Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 For $1... I And Many Others Just Got A .TXT File

Aleenik

Deity
Besides getting the story out, I am wondering the legality of what I did and what Ubisoft is doing. Would any of you happen to know? I'm American. Some in other forums said I did something illegal by purposely taking advantage of a website error. How was I supposed to know it was an error and not some huge super sale that lasted for 30 min or so anyways?

I bought Assassins Creed 1&2 bundle from Ubisoft website for $1. So did a lot of other people. It was only up for so long. All we get for buying the $1 Assassin's Creed bundle is a download for a text file lol. The text file says quote This is your game download. There where also some other things for $1 like the newest Splinter Cell, but that one actually worked. I was too late to buy that one though, as the price had already went back to normal. All the prices are back to normal now in fact.

At first I was like omg did I go to a scam website, but then I realized many people on many different websites were experiencing the same thing.

I am eager to find out what the heck is going on lol. I want to know if I get my games or not. If I don't get the games, I want my $1 back. Yes, I seriously do. I don't want to give Ubisoft a penny more than I have to. Also, they should be required by law to either refund my $1 or give me my purchase I would assume. The deal was an advertised deal and I payed for what was advertised. If they don't give me what I payed for, wouldn't that be fraud? Also, imagine how many people tried to buy the $1 Assassin's Creed bundle. If they didn't have to refund the money they just made some easy money.

Here is Kotaku reporting on the $1 Splinter Cell.
http://kotaku.com/5615475/id-buy-that-for-a-dollar

The .Txt file did kind of make me lol though. Made me feel like I got trolled by a company. Especially considering the words in the .Txt file. It says This is your game download.

In the UK, that would certainly violate the Sale of Goods Act 1974 (I think that's the one), where the seller must bargain in good faith and the products advertised must actually be what is sold. Anything else is illegal.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Time to file a class action! get together with all the other people and if you get 20 or more people you can sue. You can sue for anything over $20! :D

Then they should refund all the money generated by the "mistake".

I once got a grocery store to sell me bananas at .72¢ / pound.

It's still either a massive mistake that Ubisoft needs to account for or it's a cynical fraud that any company should be ashamed to pull.

Reverse charges.

Between the $1 downloads, the .txt files, the payments held in limbo, I predict tomorrow will be a cluster [censored] of epic proportions at Ubi.

:D This will be good

And in Canada, we make about 4x more money than Venezuelans, so we can afford to ship bananas several thousand kilometres from South America.

Yes, but you will never get the same quality of Banana as we do. :)

Although I do however dearly miss our great Canadian Apples.. :sad:

The local Andean apples taste horrible. Like soft sweet things, bleh! I want my Crunchy Apples!!!

Yes, but you will never get the same quality of Banana as we do. :)

Although I do however dearly miss our great Canadian Apples.. :sad:

The local Andean apples taste horrible. Like soft sweet things, bleh! I want my Crunchy Apples!!!

You do realize that almost all the Bananas produced in the world are genetically identical right?

You do realize that almost all the Bananas produced in the world are genetically identical right?

They can't be genetically identical, unless every Banana in the world is transplanted. :p

Besides that has nothing to do with what I am talking about. The fruits here are just fresher and better. There is a real difference between Fresh fruit and supermarket fruit.

Top Bottom