Asking AI not to spread religion in your lands as non-founder

Edaka

King
I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a long time now. I'm not sure what others think about it, but I think it's great being able to ask the AI to move troops away from your borders, stop purchasing tiles or settling near you, etc. You can also demand the AI to stop spreading its religion to your cities, but only if you've founded a religion yourself. What this means is that as a non-founder you gotta be ready to be constantly bombarded by missionaries from every possible founder in the game, resulting in massive religious division unhappiness.

I wish that you, as a non-founder, were able to ask to stop this missionary mayhem. My only concern about it is whether the AI would get how to use that. I mean, the current system is dead simple - if you've founded a religion and somebody starts spreading his own to you, you ask him to stop, because it's obviously hurting you. However, as a non-founder some of the religions founded by others you wish to get, but others you'd prefer to stay away.

So, what do the people say?

I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a long time now. I'm not sure what others think about it, but I think it's great being able to ask the AI to move troops away from your borders, stop purchasing tiles or settling near you, etc. You can also demand the AI to stop spreading its religion to your cities, but only if you've founded a religion yourself. What this means is that as a non-founder you gotta be ready to be constantly bombarded by missionaries from every possible founder in the game, resulting in massive religious division unhappiness.

I wish that you, as a non-founder, were able to ask to stop this missionary mayhem. My only concern about it is whether the AI would get how to use that. I mean, the current system is dead simple - if you've founded a religion and somebody starts spreading his own to you, you ask him to stop, because it's obviously hurting you. However, as a non-founder some of the religions founded by others you wish to get, but others you'd prefer to stay away.

So, what do the people say?

Think it would be too complicated for the AI to understand, but then again G have surprised me before.

By the way, you can't buy inquisitors as a non-founder anymore, right? Otherwise that would be a pretty good solution to your problem.

Personally I usually just take the easy way out and attack the nearest neighbor that actually founded a religion, stealing it.

Think it would be too complicated for the AI to understand, but then again G have surprised me before.

By the way, you can't buy inquisitors as a non-founder anymore, right? Otherwise that would be a pretty good solution to your problem.

Personally I usually just take the easy way out and attack the nearest neighbor that actually founded a religion, stealing it.

Oh crap, yes you can buy inquisitors. At least I was able to do so in my last non-religious playthrough. I rarely remember that inquisitors have that innate ability of stopping active religion spread. That makes this request look silly, I apologize.

Come to think of it: does the AI recognise that you have an inqiusitor in your city, so as not to pointlessly spend missionaries on it? I suppose I've just never used that feature :) But then I haven't seen the AI do that once, either, - is it able to?

Oh crap, yes you can buy inquisitors. At least I was able to do so in my last non-religious playthrough. I rarely remember that inquisitors have that innate ability of stopping active religion spread. That makes this request look silly, I apologize.
Hey, at least you didn't look as silly as I did, suggesting the mechanic was removed. Must have gotten it mixed up with how you can't buy inquisitors if the religion isn't enhanced.

Come to think of it: does the AI recognise that you have an inqiusitor in your city, so as not to pointlessly spend missionaries on it? I suppose I've just never used that feature :) But then I haven't seen the AI do that once, either, - is it able to?
In vanilla they did recognize it to some degree I think. I mean I did see AI missionaries(and even prophets) suiciding into cities with inquisitors, but it was pretty rare. And before getting Inquisitors I usually had multiple missionaries hitting my cities every turn.

Top Bottom