1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins in Middle Ages

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by AWeeMoose, Jan 21, 2004.

1. AWeeMoose

AWeeMoose The Todd

Quick bit of history: I've been lurking in the forums since Vanilla Civ3 first came out, but this is my first post (finally). I've seen excellent questions and excellent answers and am looking for some help.

My question is: Can Arab Assassins in the Middle Ages Scenario stealth attack king units? I'm the Fatmids, trying to assassinate the Abbasid king unit in Jerusalem, but when I attack, it's not there, even though it just appeared in the Investigate City screen. :confused:

If they can't, it's going to take a long time to build a ton of UU's, then march in... :cry:

Thanks for the help.

2. Ville

Ville Deity

You can't kill kings with assasins, ninjas etc.

3. joycem10

joycem10 Deity

very true. i was pretty disappointed by that as well, but if possible it would be very unbalancing.

on a side note for the assasin:

once you chooze to attack a stack with the assasin is there anyway to revoke that choice and get back to the unit movement.

in my last game i was playing the cordobans. i had a assasin in french territory and accidently had him attack a stack. I was unable to back out the attack choice window and ended up haveing to waste his attack on a pikeman. very annoying.

4. royb

royb Regent!

This is the same as my first ever topic...

Whilst on the subject of assassins, they need to fix that bug though with assassins where war is declared when you walk into one. I am the Turks and I have assassins going towards the Abbassids so they are all over my land. Anyway, the AI decides that it is still settling cities, but it is sending settlers through my territory. The nerve! Anyway, it seems they can't avoid my assassins so a lot of civs are declaring war on me. Every turn it's like "the Danes declared war on us" or "the Magyar declared war on us". Quite annoying. At least you get free workers from the settlers :D

5. lord42

lord42 Prince

You can kill kings with the ninjas! However you must be at war first because they cannot attack cities if you are not. You can even stealth attack them! I already won segoku once by doing this..

6. lbhhh

lbhhh King

I concur completely. Took out a few kings in Sengoku myself with ninja attacks. Unless Of course assassins aren't considered as ninjas, which would seem unlikely.

7. Minstrel

Minstrel Music is the Key

Yes, you must declare war first to use them to attack a city.

8. IsTinPoliBoy

IsTinPoliBoy Chieftain

It wouldn't make much sense to call them "assassins" if they couldn't target king units....

9. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

I'm implementing assassins into my regular epic game-- for regicide purposes. Good to know they can be used to attack kings.

The assassin problem in the middle ages could be fixed by making the assassins hidden nationality units-- I was forced to do that to my submarine. However, I don't know what the rules are for Hidden Nat. units attacking cities.

10. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

If you check in the Editor, shoguns are eligible stealth attack targets for Ninja in Shengoku, but king units are not for Assassins in Middle Ages.