If it was proven that Russian interference with American social media was the main cause of the USA fracturing into its current state, what would be the majority opinion in Russia now?
Well played Vladimir Vladimirovitch!
We should not have done it; the US never did anything to us.

Something else?

Of course the USA is entirely capable of creating the situation they are in all by themselves.
BUT...
If it was proven that Russian interference with American social media was the main cause of the USA fracturing into its current state, what would be the majority opinion in Russia now?
Well played Vladimir Vladimirovitch!
We should not have done it; the US never did anything to us.

Something else?
It's hard to answer this because nobody here takes "Russian interference" theory seriously.
Putin's supporters consider it just another case of anti-Russian paranoia by US.
Putin's critics believe even if he tried that, he wouldn't do serious damage because of total incompetence of Russian intelligence.

Russia is not perceived from inside as "evil and formidable" - it's either "good and formidable" or "weak and evil".

Majority would think America tasted its own medicine, probably.

Haven't heard this story before -
Adventures of Leo on his way to Russia. Funny fake Russian accent.

Same story told by Putin. "Mr. Di Caprio is a real man!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom