I have recently started working on a mod which adds the following new units to the game: Assassin, General, and Diplomat. It also changes a few things about Spies and adds governors to the game (though they are not units). Here is a basic outline of what each unit does: Spoiler : Assassin Can Assassinate Units: Each unit has a base chance of thwarting an assassination attempt. This base chance is modified by the Assassin's promotions. Receives Experience with Every Succesful Assassination: The Assassin can then receive promotions (unique to assassins) when it reaches the required experience level. Is Revealed upon Completing or Failing a Mission: When revealed, the Assassin is visible to all spies, assassins, and any units in the same tile as a spy or assassin. The assassin can then be killed by any of these units (not including the spy or assassin). The assassin becomes unrevealed when he moves out of sight of the tile where he was revealed, or after five turns. Hidden Nationality Unless Killed: When killed, the assassin's nationality is revealed and you suffer a -4 relations hit with the leader of the unit you were trying to assassinate. Diplomat Improves Relations when in Capital: Receive a +2 relations boost with a leader, when you have a diplomat in their capital. (when there is no diplomat, you will suffer a -1 relations hit). Cannot be Attacked Ignores Border Rules: Can enter borders regardless of open borders or war Can be Assassinated: 10% base chance of thwarting the attempt. Can hire bodyguard to raise this chance. Can Hire Bodyguard: Pay 1/turn for +25% chance of thwarting, 2/turn for +40% chance, or 3/turn for +50% chance. Can Use Unit as Bodyguard: Instead of hiring a bodyguard, you can also use a unit in the same tile. If the unit is in the current era, receive a +40% chance of thwarting. For each era previous, subtract 10%. Cannot Hire and Use a Unit as a Bodyguard Simultaneously General Gives Units Expericence: Can attach to units like a great general, but can also detach. Instead of giving a total number of experience to the tile, and thus spreading the promotions out, a general gives the total number of experience to each unit. The units can use these promotion when attacking from or defending in the tile that contains the general. Gains Levels when Victorious in Battle: As the general advances levels, he gives the units more experience. When a general reaches level 10, he becomes a great general. Can be Killed with Units: When a unit is killed, the general has a chance of death equal to 1/(the number of units in the tile). Can Only be Built in Capital Can be Assassinated: 20% base chance of thwarting the attempt Can Hire Bodyguard or Use Unit as Bodyguard: See above. Governor (Not a Unit) Rules City. Appears when city is founded. One per city. Can be Assassinated: 15% base chance of thwarting the attempt. Can hire bodyguard or use unit as bodyguard: See above Causes Anarchy when Assassinated: When assassinated, produces anarchy in the governor's city for one turn. Following the anarchy, a new governor appears. The King: The governor of the capital or the king (the actual title varies depending on your government civic) causes anarchy in the entire civilization for one turn when assassinated. The king has a 25% base chance of thwarting assassination. Changes Made to Spies Is Revealed upon Completing or Failing a Mission: When revealed, the spy is visible to all assassins, spies, and all units in the same tile as an assassin or spy. It can then be killed or assassinated. Stays revealed until it moves out of sight of the tile where it was revealed or after five turns. Does Not Return to Capital upon Completing a Mission Is Not Automatically Killed upon Failling a Mission: Instead, the spy is revealed. Hidden Nationality Unless Killed: When killed, suffer a -2 relations hit with the leader against who you were trying to perform a mission. Can be Assassinated: 20% chance of thwarting assassination. Can Hire Bodyguard or Use Unit as Bodyguard: See above. When a spy has a bodyguard, however, it becomes revealed. Can Search Tile for Assassin/Spy: Can spend a turn searching the tile for an assassin/spy. Has a 50% base chance of success (cumulative with multiple spies), but suffers a -5% chance for each unit in the tile or population point if in a city (also cumulative). Removes the Kill Spy Mission Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on what I have already or suggestions on how to improve it? EDIT: I am no longer working on this mod, but you can download what I did complete from here.