1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins and first strike

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by xalien, Jan 25, 2009.

1. xalien

xalien Prince

I know that when 2 units fight their first strikes cancel each other out. But what happens one of those units is assassin? Since he's immune to first strikes does he get to use his own first strike or is it cancelled out anyway?

E.g. assassin (1 strike, immune) attacks stoneskin mage (3 strikes) - their strikes get cancelled out first and then the assassin shrugs off the remaining 2 strikes or mage loses his strikes because assassin is immune and then assassin lands his strike on the mage?

2. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

3. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Prince

that's cool. Drill IV archer? no thanks, i've promoted to flankingIII! (does that give immunity? I cant remember...)

4. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

Pedia says it does

5. xalien

xalien Prince

Guess then mages need blur along the stoneskin to give them better chance against assassins.