Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn stupid me , posting early as ı was fiddling with the picture !

0Emoz9P3.jpg

not like this at all , but Soviet Spits are kinda rare . Especially pictures of those which fought over Kuban , fired on BY Nazis AND Soviets quite simultaneously . 1943 and the location where the Reds learn they can fight in the air quite scientifically , instead of providing massive numbers of planes that will have to be shot down , before getting to work on the Soviet ground troops ... Especially rare where some guy supposedly becomes the Allied ace of aces with 80 and gets a death sentence from Stalin as a reward , because of not being a good enough Commie .

Good song :)

@r16 I don't get a word of what you are asking, sorry. :undecide:

Love it ! In Poland it is a "must sing" on every grill or campfire - without it You cannot say that You were on a Polish Grill or Campfire party ;)

edit: Another song that I personally like , it is also of Ukrainian origin I believe and it sounds epic.

Btw. It is not true all Poles do not like Ukrainians btw. ;) I know there have been some historical tensions but it does not cloud my opinion of Ukraine - Good People ! :) Let the past be in the past and let's build a better future together ! ^^ Slava

Last edited:
I have always found that Poles and Ukes get along just fine, at least here in Canaduh anyway... hell, we have basically the same food which is the beginning of all friendships :p

I live in Rzeszów (it is pretty close to our border with Ukraine) The same distance is from Rzeszów to Kraków like it is from Rzeszów to Lviv. (We used to call it Lwów - which means literally "Lions" don't ask me why that name came to be it is weird to call a city "Lions" to me too.... (not Lyons , which is in France and I don't know why to call a city Lyons too, but I digress....) . Anyway, my Ukrainians co-workers are all great and I might say they are trying harder and have better results than Polish workers. They are great at their jobs - I hope we will not make the same mistake like the whole "Brexit" guys did. Because they are a fantastic workers, great people and above all a wonderful human beings ! In a pinch I would say Ukraine People are great and very underestimated for their valour ! ;)

The same distance is from Rzeszów to Kraków like it is from Rzeszów to Lviv.
Which is about 150 kilometers , for Americans it is crazy short I guess while in the Old Country the distances are short like that. I have been always fascinated by the distances in America being so huge and in Europe so short ! I guess we have a little countries compared to the US , but it is astounding like when Your country is bigger (by territory) You make larger cars - what for ? I mean - transportation of large quantities of raw materials and goods might have been justified in the past byt now US just got bigger cars ! xD Conversely Japan have smaller cars even though to get from Osaka to Mt. Fuji takes like forever because the route is really very long , why do they have smaller cars ?! It is an eternal mystery for me ! xD

You should see the distances in Canaduh!! :) BTW, my grandfather was born near Lviv.
An honorable heritage ! ^^ People from Lviv are awasome - so was Your grandfather I bet.

Well, tbh, my grandfather was a fall-down drunk when I knew him but my grandmother said he was scarred by the memories of fighting in WWII as a teen... today we would call it PTSD... so he tried to drown out the screams with alcohol.

Heh ... It only does matter what You make of him , but in his defense - this was rather a harsh time ....

Ask Yourself - What You woul've done ?

damn stupid me , posting early as ı was fiddling with the picture !

View attachment 610463

not like this at all , but Soviet Spits are kinda rare . Especially pictures of those which fought over Kuban , fired on BY Nazis AND Soviets quite simultaneously . 1943 and the location where the Reds learn they can fight in the air quite scientifically , instead of providing massive numbers of planes that will have to be shot down , before getting to work on the Soviet ground troops ... Especially rare where some guy supposedly becomes the Allied ace of aces with 80 and gets a death sentence from Stalin as a reward , because of not being a good enough Commie .

They gave the Russians some second hand mkVs iirc. They weren't in the best condition essentially being RAF cast offs. They got better ones later newer MkIX iirc

I'm guessing not to many survived the war or were preserved if they did.

Beautiful planes anyway.

This is a kind of kill or be killed situation ....

Which bring us back to regiment 588 ! Glory to the witches !

Nazis have messed up their star in the heavens !! God bless "The Witches !" (Regiment 588)

Since we are having an evening of Slavic brotherhood, here's another video :)
It contains scenes from two historical movies, one is Russian based on novel by Nikolay Gogol, another is Polish, based on Henryk Sienkiewicz novel. The song is in Ukrainian.

^ Never heard this one before!
Ukrainian version is good too and lyrics is much more understandable to me, comparing to the Polish one :)
Spoiler :
I saw the Polish version first, but this one is cool too!

The trick is to look at every reply in a mirror, while hanging upside down from the ceiling.
Ranger One would approve :D

Adam made me an honary Slav!! (Ducks).
Honorary Slavs don't duck! :p Have a shot and lets clean this one:

I saw the Polish version first, but this one is cool too!

Ranger One would approve :D

Honorary Slavs don't duck! :p Have a shot and lets clean this one:

Adam may have been drunk. I'ma bad honary Slav not a fan of vodka or pork.

Traditional Slavic food also doesn't interest me much. To be fair neither does our traditional food.

I would go to a Russian restaurant though. How often do you see an English themed restaurant outside of England?

Adam may have been drunk. I'ma bad honary Slav not a fan of vodka or pork.
Yeah, vodka might a problem... we'll have to upgrade you later, but beer and dried fish with rye bread will have to do for now.

Yeah, vodka might a problem... we'll have to upgrade you later, but beer and dried fish with rye bread will have to do for now.

Not much of a fan of dried fish either. Or much of that food you posted.

I like salad, been, chicken, spices eg Arabic or Turkish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom