1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aspyr says the two CIV6 expansions are coming to the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by Boccages, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ezzlar, King Tyranny, fantsu and 3 others like this.
  2. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

Great news, Boccages! Thanks for sharing; hopefully we won't have to wait too long for these expansions! The Switch version would then finally feel truly complete (assuming there isn't still more content planned for the Steam version). :)

Boccages likes this.
  3. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Chieftain

This is fantastic news indeed. I feared the Switch release was a quick cash grab, but it seemed voting with the wallet has paid off.

Hopefully see it soon. I’m in no rush though, still getting to grips to the base game. Last Civ I played was Civ2!

fantsu, AtlantisAuthor and Boccages like this.
  4. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Chieftain

Btw I think the source of this is a comment on reddit left by an employee of Aspyr. However they have since modified their comment to exclude Switch from getting the expansions :(

Boccages likes this.
  5. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

Yes, that indeed is a distressing turn of event.

6. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

Ouch. That hurts. Hopefully this will end up being a case of an employee divulging long-term company intentions in an unauthorized fashion (aka a "leak"), which of course said company would quickly rush to deny until they're ready to make an official announcement.

At any rate, for now we're back to waiting for "official" news on the subject.

7. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

It just illustrates how badly communications are managed at Aspyr and 2K Games. It would not take much for either of them to say if they plan to further support a version of the game that has sold “beyond their expectations” or not.

Sometimes company executives don’t merit their highly paid salaries.

AtlantisAuthor likes this.
  8. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

can someone give the link to where they took back what was said?

9. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

oninowon likes this.
  10. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

This is absolutely amazing to hear. I hope we get Rise and Fall soon followed by Gathering Storm shortly after. We will just have to wait and see when exactly but fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later either way I’m happy.

11. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

IMO it does look like the Rise and Fall expansion will come out for the Switch. It seems like he said more than what he was authorized to say and had to amend his post. So it definitely looks like the ios will get the 2 expansions after which the Switch will most likely get them further down the line.

Boccages likes this.
  12. fantsu

fantsu Chieftain

Pretty sure they will release these on Switch. Game sell well enough. I dont think there is much hurdles on the way, as the base game is there already. Probably just few beakers needed here. :)

Boccages and King Tyranny like this.
  13. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

The only feature from Gathering Storm I don’t like is the world congress thing. It’s dumb, very ahistorical, weird.

I’d like to turn it off

Tw2Brick likes this.
  14. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

Personally I don’t mind it, I can see where some players would hate it though. For instance requesting aid when a volcano erupts or a flood which imo you settled near it so you shouldn’t be able to get help for these kinds of natural disasters. For the other things that go on within the world Congress I agree help with game play and styles of play. Ex. When playing as Eleanor she can drop loyalty of cities and if you get the option in world congress where you can vote for immigration policies where on one hand you get growth but in return lose loyalty making it easier to flip cities.

Boccages likes this.
  15. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

EDIT: Interesting if true. I would greatly appreciate being able to play the expansions on the go. The vanilla experience just feels so barren without them.

Boccages likes this.
  16. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

True. Again, except for the dumb World congress, Gathering Storm is a great expansion pack. But then again, Firaxis had to find something to spend the Favor currency on.

King Tyranny likes this.
  17. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

I hope it actually happens, since I refused (and still do) to buy the switch version becuase I don't want to play without all the major gameplay elements on PC. I can't go back to vanilla after having loyalty and golden ages and polders and terrace farms...

craney1987 and King Tyranny like this.
  18. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

I’ve never played PC but I have watched tons of gameplay. Besides the new civilizations added to the game through the expansions I think the gameplay mechanics is what really makes the game shine. Loyalty stop AI from forward settling you and allows flipping which is amazing. With GS expansion adds grievance system in place of the warmongering system. Which in my opinion is absolutely fantastic. No more declaring early war conquering cities and dealing with every Civ hating you for the rest of the game *wink* canals *wink*. I really hope Aspyr adds the expansions by the end of the year that might be asking for much but I think it’s possible I really don’t want to wait two whole years for both expansions.

19. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

I just hope there’s more communication from Aspyr about future plans for the switch version they’ve been completely silent since release. If there has been patches which I don’t think there was any since release. I know Aspyr isn’t really active on their twitter that often but getting some kind of feedback from them about plans for the switch would be amazing to hear even if patches and expansions aren’t coming soon. It still would be nice to hear they’re interested in improving the game.

20. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

I think more communication will be forthcoming after they release the expansions for iOS.

Boccages and King Tyranny like this.