1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aspyr says the two CIV6 expansions are coming to the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by Boccages, Feb 20, 2019.

1. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

I hope so. ANY communication would be an improvement at this point.

King Tyranny and Boccages like this.
  2. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

What's the strategy? Holding off in hope Switch buyers will buy it on iPhone or iPad? That's non consequential...
    Aspyr / 2K's communications are deficient.

3. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

Does anyone know if there is a platform Aspyr is more active on like another forum or a Facebook page? I know these expansions ain’t going to be as simple as copy paste, however if it’s going to take by the end of this year for Rise and Fall and then end of 2020 for Gathering Storm this is my assumption I could be wrong it might be sooner or it could be longer. Some players might lose interest, I love Civ so I’ll stick around for sure, but I’m curious how the developers of Civilization and Aspyr viewed the port to begin with. I’m also curious how well the game sold on the switch. The lack of communication is very worrisome and the lack of updates/patches since release is also worrisome. Aspyr please give us some info on what’s next.

Boccages likes this.
  4. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

Well, going by the origin of this thread I'd say Reddit's as good a bet as any. But in my experience (of which I've had a LOT dealing with many companies via campaigns and direct communication), I'll just say that it's typically VERY difficult to get so much as a reply back from most, let alone any hint of future plans. Companies hold things like that extremely close to the vest especially when a third party and/or licensing is involved, mostly in order to avoid any litigation.

Now that said, it would be very nice to hear something...anything substantial from Aspyr regarding whether/when they might have further plans to support Civ VI on the Switch. But remember, we're not just dealing with them; 2K/Firaxis are also involved and very likely have the last word on the subject of expansions and so on. Aspyr likely can't breathe a word without their say-so. Conversely, 2K/Firaxis is most likely to tell you politely to field any user questions to the manufacturer of the Switch version (Aspyr). You see where this is going, I'm sure.

King Tyranny and oninowon like this.
  5. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

I know a lot of publishers will hold off on announcing a product until they deem it time. One of the reasons is that if they announce it too soon there could be potential backlash from their customers waiting for the game, especially if the game is delayed or cancelled.

How long did it take for the Switch version to arrive after the iOS version anyway?

King Tyranny likes this.
  6. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

10 months

7. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

@King Tyranny Not sure what happened to your post. Got notification that you replied but your post seems to have disappeared. Anyway, I think the updates will come with the release of the 2 major dlcs.

8. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

My only hesitation is : are Switch players ready to pay the hefty price asked for these expansion packs ? I mean, Gathering Storm was priced just slightly lower than what Civilization VI cost at its launch. I don't think a Switch player is ready to shell out another $100 for 2 expansions when he paid $70 for the original game.

King Tyranny likes this.
  9. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

@oninowon yeah I didn’t really like the post I wrote so I deleted it. We can only hope that will be the case. Personally I think what the expansions bring that make the game better are the loyalty system and the grevience system. Yeah the new civilizations to play as are awesome but I really think the new systems fix a lot of the issues we deal with in the base game. With AI forward settling and the issue of everybody hating you for the rest of the game after one war. The expansions would be nice addition to the switch lets just hope they come sooner rather than later.

Boccages likes this.
  10. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

I got CIV on sale (around $40) and I'll just wait for another winter sale after each dlc comes out. If they never go on sale, I'll just wait for the pc complete edition.

What I'm waiting for really are the governors and weather effects/natural disasters. The loyalty system looks nice. Not heard of the grievance system though.

I saw your full post on the notification email and got confused when I did not see that post here. I thought Microsoft Edge was screwing with me again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019
  11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Easily willing to double-dip at full price. I suspect most fans are.

Tw2Brick and Boccages like this.
  12. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

I just bought Civ 6 on the Switch and will probably want to get GS also (but prolly not on PC/Mac RN). So is there any official release date or announcements?

Boccages likes this.
  13. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

No official announcement of either coming to the Switch. However, it seems most likely to come after the iOS versions.

Tw2Brick, blackbutterfly and Boccages like this.
  14. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

I don’t want to sound negative but it might be safe to assume we might not ever get GS expansion. Civilization IV came to switch back in September last year and we haven’t received any kind of updates or patches to this day. We are still on 1.0.2 and it’s been that way since September. With the lack of any response from Aspyr or Civilization IV developers it might also be safe to assume it was just a quick cash grab. Personally I’ve had to put the game away for awhile because I can’t seem to play it without running into the production bug and it seems a bit cheese against the AI. Yeah sure I could not just build builders but then my tiles wouldn’t be improved so I’m stuck at the moment. I have hope though as seeing the iOS receiving Rise and Fall and if they can release that expansion for a phone I’m pretty sure a Switch can handle it easily.

15. oninowon

oninowon Chieftain

I did not follow the history of the pc version but didn't further updates come with the expansions? Also, I've not come across the production bug. What civ have you been playing that does that?

16. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

It doesn’t seem to matter what Civ I play as. Just build some builders in a row in any city and now you have 1 turn production for everything until it bugs out and says -20858937.88 turns to build (whatever you’re trying to build) after that you have to switch production.

Boccages likes this.
  17. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

According to the FB page when it was posted that Rise & Fall has been released on iOS, the Switch version is receiving Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm some time this year. Forgive the formatting. I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of taking a screenshot right now. They had answered the question a lot on that post. Here's hoping it is true.

"

Chase Cheney Yes! Please port this to the Switch next.
    Most Relevant is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.