1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins creed: Revelation revealed!

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Love, May 11, 2011.

1. Love

Love Deity

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/60137/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-Announced-Coming-Fall-2011

I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a new character, kind of tired on Ezio. But you are supposed to get more dept on Desmond and perhaps Altaïr. And since it's just a year after Brotherhood... Well. Konstantinople is a cool place and a nice choice.

Some neat new features and random events as well.

What do you think?

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I'm still waiting for Ubisoft to remove that god awful drm from Ass Creed 2.

3. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

I hope there's less platforming and generic action and more focus on being a master assassin. I'm not too thrilled about more Ezio, either, but hopefully we'll learn more about Altair and Desmond in this one.

The multiplayer in AC:B was fun, though, so I'm glad that's getting refined and expanded further.

4. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Next era please. Enough Ezio and finding ways to get around the "we planned this to be a trilogy" line that they apparently seem to regret nowadays.

5. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

If you got two neurons to rub together it is not really hard to circumvent it.

Moderator Action: Flaming
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Bit of a necro-post, but who has played it? The SP is rather short, and the gameplay isnt as revolutionary as brotherhood. although the hookblade and the bombs are a great addition, and constantinople is beautifull. The MP is excellent though, im having awesome fun with it

7. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

At the end of Brotherhood I was starting to have quite enough. A hookblade is not enough to bring me back to the game. I'm interested in the story and like I said in May just above, ENOUGH EZIO ALREADY.

I'm seriously thinking of skipping this one and just watching the cutscenes on YouTube. I like exploring the cities enough, even though I still find their potential underused (please, real factions with side quests and meaningful places). Also, the next time I have to play an "auto-failure if detected" mission, I will kill kittens with the microwave.

8. Love

Love Deity

It's a good game but not as new feeling as brotherhood. And it was actually quite short. But I had a lot of fun and the multiplayer was a huge improvement. And you can avoid the blasted tower defence pretty easy as well. Also Constantinople is really nice. I would recommend buying it in a summersale if anything in preparation for the next game bound to be out in november.

9. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

do you play it on pc Love?

Also on january 24, there is gonna be a new dlc, with new (and old) MP maps.

Also, ther ehas been a leaked video which implies a lot of plot twists about S16 and lucy. this will probably a big Singleplayer dlc. but for when it is is n ot clear

10. Love

Love Deity

No, 360. I played AC2 on PC however. But it feels much better overall on the console, more flow in the game.

11. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

I played with gamepad, same feeling. but its indeed a big improvement from brotherhood. lots of new additions and fun gamemodes

12. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

Is it worth a buy? My friend got Revelations and he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit... Is it worthy in terms of multiplayer and single player like Brotherhood was?

13. Love

Love Deity

Not as worthy in single player but the gameplay is more perfected so if you're choosing between those two buy both

14. CivCube

CivCube Resist.

I'd rather they sold regular DLC episodes instead of annual games. It would help prevent confusion when talking about release order and it would keep the story going more smoothly.

15. Jos Ballenbak

Jos Ballenbak Zombiehunter, duh.....

But it wouldn't give Ubisoft the same amount of profit:crazyeye:

They said this would be the last with Ezio, They will probably make a game with Desmond as the main Protagonist.

16. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

It's probably gonna happen at some point, but I'd be disappointed if there wasn't at least another time period explored (hopefully just one or two games and not a lineup of never-ending overstretching games like it was for Ezio).

17. Jos Ballenbak

Jos Ballenbak Zombiehunter, duh.....

I'd like WW2 as a theme, Saboteur style!

18. Thrawn

Thrawn Emperor

Didn't they have a poll or something up somewhere for people to select one? I remember reading somewhere that they'd at least made public the choices for next setting.

edit: Found it.